Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,508 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,644
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else think its getting a bit quiet out there?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
102 posts found
  chryses

Novice Member

OP  12/09/12 1:31:23 PM#21

I figure level 70 is a funny zone to be in anyway, just need to work up to 80 and see if that is where the pop is.  I am fine to play on my own but the real fun I had in GW2 was playing some of the big dynamic events with a group of random players.  Now I am finding it hard to do any decent DE's. 

I guess its a Christmas month and if going by my schedule leading up to Christmas I won't have much time to play either. 

slickbizzle

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 1:38:31 PM#22
On my server, while leveling my 2nd character to 80, the population seems pretty healthy and active.  
  Master10K

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 2:09:46 PM#23

As much as I enjoy GW2, I have to agree with you. Levelling is not as fun without running into random people and as I level my level 40+ Thief alt, I don't run into random people as often as I did whilst levelling my main. But that's to be expected in an MMO, since the majority of the game's population are on their level 80s doing dungeons, fractals, sPvP or WvW. However on my server there are at least enough people in a zone to complete the group events, during peak time.

Also what I just discovered (literally an hour ago) is that my server holds daily mining runs. Where a group of commanders lead a zerg of players across several zones to farm nodes. Was quite fun and a sight to behold. And people say the game is dead.

Howry

Novice Member

12/09/12 2:17:21 PM#24

The best thing about GW2 is they were willing to give me my money back a week after I purchased the game.

I thought that was pretty cool of them.

Otherwise IMO the game is terrible, thats why you arent seeing alot of people running around.

HorrorScope

Advanced Member

12/09/12 2:32:06 PM#25
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I bought the game  in the hope of great WvW. Tiny maps,ques and zergs that negate any achievement in minutes have taken away  any motivation  . I wish it weren't so. I love competing in faction vs faction games.

Elder Scrolls online is the only shining light on the horizon for me.

No it isn't, Age Of Wushu is epic FFA faction PvP with some features never seen in any MMO lol.

I have so little faith in an asian mmo satifying my western ways. I also feel we have less then zero communications with developers, so if westerners heavily pushed for something, it's totally missed. I hope something can make me change my stance on this.

On topic, yes this is something fans said wouldn't happen on release. The thing with this game is it seems it could make some reasonable changes to fix this, where a std mmo and how it's open world is setup, there is no chance to fix it. GW2 is like so close you can almost taste it.

fiontar

Novice Member

12/09/12 3:01:14 PM#26

It must be server specific. I'm on Tarnished Coast. When I do my dailies and a little level 70-80 farming with my Level 80 Thief, I see a good number of people roaming the zones and at Dynamic Events. Lion's Arch is still bustling, I always end up in overflow, often even at odd hours. I also started a Guardian this week and Divinity's Reach and Queensdale both have very healthy populations.

If I do some free roaming play in the level 40-70 zones, sometimes things can feel a bit underpopulated, but that has more to do with the current population distribution than anything.

You can still do a weekly free server transfer, so if your server is dead and you have no ties there, you might check out a more populated server.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

12/09/12 3:15:08 PM#27
Originally posted by Rimmersman
Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I bought the game  in the hope of great WvW. Tiny maps,ques and zergs that negate any achievement in minutes have taken away  any motivation  . I wish it weren't so. I love competing in faction vs faction games.

Elder Scrolls online is the only shining light on the horizon for me.

No it isn't, Age Of Wushu is epic FFA faction PvP with some features never seen in any MMO lol.

Yeah,  maybe, but that name is going to hold this title back, I mean it sounds like someone sneezing in a hankie. 

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

grimal

Spotlight Poster

12/09/12 3:48:32 PM#28
Originally posted by fiontar

It must be server specific. I'm on Tarnished Coast. When I do my dailies and a little level 70-80 farming with my Level 80 Thief, I see a good number of people roaming the zones and at Dynamic Events. Lion's Arch is still bustling, I always end up in overflow, often even at odd hours. I also started a Guardian this week and Divinity's Reach and Queensdale bot have very healthy populations.

If I do some free roaming play in the level 40-70 zones, sometimes things can feel a bit underpopulated, but that has more to do with the current population distribution than anything.

You can still do a weekly free server transfer, so if your server is dead and you have no ties there, you might check out a more populated server.

I stopped playing a couple weeks back and Tarnished Coast had been my server for a while.  It seemed really really dead outside the cities and 70+ areas.

The problem is....how do you know what server to move to?   All the servers pretty much say "Full" all the time, so if your server is dead yet still says Full.....what do you do?

Release a game with a very large established fanbase from 10+ years of bnet history when the market was still emerging and the casual base had not yet been established, thus ripe for harvesting a momentious self perpetuating playerbase people never leave because they have X hours invested in their characters, and their friends and everyone else plays anyway. Not discounting Blizzard quality... but WoW's success is as much about perfect timing as it is quality, if not more so. - Derros

dimnikar

Novice Member

12/09/12 3:57:10 PM#29
This isn't a real MMORPG, why would the population drop seem weird? Very few games keep high numbers outside the MMORPG genre, and those who do usually have more than one mode of arena multiplay... O.o

http://lyrics.iztok.org/verse/Lynyrd_Skynyrd/Simple_Man/80615

feena750

Advanced Member

12/09/12 4:01:41 PM#30
They said they are going to add ascended stuff to other parts of the game.  Once they do that people will leave the fractals and get out in the world again.
  fiontar

Novice Member

12/09/12 5:20:53 PM#31
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by fiontar

It must be server specific. I'm on Tarnished Coast. When I do my dailies and a little level 70-80 farming with my Level 80 Thief, I see a good number of people roaming the zones and at Dynamic Events. Lion's Arch is still bustling, I always end up in overflow, often even at odd hours. I also started a Guardian this week and Divinity's Reach and Queensdale bot have very healthy populations.

I stopped playing a couple weeks back and Tarnished Coast had been my server for a while.  It seemed really really dead outside the cities and 70+ areas.

The problem is....how do you know what server to move to?   All the servers pretty much say "Full" all the time, so if your server is dead yet still says Full.....what do you do?

I had a few weeks off fro the game due to an unexpected illness, but the past few weeks I've found Tarnished Coast to be pretty populated, considering how large the game is. I just played this after noon and while in Kessex Hills I had a half dozen to a dozen people showing up for almost all the Dynamic Events and I didn't work on a heart where there weren't at least a couple more people doing the same.

In the mid-ranges, some zones are more populated than others. I've found that the closer to Lion's Arch, the more people you run into. I enjoy the wintery mid level zones, but they have been fairly sparse compared to the jungle zones. Even there, though, I was still running into people.

I don't know what to tell you. The game is more fun when playing with others on voice chat, so you might want to find a good guild to play with. I play more than my friends and still enjoy playing alone, but there is nothing like sociable play with good people.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

chryses

Novice Member

OP  12/09/12 6:41:43 PM#32

I am not panicking too much about it still. I am going to check out some other servers though as I haven't moved at all yet. 

The worst thing about MMO's generally is that you kind of expect that great buzz for 3 months and then deafening silence.  The key issue for companies is how to keep pop spread across zones.

GW2, due to scaling down to zone level, could easily stick in a massive event in a range of low tier or mid tier zones.  Be a good way to drag the 80's back into open world and create a buzz for levelling or new players again. 

The only game that has managed to keep players populating all zones is EVE.  Wish more fantasy games could manage this.

Thanks for the server advice though, never though about moving.

User Deleted
12/09/12 6:45:48 PM#33

It's so not your imagination.

Between their horrible emplementation of the loot rolls system, the serious bugs in the class abilities (engineers find a new one every week) and the new ascended gear elitism there is alot for them to fix that they themselves broke over the past three months. 

Every game has it's issues but these aren't from anything that they couldn't seriously handle and quickly if they put the resources to it.

Kalmarth

Advanced Member

12/09/12 6:50:02 PM#34

Still playing but also finding that less and less people are about, due to work I'm on a diffent times all the time so get to see a wide spread, weekends I see a few more but still starting to feel like a single player game.

*shrugs* will keep playing a while long see if it picks up, if they do a server merge would be good though.

zastroph

Novice Member

12/09/12 7:16:24 PM#35
I have moved a few time, it is much the same on all of the servers that I have been to and getting worse!
  boxsnd

Advanced Member

12/09/12 8:08:59 PM#36
If the trend continues GW2's population will be lower than SWTOR's in a few months. It's already about to be surpassed by FC3, BF3, D3, WoT, Minecraft on Xfire. I wonder when they will start merging servers.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Castillle

Forum Bunny

12/09/12 8:19:57 PM#37
Originally posted by boxsnd
If the trend continues GW2's population will be lower than SWTOR's in a few months. It's already about to be surpassed by FC3, BF3, D3, WoT, Minecraft on Xfire. I wonder when they will start merging servers.

Omfg Ninjanomyx

*high pitched scream*

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

12/09/12 8:52:01 PM#38

I wonder how long all the people that don't play the game will still be able to tell us everything about it.  Thank heavens for all these clairvoyants, what better place to gain expert opinions than from the mouths of the ignorant.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

12/09/12 8:56:39 PM#39
Originally posted by eyelolled

I wonder how long all the people that don't play the game will still be able to tell us everything about it.  Thank heavens for all these clairvoyants, what better place to gain expert opinions than from the mouths of the ignorant.

this is what we call 'denial'. you're not telling us anything, just burying your head in the sand at what others tell us.

well done. just stay off the concrete.

User Deleted
12/09/12 9:01:28 PM#40
Originally posted by Vannor

Wow, you've been playing xcom for a month? I was done with that ater 2 days.

Yeh, population is lower now. What else could have happened though? The launch was so successful that it could only go down instead of up. Find the right server for the times that you play.

Wow, your still playing GW2? I was done with that by level 9.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search