Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,938 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,910
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » New dungeon will give us stronger armour

16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
314 posts found
  QSatu

Apprentice Member

OP  11/12/12 8:18:38 AM#1

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/12/guild-wars-2s-lost-shores-content-primer/#continued

"Fractals of the Mists

ArenaNet's Colin Johanson briefly introduced the brand-new dungeon as one that gets more challenging the farther in you go. Conventional wisdom would suggest that that's nearly always the case, but Johanson left out a key detail: In the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, you can go indefinitely farther in.

The Fractals of the Mists is made up of nine mini-dungeons, each with its own story and environment. A party of five will enter the dungeon and be faced with a random set of three of these dungeons at a time. Upon completing those three, the party will be transported to a hub to rest, repair, and merch -- and the difficulty scale for the dungeon will be raised. Every time the difficulty scale is at an even number, players will face a special boss encounter.

With great challenges come great rewards. The patch will introduce ascended items. Ascended armors are "slightly more powerful than exotics" and can, in some cases, hold slots for infusions. Infusions will allow you to increase your character's power. Guild Wars players are familiar with infusing armor, although I'll be my hat that the process doesn't involve creepy Seers this time 'round."

I'm very surpriced tbh o_O

muffins89

Novice Member

11/12/12 8:23:39 AM#2
yeah sounds like they caved.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

11/12/12 8:29:13 AM#3
Infusion in GW1 was awesome, you can really customize your armour how you want. It's almost like mini-traits.

Entioch

Novice Member

11/12/12 8:30:38 AM#4
good, armor equality belongs in pvp and spvp, not pve :P
  killion81

Elite Member

11/12/12 8:30:56 AM#5
Does that mean that this new addition is endgame and that the whole rest of the game isn't endgame?  I seem to remember "the whole game is endgame" being thrown around quite a bit.
  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

11/12/12 8:31:55 AM#6

There are already three tiers of armor in GW2 this is tier 4.

Looks like end game is shaping up to go vertical ;)

So now everyone will need to grind these dungeons to get top tier armor. lol!!

bcbully

Elite Member

11/12/12 8:33:19 AM#7
Gg. Let the "gear grind" begin muhahahhh lmao.
  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

11/12/12 8:35:44 AM#8

I had to read it again because i couldn't believe my eyes.

Jesus lol!!

Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

11/12/12 8:36:00 AM#9
Originally posted by Entioch
good, armor equality belongs in pvp and spvp, not pve :P

I agree with this.  However, some GW2 fans don't want anything better.  We better put some security on bridges as this is sure to make the cosmetics rule crowd very upset.

deakon

Novice Member

11/12/12 8:36:23 AM#10
Originally posted by bcbully

Its better to have gear to grind for than just having the grind

Now if they could just add some progression to leveling beyond 40 the game might actually manage to keep my interest beyond a couple of hours a month (if that)

QSatu

Apprentice Member

OP  11/12/12 8:37:18 AM#11
The truth is there always was some vertical progression. you got green>yellow>exotic. But since getting exotics is so incredibly easy (ok it might cost you a little bit of gold) no one was thinking about it as vertical progression. I wonder what exactly infused armour will do. In GW1 it allowed us to fight a specific enemy (mursat), will it allow us to fight this new enemies?
  InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

11/12/12 8:37:36 AM#12
Originally posted by Whitebeards

You don't have to grind for the gear.

Whitebeards

Advanced Member

11/12/12 8:39:53 AM#13
Originally posted by InFlamestwo

You don't have to grind gear in any MMO. And yet GW2 fans make it sound that dungeon grind is compulsory in other MMOS.

Sorry but i am enjoying the sweet irony here. Do not disturb ;)

bcbully

Elite Member

11/12/12 8:40:28 AM#14
Inb4- the increase is not that much Hahahahahh
  botrytis

Advanced Member

11/12/12 8:41:59 AM#15
Originally posted by deakon
Originally posted by bcbully

Its better to have gear to grind for than just having the grind

Now if they could just add some progression to leveling beyond 40 the game might actually manage to keep my interest beyond a couple of hours a month (if that)

Sorry - now GW2 is just like EVERY other game out there. They caved to the hardcore whiners and not worrying about the casual player. That is sad.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

botrytis

Advanced Member

11/12/12 8:43:11 AM#16

You don't have to grind gear in any MMO. And yet GW2 fans make it sound that dungeon grind is compulsory in other MMOS.

I Rift, which I have played, YES you have to grind to get end game or you really can't play, So the grind IS compulosry.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Scalpless

Hard Core Member

11/12/12 8:43:49 AM#17

So, it's an infinite arena-style dungeon? Sounds alright. I'm a bit wary of the new armor quality, but it could be done well.

I wonder if those items (and infusions) will make their way into sPvP, too.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

11/12/12 8:45:51 AM#18

Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by deakon

Originally posted by bcbully Gg. Let the "gear grind" begin muhahahhh lmao.
Its better to have gear to grind for than just having the grind   Now if they could just add some progression to leveling beyond 40 the game might actually manage to keep my interest beyond a couple of hours a month (if that)
Sorry - now GW2 is just like EVERY other game out there. They caved to the hardcore whiners and not worrying about the casual player. That is sad.

It's not even that, Its logical sense in an rpg to have continual character progression.

Striving for statistical parity is nonsense in a rpg, May as well play a shooter.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Whitebeards

Advanced Member

11/12/12 8:46:25 AM#19
Originally posted by botrytis

I Rift, which I have played, YES you have to grind to get end game or you really can't play, So the grind IS compulosry.

End game is not just dungeon grind. That is your own problem if that is the only thing you saw in rift. I haven't entered one dungeon in Rift and still lasted for 6 months in that game.

Anyways, topic is about GW2, and better armor is better. Ascended gear gives advantage our exotics. ..by doign that Anet took the word 'optional grind' out of equation.

Z3R01

Novice Member

MMO gamer since 1997

11/12/12 8:48:04 AM#20

I always wanted a random dungeon like that in MMOs that I played.

A dungeon with 9 variations but you only get 3 when you zone in? thats a lot of replay value.

I dont know how I feel about the powerful gear but i hope more open world, crafting and pvp items are introduced that are equal in power for those that don't like dungeons.

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search