Trending Games | Wizard101 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,281 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,803
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » AC Exploreable Modes,,, OUCH

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
49 posts found
  Ratero

Hard Core Member

10/06/12 9:29:37 PM#41

I went on 2 AC explorable runs and after that I refuse to enter any other dungeon.  I had such an nasty time with those lizard mounds it just turned me away from even attempting anything else.  I have not even done any of the story lines of my 2 level 80's or my baby Mezmer (only level 32 I think) and I don't intend to do them either.  I will stick to map completions and exploring the world.  I have heard that AC was pretty rough in explorable and the other dungeons are not as bad but I have lost all interest in dungeons after my experience in AC.

Ratero.

aesperus

Hard Core Member

10/06/12 9:53:41 PM#42
Originally posted by Rhonen

I went on 2 AC explorable runs and after that I refuse to enter any other dungeon.  I had such an nasty time with those lizard mounds it just turned me away from even attempting anything else.  I have not even done any of the story lines of my 2 level 80's or my baby Mezmer (only level 32 I think) and I don't intend to do them either.  I will stick to map completions and exploring the world.  I have heard that AC was pretty rough in explorable and the other dungeons are not as bad but I have lost all interest in dungeons after my experience in AC.

Ratero.

Posts like this are the reason why people like myself are so adamant about these dungeons.

The first time really is the hardest, and learning from that initial attempt really does make these dungeons a whole lot easier. They do challenge you, but they also get much easier the more you do them. Too many people are rage quitting at their first taste of challenging content, instead of trying to become better players & learn how to handle the encounters better.

Here's a video that kinda explains it better:

Wooden Potatoes - Explorable Guide Entry

It's a shame so many people quit at the first sign of challenge, because it really is much more rewarding to actually earn your victories, and I'd love to see more people PUGing these, as opposed to complaining about the difficulty in /map.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  10/06/12 10:27:13 PM#43
Originally posted by aesperus
Originally posted by Rhonen

Ratero.

Posts like this are the reason why people like myself are so adamant about these dungeons.

The first time really is the hardest, and learning from that initial attempt really does make these dungeons a whole lot easier. They do challenge you, but they also get much easier the more you do them. Too many people are rage quitting at their first taste of challenging content, instead of trying to become better players & learn how to handle the encounters better.

It's a shame so many people quit at the first sign of challenge, because it really is much more rewarding to actually earn your victories, and I'd love to see more people PUGing these, as opposed to complaining about the difficulty in /map.

actually a good video showing how hard that AC explorable is.. that's the exact one we did and kholer was the one who destroyed us but as you can see even with a well organized group he still wipes them and they discuss how much skill it really takes to finish these dungeons.. I'm happy the dungeons are a challenge just find it odd how many keep insisting these are extremely easy

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

aesperus

Hard Core Member

10/06/12 11:02:44 PM#44
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by aesperus

actually a good video showing how hard that AC explorable is.. that's the exact one we did and kholer was the one who destroyed us but as you can see even with a well organized group he still wipes them and they discuss how much skill it really takes to finish these dungeons.. I'm happy the dungeons are a challenge just find it odd how many keep insisting these are extremely easy

Aye, but as they explain in the video, most of the challenge comes from them trying to figure out how to handle the encounters.

He even explains the point of the video is to show 'how hard these dungeons can be if unprepared for them, but also how easy they can become if you take the time to learn the mechanics'. They even repeatedly say for the encounters 'it's really not that difficult once you figure it out', which is kinda the point we've been trying to make the whole time.

Yes, the first encounter is tough. However, by taking the time to learn the encounters the dungeons get pretty easy. I'd highly suggest watching the rest of the videos for that part of the series. It does a good job of explaining what many players have trouble with in the first video (the one linked above), and then they go into individual paths in the other 3 and do a good job of explaining why people have trouble, and how easy the encounters can become with a few simple tricks / tactics.

- Also, to keep in mind, Wooden Potatoes isn't a top tier player. They aren't a super organized guild. What he's known for is basically lore. He mostly focuses on talking about the story & lore behind the GW2 world. He even admits this in some of his videos. He's certaintly not a bad player, but what you're seeing is actually far from what some of the better guilds / players in the game are capable of. In short, what you see in the videos are easily obtainable. They are fairly average players who took the time to figure the challenges out, rather than just assume they're too difficult and writing them off as 'not worth it'.

GolbezTheLion

Novice Member

10/06/12 11:20:24 PM#45
Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Hmm think they both have areas where they shine better. Guardian has more aoe heals +  aoe blocks I think. Has AOE Cond remover. On boons don't know who has more. CC is moderate I'd say and no weakness.

Oh I agree, they each have there respective areas where they outperform the other.

I'm just extremely biased towards Warriors, as I am usually the Warrior filling the aforementioned defensive role lol.

User Deleted
10/06/12 11:41:24 PM#46
I've noticed the people who claim these are easy are all level 80's in exotics...yeah it makes a difference, slight one but a difference none the less. more health and toughness for one.
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  10/06/12 11:48:49 PM#47
Originally posted by itgrowls
I've noticed the people who claim these are easy are all level 80's in exotics...yeah it makes a difference, slight one but a difference none the less. more health and toughness for one.

and usually grouped up with their friends and not just some random people you found sitting around.. to me that's the biggest thing with these dungeons.. I'm sure they are perfectly easy for a well organized group of players who all know what they are doing.. but for many of us who don't have that and do many of our dungeon runs in random PUGs it can get ugly fast... in other games unless one of your teammates had no clue how to play his role dungeons were pretty straight foward.. but these there is a decent level of unpredictability and numerous was to insta-down you that happens and yes you can have strategies and best ways to complete this and that but much is very twitch based and how well you can dodge certain attacks making it much less room for error than most other games dungeons I have played over the years.. I enjoy them though............. so far:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

aesperus

Hard Core Member

10/07/12 12:53:31 AM#48
Originally posted by itgrowls

Definitely helps, but not as much as many people seem to think. Most of the time running dungeons as 80 is more for the loot than anything else (rewards get scaled to your lvl). I've got 3 main characters that I play atm. An 80 necro, a 65 warrior, and a 35 elementalist. I PUG explorables on all 3. Ele is the hardest to run w/, but it has more to do w/ the nature of the class than anything else. Ele's have the lowest HP pool and survivability out of those 3 classes.

Honestly, people that focus too much on gear as a req. for these dungeons are usually a tell of being inexperienced on how the dungeons actually work. Gear can be a crutch, but it's far from a necessity. You can clear these in blues if you really wanted to. Good play and smart skill choices go a lot further towards staying alive & clearing a dungeon, than having better gear or a higher lvl. Being 80 doesn't mean crap if you never learned what your skills are capable of. I've seen quite a few 80s that still haven't grasped how to properly use their skills / traits.

I've seen skilled lvl 40s outlive geared lvl 80s and visa versa. It really depends on the player more than anything else.

Ratero

Hard Core Member

10/07/12 7:13:23 AM#49

Thanks for the responses... However, I'll pass on watching any of the videos.  Like I said I'll not step one foot into another GW2 dungeon.  As I understand it, there is nothing in there really I could use anyway except for new skins on weapons and gear and while that would be nice I can do without them and I don't have to get frustrated by doing that content.

I will stick to the PvE content in the world and let you all have all the dungeon fun you can stand.  I for one got tired of dieing every 5 seconds to those lizards and the repair bill that went along with it.

Have fun the way you want to have fun and I'll do the same.  :)

Ratero.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search