Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Archlord 2 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,799,157 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,195,864
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
109 posts found
  MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/25/13 5:10:31 PM#1
Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:14:50 PM#2
for me i would create an entire new skillset just for PVP.. then i would take the current weapon skillset and use the current utility system and add that to weapons allowing you to mix and match differn't weapon skills as well. Then i would put in a system to aquire tokens to buy new skills by doing various events and encounters throughout the world.. I would also add in guild halls and completely flesh out the guild system adding in guild skills and equipment and guild activities.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Scorp2778

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:19:13 PM#3
I would like to see more of an advanced skill system. Although you can have new skills with different items, the skills you get per item aren't enough for me. Adding one or two more interchangable skills per item would add depth to characters and give players more options of how to play a class. I thought the combat was fun but a little shallow from a skills perspective.
  elitero

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:21:23 PM#4

ANd this how one member reached spotlight poster..

On topic nothing to discuss here. You guys are just going to get your jimmies rustled.

Bladestrom

Hard Core Member

1/25/13 5:23:22 PM#5
Daft question by op. same as gw1, skills, skills, skills and refinement of pve and pvp.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW (1000 hrs on main mage)> oblivion > LOTR (480 Hunter) > Rift (230 hours mage) > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(900 elementalist)

Now playing Wildstar, AOW 3

Vunak23

Novice Member

In your house Eatin' your Cookies!

1/25/13 5:25:50 PM#6
Actually having GvG?

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:28:01 PM#7
Originally posted by Vunak23
Actually having GvG?

they showed the data on GW1 GvG it was a TINY % that actually played it so they decided not to work on it for GW2 release... may be in some day who knows

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Bladestrom

Hard Core Member

1/25/13 5:32:00 PM#8
When you say 'actually gvg', did you mean to say 'I would love gvg'

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW (1000 hrs on main mage)> oblivion > LOTR (480 Hunter) > Rift (230 hours mage) > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(900 elementalist)

Now playing Wildstar, AOW 3

eyelolled

Apprentice Member

I am more than some of my parts

1/25/13 5:32:55 PM#9

After reading the thread about sexism it got me thinking that GW2 breast physics are a little lacking.

Oh, and let people make fat toons if they want.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:34:26 PM#10
Originally posted by eyelolled

After reading the thread about sexism it got me thinking that GW2 breast physics are a little lacking.

really? hmm my norn and human have pretty good physics honestly:)

eyelolled

Apprentice Member

1/25/13 5:35:41 PM#11
Originally posted by Aerowyn

show me!  :P

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

QSatu

Apprentice Member

1/25/13 5:37:36 PM#12
More skills, weapon sets for professions. Better elite skills, like in GW1 where they could define your build. And all those things ANet is currently working on like guild missions, better boss fights etc.
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:38:42 PM#13

show me!  :P

lol i can possibly put a video together later if i have time

Alber_gamer

Hard Core Member

1/25/13 5:39:00 PM#14

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

eyelolled

Apprentice Member

1/25/13 6:09:22 PM#15
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

Good thing people share such productive input. At least it's not just another person that has no interest in the game trolling about how  every single game available should suit their own preference, cause that would be silly.

Rthuth434

Novice Member

1/25/13 6:12:17 PM#16
more lateral content and more features. good thing both are in the works. the one thing i wish they did differently was getting the sPvP up to snuff out the gate. coming form GW it is a huge letdown.
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 6:14:32 PM#17
Originally posted by Rthuth434
more lateral content and more features. good thing both are in the works. the one thing i wish they did differently was getting the sPvP up to snuff out the gate. coming form GW it is a huge letdown.

agree here sPVP needs more types of maps and gameplay modes

jpnz

Elite Member

1/25/13 6:24:21 PM#18

I think something to fix the WvW issue where the underdog gets even further behind cause not many stick around.

While I am enjoying the fact my server (Magumma) has the other 2 servers on 'farm' status, not sure if it is a good one.

Seeing 'X server SOS / Mass Exodus on Server Y!' doesn't seem right.

Hopefully the paid X-fer will deter that though.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

eyelolled

Apprentice Member

1/25/13 6:31:51 PM#19
Originally posted by Rthuth434

agree here sPVP needs more types of maps and gameplay modes

Even though I never once played a sPvP match, so it doesn't really affect me, I think this should have a bigger priority.

Skooma2

Advanced Member

1/25/13 6:32:49 PM#20
By adopting, arena for arena, GW 1's pvp system.  Why this is called Guild Wars 2 and there are no GvG possibilities is beyond me.  Quite frankly, I found GW1's gameplay more entertaining than GW2.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search