Trending Games | ArcheAge | Diablo 3 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,910 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,496
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else think its getting a bit quiet out there?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
102 posts found
  tank017

Novice Member

12/09/12 9:02:29 PM#41

Was on Anvil Rock,Sanctum of Rall, and now Im on Sorrow's Furnace..

they've all been a ghost town around lvl 45ish..

albeit,Ive only logged in while on Sorrows Furnace maybe twice.Not expecting it to be a block party though.

I think whats happened is, the GW2 party is over.People are over it and have moved on to other games such as Xcom or whatever.

KhinRunite

Novice Member

12/09/12 9:16:50 PM#42

The population on GW2 spikes back up every new content patch (Haloween, Lost Shores). I expect the December patch to bring in some activity again.

I myself haven't played in two weeks now, but it's not because I'm bored of the game. I'm just busy with other more pressing stuff, and I don't want to miss out the chance to play other games as well. And it's perfect because I don't have a monthly bill to worry about.

karmath

Novice Member

12/09/12 9:30:11 PM#43

Why does it seem that most people in this thread are surprised? Every single last clone to date has the exact same problem regardless if it was well received like Rift/GW2 or badly like AoC/SWTOR.

umie214

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 11:09:57 PM#44

ANet messed up pretty bad. i havent touched the fractals crap. world is dead. until they improve open world DE's and rewards, i wont be playing any PVE. i took a break after the Ascended fiasco, and now im too busy playing XCOM and BL2 myself. 

i bought GW2 for pvp anyway, so i'll likely reinstall if Dec 14 patch notes look decent. 

umie214

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 11:10:49 PM#45
Originally posted by karmath

Why does it seem that most people in this thread are surprised? Every single last clone to date has the exact same problem regardless if it was well received like Rift/GW2 or badly like AoC/SWTOR.

GW2 was the first original MMo since WoW and has revolutionized the industry. it's the best MMO out right now, period. too bad MMO's suck in general. 

Destai

Hard Core Member

12/09/12 11:11:41 PM#46
I just logged off and majority of the servers are still full. People could be in dungeons, could be in WvW - but I think there's plenty of people on. 

Current MMOs: Wildstar, Guild Wars 2, the Secret World, World of Warcraft

Past Loves: Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest

jpnz

Elite Member

12/09/12 11:24:34 PM#47
Originally posted by Destai
I just logged off and majority of the servers are still full. People could be in dungeons, could be in WvW - but I think there's plenty of people on. 

They are concentrated in FOTM or the beginning areas.

There is a big 20-70 wasteland that even the ANet dev's have said 'need to figure something out' when it was brought up in their AMA recently.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

12/09/12 11:35:47 PM#48
Originally posted by Robokapp
Originally posted by eyelolled

I wonder how long all the people that don't play the game will still be able to tell us everything about it.  Thank heavens for all these clairvoyants, what better place to gain expert opinions than from the mouths of the ignorant.

this is what we call 'denial'. you're not telling us anything, just burying your head in the sand at what others tell us.

well done. just stay off the concrete.

OK. So I've been playing all day. I have yet to see an area that doesn't have people running around. I have done multiple DE's and never once was there less than 3 people involved.  I've been playing in 15-25, 45-55, 55-65 zones.  I've hardly seen areas that there isn't somebody veiwable pretty much everywhere I go.

There is your information. Now I'm not living in denial and you can quit being ignorant.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

gaeanprayer

Novice Member

12/09/12 11:39:48 PM#49
Everyone's busy running fractals atm which unfortunately have the side effect of diluting the playpool due to their nature. Right now, it's level based, meaning people who reach a specific level generally won't bother with the levels before it, which spreads the population thin. Anet will be addressing this soon in an update which will likely change it to tier based instead of level-based. In the meantime, I'd suggest you get a good guild. Mine is extremely active with no less than 30 people on at a time, twice that in the evenings, with an even split between dungeon runners and WvW'ers. It's so easy to find things to do with people I know and trust that to be perfectly honest, I don't really bother interacting with anyone else.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Panther2103

Hard Core Member

12/09/12 11:48:20 PM#50
My server has been pretty packed. I find groups everywhere still and it isn't even one of the full servers. I'm not sure but it seems like the population is incredibly similar to when it first came out, maybe not AS many people but still quite a few.
  Baleout

Novice Member

12/09/12 11:53:08 PM#51
Originally posted by Robokapp

I wonder how long all the people that don't play the game will still be able to tell us everything about it.  Thank heavens for all these clairvoyants, what better place to gain expert opinions than from the mouths of the ignorant.

this is what we call 'denial'. you're not telling us anything, just burying your head in the sand at what others tell us.

well done. just stay off the concrete.

OK. So I've been playing all day. I have yet to see an area that doesn't have people running around. I have done multiple DE's and never once was there less than 3 people involved.  I've been playing in 15-25, 45-55, 55-65 zones.  I've hardly seen areas that there isn't somebody veiwable pretty much everywhere I go.

There is your information. Now I'm not living in denial and you can quit being ignorant.

Same here was on the better part of the day .

Folks were just about everywhere in all zones.

I will say tho its not like 2-3 months ago tho

elvenwolf

Novice Member

12/09/12 11:59:00 PM#52
I was on with my  level 40 something to 50 something in piken square and people were around, we even fought  a big dragon event in the zone, i don't know other servers but Piken Square seem ok so far, no problem finding people wandering around or doing events.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5120/7210363296_8357bee9de.jpg

User Deleted
12/10/12 12:07:13 AM#53
Originally posted by sfc1971

Quit playing for a while, Far Cry 3 in my case and noticed it before I left.

GW2 pulled a stupid move with Ascended gear, which was for a while concentrating everyone into grinding that gear set and that left normal quest areas empty.

It is an ancient problem with level/gear based MMO's. Add a new level cap and that is where everyone is, grinding away, presenting a barren world to everyone else.

It is the reason Ascended gear was so protested against. Doing this kinda stuff never helped make a game more lively, accesible or even just plain fun.

Lotro was the same, pre-moria people were playing through all areas, post-moria 99% was locked up in moria grinding hope gear.

Soccer clubs spend a LOT of time on their junior teams because they know that you need new blood to survive. MMO's put any new player in lonely world with an ever bigger level gap to cross and wonder why they die out.

Yeah this pretty much hits the nail on the head.

The game isnt dead, just the leveling areas.

Also lots of people when making alts will get them up to 35, then just level them with dungeon speed runs, this also gets them a full set of exotic gear when they hit 80, which doing open-world content will not.

AlBQuirky

Spotlight Poster

Tomorrow's just a future yesterday...

12/10/12 12:18:49 AM#54

I just logged back onto Ferguson's Crossing last night in over a month and was playing my 33 ranger in Gendarren Fields. I soloed 3 dynamic events while playing. I did see a handful of other players while running around in the zone.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Navek

Advanced Member

12/10/12 3:03:47 AM#55

Every time I log into Lions Arch I end up an overflow server, so there must be people about , but in general the lower level zones do seem a lot quieter but that is to be expected this long after launch and with the subscription model being used.

The ability to pick the game up for events and leave after them for a casual player with a max level character while suffering no real disadvantage only encourages the lower areas to be empty.

Greyhooff

Novice Member

12/10/12 3:42:04 AM#56

There are zergs fighting the dragons in the levelling zones pretty much on cooldown. 

I am levelling an elementalist and I see people all the time, in every zone. Sometimes it's a dozen+, sometimes it's just a couple, but there are always people.

Make a joke in map chat and start a conversation, and you'll realise there are a lot of other quiet people in your vicinity who hadn't said a word till then, quietly levelling on their own.

Then getting together to do events and hearts is fairly easy, you don't even need to be in group to help out, just run with others.

Most people silently run to some god-forsaken corner of the map, never say anything in chat and somehow expect 20 people to just be there waiting for them.

delete5230

Elite Member

12/10/12 4:08:36 AM#57
[mod edit]

You waited this long to give an " I told you so " :)

Anyway, it's still not fitting, take it from me, someone who stoped playing about 25 days into it when I got bord.  Just because I stopped means nothing, this game lasted and is still lasting.  No one of this post is saying that the game is really dead except the OP............Infact, I plan on comming back after I'm done playing Vanilla WoW....Why ?  Because a lower population will bring about a community.  More people will work togeather and friends could be made, And that is why I play mmos !

Just saying, you were too soon on your " I told you so "  :)

mazut

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:00:08 AM#58
Yeah, I can't buy some karma gear cus Balth temple is always contested. And even when people try to take it they fail...
  User Deleted
12/10/12 8:19:03 AM#59
Originally posted by Greyhooff

There are zergs fighting the dragons in the levelling zones pretty much on cooldown. 

I am levelling an elementalist and I see people all the time, in every zone. Sometimes it's a dozen+, sometimes it's just a couple, but there are always people.

Make a joke in map chat and start a conversation, and you'll realise there are a lot of other quiet people in your vicinity who hadn't said a word till then, quietly levelling on their own.

Then getting together to do events and hearts is fairly easy, you don't even need to be in group to help out, just run with others.

Most people silently run to some god-forsaken corner of the map, never say anything in chat and somehow expect 20 people to just be there waiting for them.

Yeah this is also true. It might look like there arent many people around, but call out in map when one of the bigger events are on and people will flock there. Too many people blaming the game for their own anti-social behaviour.

The game has all the features you need to be social. Just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

vonryan123

Novice Member

12/10/12 8:24:51 AM#60
reading all this just makes me happy I got a refund seems I made a good choice.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search