Trending Games | ArcheAge | Swordsman | Destiny | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,824 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,189,170
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » [Poll] Will You Buy the First GW2 Xpac?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
68 posts found
  Ezhae

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 4:23:24 AM#41
Consdiering how they put out content, for free, for last months and have even more planned for next months I don't see why not. In hours played and fun factor the game already was worth it several times over for me. Sure there are issues, some bigger, some smaller and there is whole lot of tweaking on Arena Net's part to do, but since they don't ask me to pay subscirption to beta test it and they keep adding new stuff I'm satisfied. 
  dlld

Advanced Member

12/13/12 8:44:48 AM#42
I voted yes but it all really comes down to what they put in it (or don't), based on the game so far it seems unlikely anything but personal economic issues will stop me from buying it on day one though.
  Terranah

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 8:48:31 AM#43
Depends on what's in it.  We already have a pretty big world.  I'd like to see some housing where I could decorate, similar to the swg system.  I understand it probably would be instanced though.
  Kabaal

Apprentice Member

Haggis Humper

12/13/12 8:56:40 AM#44
I probably won't buy it. I rarely even get the urge to log in to the game and when i do i tend to be bored by the first hour and log out for another month. It will really depend on what else is available or coming out at the time as the only way i can imagine myself making the purchase is if i have nothing else to play, at all.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

elitero

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 9:04:53 AM#45
Yes will be buying .
  Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

12/13/12 9:12:54 AM#46

Almost no reason for me to say no.

The game has more value than all of the console games I've bought the last ten years combined.  The monthly updates of free content is more than any MMO I'm subscribed to, and the game seems to have been running much better than it did at launch.  The Elementalist is very deep in it's skill system and chaining, and I'm starting to have great fun with the warrior as well.

Though a big thing for me is if they include Housing and Guild Halls by then, as well as the increase of the continents.

There's just no logical reason for me to say no save for it being a time where money is hard to come by.  Even if I didn't like all the core mechanics, I'd probably still support the money for content value it provides.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

grimal

Spotlight Poster

12/13/12 9:13:22 AM#47

I voted no.

It was a fun game for a time.  But that time has passed.

Release a game with a very large established fanbase from 10+ years of bnet history when the market was still emerging and the casual base had not yet been established, thus ripe for harvesting a momentious self perpetuating playerbase people never leave because they have X hours invested in their characters, and their friends and everyone else plays anyway. Not discounting Blizzard quality... but WoW's success is as much about perfect timing as it is quality, if not more so. - Derros

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

12/13/12 9:56:16 AM#48
In a heartbeat, but it looks like we'll be waiting awhile for an expansion. Interesting note, they're saying that the January and February updates will contain an expansions worth of new content, so it seems that we'll be getting the first one (comparatively) for free. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

Pivotelite

Novice Member

12/13/12 10:02:41 AM#49

I enjoyed it while I played but unless the x-pac dramatically overhauls the design/classes/skill system I doubt i'll come back.

I'll probably still be playing TERA somehow and DF:UW seems very promising, with those games still in my mind I haven't had the slightest urge to play GW2. :/

Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 10:11:35 AM#50

It is neat to mess around with, as a single player game, but unless there is a major overhaul to the social (or lack thereof) system in Guild Wars 2, I'm not very interested in purchasing any expansion.  GW2 is just simply a lonely experience.  No real interaction or rivalries between players, or the commands / tools to do so.  Interaction only exists in friend lists and guilds, which are very useless, especially in a game about "Guild WARS".  PvP is pointless also.  I have no incentive or desire to log on (outside of holidays just to see what was done .. but even then, meh, still single player everything).

ArenaNet did mention player / guild housing, and that *might* be neat, but it would literally need to blow me away, because Rift's Dimensions is king of player created areas right now.  They essentially said, "While other games let you decorate a house, we'll let you build you house from scratch, micromanage every small piece like Lego's, and then let you build a whole zone to put it in, also from scratch."  Hard to top that.

If ArenaNet ever does player created content, this is literally what they are up against:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/tuesdays-top-dimensions/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

12/13/12 10:42:19 AM#51
Originally posted by Karteli

It is neat to mess around with, as a single player game, but unless there is a major overhaul to the social (or lack thereof) system in Guild Wars 2, I'm not very interested in purchasing any expansion.  GW2 is just simply a lonely experience.  No real interaction or rivalries between players, or the commands / tools to do so.  Interaction only exists in friend lists and guilds, which are very useless, especially in a game about "Guild WARS".  PvP is pointless also.  I have no incentive or desire to log on (outside of holidays just to see what was done .. but even then, meh, still single player everything).

ArenaNet did mention player / guild housing, and that *might* be neat, but it would literally need to blow me away, because Rift's Dimensions is king of player created areas right now.  They essentially said, "While other games let you decorate a house, we'll let you build you house from scratch, micromanage every small piece like Lego's, and then let you build a whole zone to put it in, also from scratch."  Hard to top that.

If ArenaNet ever does player created content, this is literally what they are up against:

OK... that Dimension thing is pretty amazing. Maybe, just maybe, ANet is holding off realizing what they have to compete with and they're trying to do so. They do seem to have a habit of taking what they see as the best of other games and trying to improve on it...

Imagine the boon to crafting if furnishings and all that came into game in the future. Wow.

Oderint, dum metuant.

User Deleted
12/13/12 10:48:30 AM#52

No.

Why?

• As it stands I'm itching way more to boot up GW1.
  • By the time the xpac is launched there will be new MMOs/games for me to sink my time into.
  Porkins1

Novice Member

12/13/12 10:54:48 AM#53

I voted yes, I know Guild Wars 2 is not perfect. Arenanet really seems to care about their game so im excited to see what they do with it!

Four0Six

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 10:59:24 AM#54
Some other poster already said "TSW is B2P no so no", I'm with them.
  RizelStar

Apprentice Member

We all breathe and we all die.

12/13/12 12:24:19 PM#55
Originally posted by Tolmos

If they don't increase the level cap(example: Guild Wars 1)- yes. If they do increase the level cap(example: World of Warcraft)- no.

Do people like this purposefully set themselves up for dissappointment just for the sake of it?

Voted yes by the way.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Bad.dog

Elite Member

12/13/12 3:18:51 PM#56

That wouldn't intrest me for five minutes ...0 intrest in playing a cross between Lego and Barbie online and calling it a mmo

Voted yes  so far

Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 3:38:13 PM#57
Originally posted by Bad.dog

That wouldn't intrest me for five minutes ...0 intrest in playing a cross between Lego and Barbie online and calling it a mmo

Voted yes  so far

I'm not sure how you got Barbie into this, but I guess that's just your way of showing lack of interest.  A kind of weak analogy IMO, but, whatever.

If you think player created content doesn't have a market, then you are flat out wrong.  Minecraft is fun and highly popular, especially amongst those who will be gamers *soon*.

I attribute anti-change comments as those from a "fan", which carries some stereotypes (correct if wrong).  They like everything the way it is, and reject changes, even if that means the population dwindles.  They are not concerned how many people play the game, as long as they enjoy it personally.  They are not connected with the overall community (Your statements, as example).

If GW2 ever came out with their version of Dimensions, that would be nothing short of AWESOME.  Especially if the components and items were crafted and sellable / tradeable.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Cromica

Advanced Member

12/13/12 3:50:27 PM#58

Yes

Even though GW2 has its problems IMO it is still better than anything that is out now and anything that I have seen coming in the future.

Bad.dog

Elite Member

12/13/12 3:56:39 PM#59
Originally posted by Bad.dog

Voted yes  so far

I'm not sure how you got Barbie into this, but I guess that's just your way of showing lack of interest.  A kind of weak analogy IMO, but, whatever.

If you think player created content doesn't have a market, then you are flat out wrong.  Minecraft is fun and highly popular, especially amongst those who will be gamers *soon*.

I attribute anti-change comments as those from a "fan", which carries some stereotypes (correct if wrong).  They like everything the way it is, and reject changes, even if that means the population dwindles.  They are not concerned how many people play the game, as long as they enjoy it personally.  They are not connected with the overall community (Your statements, as example).

If GW2 ever came out with their version of Dimensions, that would be nothing short of AWESOME.  Especially if the components and items were crafted and sellable / tradeable.

To each thier own ...I'm not sure about player created content having a market or not >>> I am sure I have no intrest in building a house and furnishing it in a mmo nor do I have any intrest in crafting furniture or anything else along those lines .

I found the housing in LOTRO to be a waste of time and space and not something I'd waste my time on again...now the building of towns and forts in a sandbox type game serves a purpose i can understand ....but a theme park game with house building just isn't my cup of tea  

Celcius

Advanced Member

12/13/12 3:59:48 PM#60
Yes, absolutely. If the GW1 expansions are any indication a GW 2 expansion would be huge. If you didn't get every penny worth (60$) from the initial box price then you should probably have done more research or played beta honestly. The game is well worth the cost considering how many games out there cost 60$ and give you maybe 20 hours of gameplay.
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search