Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,860 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,417
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » We all can't like the same game

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
107 posts found
  niceguy3978

Elite Member

2/05/13 2:02:48 PM#41
Originally posted by Bad.dog
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Tetris is a great game. Some like it, some hate it. And it's B2P, so you if you paid for it and feel scammed, remember that you can return to it whenever you want because it doesn't force a subscription on you.

End of the day, Tetris is not for everyone. Deal with it.

I didn't know Tetris was a MMO ,,,,first time I've seen it discussed here

I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that you can copy and past the op to nearly every game ever made.  You can find at least a few fans of every game.  I'm sure I could find someone that even liked E.T. for the 2600.  But yes, you could copy and paste the op to nearly every game subforum on this site, and it would be equally as accurate.

niceguy3978

Elite Member

2/05/13 2:21:36 PM#42
Originally posted by Torgrim
Originally posted by grimal

I particularily like this one from 11/26/11 (see below). 

Now, If I'm wrong, I have no problem admittinb to my error. But when you make a soapbox based on a mountain of hypocrisy, don't expect much empathy, OP.

That is SWTOR and I guess GW2 is excactly like SWTOR right?

If GW2 was a classic made themepark then you had a point but It's not, we all know SWTOR failed bigtime so I dont see how your post have any form of mening.

Has GW2 failed?

I'm pretty sure they are saying this because in your op you seem to have this "live and let live" attitude about games, but your post history suggests a history of doing what you don't want people to do with GW2. 

Torgrim

Spotlight Poster

OP  2/05/13 2:50:17 PM#43
Originally posted by RefMinor
Originally posted by SuperDonk

Now, If I'm wrong, I have no problem admittinb to my error. But when you make a soapbox based on a mountain of hypocrisy, don't expect much empathy, OP.

If GW2 was a classic made themepark then you had a point but It's not, we all know SWTOR failed bigtime so I dont see how your post have any form of mening.

Has GW2 failed?

So you didn't even read your OP?

sigh nevermind, dosen't seems people understand what I mean.

No, people understood your OP, it's just that with your post history (see Edit below, found in seconds) it is sheer hypocrisy.

I bashed ToR something chronic in the first half of last year, so if I posted an OP like yours, like you, I would have no legitimate comeback to a charge of hypocrisy.

You got nailed, deal with it and move on.

edit: 21.08.10 "Unforgiveable rape to the greatest IP ever existed by Cryptic. This game needs to die."

Well then I'm a hypocrit then.

Those games I have bashed have been not that very good considering the IP they have been using.

Like STO, great IP for a EVE kind of freeroam MMO in my mind, instead we got a shoebox universe with little to explore and with 90% fighting (at first), much has change so I'm told.

Same with SWTOR, a great IP ruined with the first ever made railpark MMO, for me these are legit complaints and bashing materials I have played them both I have got to lvl 32 in TOR and RA in STO and what I wrote is not lies.

Many haters and trolls in GW2 do bash GW and It's ok if they know what they are talking about and if they dont lie, like some guy sead he played GW2 and you unlock every skill when you are lvl 5.

It's the liers I dive on to tell em they are wrong.

Kinda funny that guy who quoted me in out of context to prove my OP is faulty sure It can look that way but it depends on the game is it not.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Torgrim

Spotlight Poster

OP  2/05/13 2:52:16 PM#44
Originally posted by niceguy3978

Has GW2 failed?

I'm pretty sure they are saying this because in your op you seem to have this "live and let live" attitude about games, but your post history suggests a history of doing what you don't want people to do with GW2. 

Yes that's true for those who played the game and wrote what they felt was good and bad and why they won't return, those was my target with my OP.

Calerxes

Spotlight Poster

2/05/13 3:01:14 PM#45

SNIP!

No, people understood your OP, it's just that with your post history (see Edit below, found in seconds) it is sheer hypocrisy.

I bashed ToR something chronic in the first half of last year, so if I posted an OP like yours, like you, I would have no legitimate comeback to a charge of hypocrisy.

edit: 21.08.10 "Unforgiveable rape to the greatest IP ever existed by Cryptic. This game needs to die."

Those games I have bashed have been not that very good considering the IP they have been using.

Like STO, great IP for a EVE kind of freeroam MMO in my mind, instead we got a shoebox universe with little to explore and with 90% fighting (at first), much has change so I'm told.

Same with SWTOR, a great IP ruined with the first ever made railpark MMO, for me these are legit complaints and bashing materials I have played them both I have got to lvl 32 in TOR and RA in STO and what I wrote is not lies.

Many haters and trolls in GW2 do bash GW and It's ok if they know what they are talking about and if they dont lie, like some guy sead he played GW2 and you unlock every skill when you are lvl 5.

Kinda funny that guy who quoted me in out of context to prove my OP is faulty sure It can look that way but it depends on the game is it not.

Torgrim is Lance Armstrong and I claim my £5.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/05/13 3:05:44 PM#46

Everyone has reasons for liking or disliking games. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Doesn't mean your reasons for bashing TOR and STO is any more important than those who bash GW2. 

And don't even try and say you were quoted out of context. Those are your EXACT quotes. They are right there in your post history for everyone to see. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

niceguy3978

Elite Member

2/05/13 3:14:33 PM#47

Has GW2 failed?

Yes that's true for those who played the game and wrote what they felt was good and bad and why they won't return, those was my target with my OP.

While that may have been the point of your op, I think the point of others is that you haven't done this with other games, so why should someone listen to you when you haven't "practiced what you preach" so to speak.

niceguy3978

Elite Member

2/05/13 3:16:57 PM#48

Has GW2 failed?

The thing is though, there are people who feel about the games you bash (tor, sto, etc) exactly the same way as you feel about GW2.  You seem to be pulling the old George Carlin line "Your stuff is shit, my stuff is stuff."

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

2/05/13 3:19:08 PM#49
Originally posted by Calerxes

SNIP!

Don't you have to see him strolling along the promenade with a copy of GW2 under his arm to claim the £5

Torgrim

Spotlight Poster

OP  2/05/13 3:26:38 PM#50

Has GW2 failed?

The thing is though, there are people who feel about the games you bash (tor, sto, etc) exactly the same way as you feel about GW2.  You seem to be pulling the old George Carlin line "Your stuff is shit, my stuff is stuff."

That might be the case if TOR and STO were smashing success.

You know what happend to those games right?

darkhalf357x

Advanced Member

I'm only playing the role chosen for me. Who you supposed to be?

2/05/13 3:29:19 PM#51

Dosen't matter if a game is the best ever made or the worst ever made there are always people who enjoy or hate it right.

A lot of people do like GW2 and some don't really like it at all and It's ok,  we dont twist the same way, we are all looking for that special flake MMO, but sadly that will never happend due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

For me GW2 is on the right track, is the best game ever made?, no not for a long shot but Anet dared to take a risk and for me it payed off, for some it didnt.

What I'm trying to say here is just try to emprace the change and cross your fingers that hopefully your dream MMO will be made.

+1  Well Said

Unfortunately people here dont read, but *read into* what is said.

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 3:30:38 PM#52

Has GW2 failed?

Because GW2 broke every mold and everyone loves it, right?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

darkhalf357x

Advanced Member

I'm only playing the role chosen for me. Who you supposed to be?

2/05/13 3:31:08 PM#53

Has GW2 failed?

What does the success of a game have to do with a person's enjoyment of it?

Mutually exclusive.

Amjoco

Elite Member

2/05/13 3:36:28 PM#54
Originally posted by xArsonistx
[mod edit]

With good numbers I don't see the need.  NCsoft earnings report.  If you don't like the game you probably feel this way, but the truth is the game is doing wonderfully well.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/05/13 3:41:06 PM#55
Originally posted by Amjoco
[mod edit]

With good numbers I don't see the need.  NCsoft earnings report.  If you don't like the game you probably feel this way, but the truth is the game is doing wonderfully well.

Those are good numbers. The game isn't my cup of tea, but hats off to ArenaNet for a successful game. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

DamonVile

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 3:42:34 PM#56
Originally posted by darkhalf357x

+1  Well Said

Unfortunately people here dont read, but *read into* what is said.

No one seems to have issue with what he said in that post...it's just every other post he's made that kind of ruins the msg.

Lets face it, this thread has kind of gone

1) people shouldn't bash games just because they don't like it.

2) But you bash games all the time

1) Yeah but those games sucked.

Amjoco

Elite Member

2/05/13 3:43:24 PM#57
Originally posted by ktanner3
[mod edit]

Those are good numbers. The game isn't my cup of tea, but hats off to ArenaNet for a successful game. 

Nice response. I wish all folks saw things the way you do. I like the game but hope for some changes down the pipe. I play a couple times a week but know it's always there for a good time. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

jpnz

Novice Member

2/05/13 4:30:04 PM#58

Their parent company isn't though.

328,000 -> 132,500 share price isn't 'good numbers'.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Gaia_Hunter

Hard Core Member

2/05/13 4:49:22 PM#59
Originally posted by jpnz

Their parent company isn't though.

328,000 -> 132,500 share price isn't 'good numbers'.

So $40M->$110M =$150M.

At an average of $30 a box that is 5M boxes.

That is lots of gems. :)

And I thought people said B2P revenue dwindle really fast cause it was box based.

Currently playing: GW2
Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, King of Tokyo

Calerxes

Spotlight Poster

2/05/13 5:06:56 PM#60
Originally posted by Calerxes

SNIP!

Don't you have to see him strolling along the promenade with a copy of GW2 under his arm to claim the £5

I've seen him already in this virtual world we all inhabit and diposited the virtual £5 in my virtual bank account.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search