Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,814,924 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,213,818
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » [Interview] with Colin - huge content updates in the coming months

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
85 posts found
  KhinRunite

Novice Member

12/02/12 8:14:25 PM#21
Originally posted by remyburke

Hopefully they add something that makes me want to log in again. Here's my wishlist:

Fix your horrid dungeons. Bring in the trinity!

No to the trinity. If they can find a way to make both systems work I'm ok with it, but if we end up waiting for a particular class in our groups I'm out of the game.

Badaboom

Hard Core Member

12/02/12 8:44:32 PM#22
Originally posted by KhinRunite

Hopefully they add something that makes me want to log in again. Here's my wishlist:

No to the trinity. If they can find a way to make both systems work I'm ok with it, but if we end up waiting for a particular class in our groups I'm out of the game.

I think most people agree with you. 

RizelStar

Apprentice Member

We all breathe and we all die.

12/02/12 11:17:18 PM#23
Originally posted by Badaboom
Originally posted by Volgore

Sounds good, but i guess alot of players would prefer them to fix their basic game in first place.

The state of many mechanics, systems and classes is still embarrasing, while ANet's communication (or shall i say "attitude") is just unprofessional.

Got my money's worth though, but no amount of content is going to bring me back as long as they don't get their basic game together.

I think you overstate the problems. Nothing you mentioned is "game breaking". Look at any of the other mmos that have been out for 5 years or more and they still are balancing classes. 

I agree, and I also say to myself when reading apost like the one you quoted I just want say "Life." just that one word and nothin else because I can't really think of anything living life, living it perfectly, I always expect great things to have flaws and issues in [life]. 

Mainly MMORPG's. I guess since I can tolerate a lot of things I don't start bullshitting as if I expect things to be perfect. By the way there isn't anything truly game breaking in GW2 [so far]. Ascendent Items are subjective though.

Speaking of embarrassing, I be wondering why some people pay to hate on a game, lol shit doesn't make sense, in short I'm talking about people who know they won't like a game but will still buy it knowing damn well they don't like it, just so they can stroke their cyber egos on the forums lol "I told you so!" [Sorry for off topic rant]

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

12/03/12 3:48:27 AM#24

"F2P/B2P games will never release as much content as P2P games!"

"Ah they already have your money so they don't care about you".

"They adding new content all the time? They should be fixing all tthe bugs and make all classes completely balanced before that! Ah the game was released unfinished so they owe you that content to start with."

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

wireded21

Novice Member

12/03/12 4:23:51 AM#25
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

"They adding new content all the time? They should be fixing all tthe bugs and make all classes completely balanced before that! Ah the game was released unfinished so they owe you that content to start with."

Sorry but that statement isn't true.

So WoW, with it's 10 million subscribers still insists on cashing in again and again for new content in the form of expansions... hmmm

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

12/03/12 4:38:05 AM#26

I still keep reading this website and I am amazed at how jaded MMO players are. They will whine no matter what. They burn through a game's content in 1-2 weeks where this content will take normal gamers months to go through. I am still amazed at how so many people get to max level in 1-2 weeks in MMOs. I mean do you guys play 8 hours a day? Don't you have anything else to do?

But what is really annoying that most MMO players seem to have some sort of moral code which forbids them from a playing a game no matter what. E.g. in this thread you have so many people saying that no matter what ArenaNet they will not play. So there are no changes which can ever make you like a game? Really?

Anyways companies should NEVER listen to the MMO playerbased. NEVER! They QQ all the time and they come up with some random high ground principles which prevent them from playing a game. It's so silly, it's ridiculous.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

12/03/12 4:59:05 AM#27
Originally posted by wireded21
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Sorry but that statement isn't true.

So WoW, with it's 10 million subscribers still insists on cashing in again and again for new content in the form of expansions... hmmm

Just to inform I'm not stating anything but instead collecting ideas some express (generally they express all of those ideas in different situations/time frame), using that exact wording or wording to similar meaning.

Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

hikaru77

Hard Core Member

12/03/12 5:00:30 AM#28
More Dungeons, Zones or Events wont bring people back, or will do for a few days since the game is free but they need to fix the PvP and the zerg-aoe-spam-fest that is the WvWvW at the moment, same with the Spvp, more maps without new mechanics, is still the same bored and casual PvP.  
  Methos12

Advanced Member

Its better to be quiet and perceived as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

12/03/12 5:03:44 AM#29
I'm actually dying to see what they have in store for their first expansion if they're handing out so much in these free monthly updates.

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
Magic without Technology is fantasy.
Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.

IPolygon

Novice Member

12/03/12 5:18:04 AM#30
Hoping for a reduction in grind to actually go in line with their zero grind philosophy (see reddit ama), less gated content, no additional VP, major bugfixing and gvg content in either wvw or spvp. Also, give me ladders, leaderboards, spectator, matchmaking for spvp. New modes/maps for spvp and wvw, which strategists (in spvp) can embrace would also be nice.

Don't make existing pve content redundant, scale players accordingly to make all pve content relevant, give comparable rewards across all regions and also scale gear down. Follow your own rule of making everything endgame. Add more dungeons like UW, FoW and DoA and add more diverse armor to light and medium. Add more maps to wvw and heavily reduce loading screens in all areas of the game. For the future, make the world seamless.
  Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

12/03/12 5:49:34 AM#31
Originally posted by IPolygon
Hoping for a reduction in grind to actually go in line with their zero grind philosophy (see reddit ama), less gated content, no additional VP, major bugfixing and gvg content in either wvw or spvp. Also, give me ladders, leaderboards, spectator, matchmaking for spvp. New modes/maps for spvp and wvw, which strategists (in spvp) can embrace would also be nice.

Don't make existing pve content redundant, scale players accordingly to make all pve content relevant, give comparable rewards across all regions and also scale gear down. Follow your own rule of making everything endgame. Add more dungeons like UW, FoW and DoA and add more diverse armor to light and medium. Add more maps to wvw and heavily reduce loading screens in all areas of the game. For the future, make the world seamless.

If long loading times annoy you, investing in a SSD will help.

Considering the way DE are set up and that sometimes DEs get stuck, the way overflow servers are set and the fact this game has a heavy physics engine compared to old MMORPGs (the game track all the projectiles and they interact with the vegetation as do players), I don't see a seamless world happening any time soon.

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

12/03/12 7:15:13 AM#32
Originally posted by Volgore

Sounds good, but i guess alot of players would prefer them to fix their basic game in first place.

The state of many mechanics, systems and classes is still embarrasing, while ANet's communication (or shall i say "attitude") is just unprofessional.

Got my money's worth though, but no amount of content is going to bring me back as long as they don't get their basic game together.

I think you overstate the problems. Nothing you mentioned is "game breaking". Look at any of the other mmos that have been out for 5 years or more and they still are balancing classes. 

Ts not only ballancing, but many skills and traist have been bugged since BWE 1, they really needto pull their act together and startballancing for PvE and WvWvW instead of sPvP.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

12/03/12 7:23:53 AM#33

I do agree, the trinity has no place in GW2, if everyone only would understand the new combat system... And use their controll and support skills when needed, and on top of that get situational awareness, they would see that in GW2, the power of a good group is much more then the sum of the individuals

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

botrytis

Elite Member

12/03/12 7:39:53 AM#34
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I do agree, the trinity has no place in GW2, if everyone only would understand the new combat system... And use their controll and support skills when needed, and on top of that get situational awareness, they would see that in GW2, the power of a good group is much more then the sum of the individuals

People just want to mash the keys and not worry about anything else. Why should I heal, I am DPS........ Those are the issues.

It is nice to see they are planning for the future. I think the bugs they have right now are tricky and without a fine touch in fixing, could very well impact the game in a major way. I am happy they are not just slapping fixes out ehich break other things.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

xposeidon

Novice Member

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

12/03/12 7:54:11 AM#35
I think by now we should all realize that this game will dish out more content than it will fix old one.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

User Deleted
12/03/12 8:57:03 AM#36

Even bigger content patches in Jan. and Feb.? And World vs World extensions in Feb. too?

For free?

And people still complain?

Thanks a lot for the link, that was really a good read, which reinforced my trust in the game.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

12/03/12 9:18:17 AM#37
Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Even bigger content patches in Jan. and Feb.? And World vs World extensions in Feb. too?

For free?

And people still complain?

Thanks a lot for the link, that was really a good read, which reinforced my trust in the game.

Same here. I know quite a few people that have been waiting for info on future WvW updates. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

sudo

Apprentice Member

12/03/12 9:25:17 AM#38

I don't want to see any new content from Anet until my class is fixed (ranger). Nor am I going back to the game until they do what they promised to do, which is fixing it.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

mayito7777

Hard Core Member

12/03/12 9:33:41 AM#39
Originally posted by sudo

I don't want to see any new content from Anet until my class is fixed (ranger). Nor am I going back to the game until they do what they promised to do, which is fixing it.

Right on, I have a Ranger and feel the pain. Also they need to fix the NERF they have placed in the game since the November update, forcing players to do one dungeon time and time again is not the way to go. The lack of communication in the official foruma nd the lack of an answer is staggering. I personally have sent several e-mails to the different outlets of A-NET and have got no answer.

Today I am going to write to the HQ of A-NET to see if anyone there care about the players.

Zeus.CM

Advanced Member

www.croatian-maniacs.com

OP  12/03/12 9:39:22 AM#40
Originally posted by mayito7777
Originally posted by sudo

Right on, I have a Ranger and feel the pain. Also they need to fix the NERF they have placed in the game since the November update, forcing players to do one dungeon time and time again is not the way to go. The lack of communication in the official foruma nd the lack of an answer is staggering. I personally have sent several e-mails to the different outlets of A-NET and have got no answer.

Today I am going to write to the HQ of A-NET to see if anyone there care about the players.

I suggest you wait this month's big update (Wintersday) and see if they fix some of your concerns. If not, do what you must.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search