Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,971 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,709
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » GW2 adds another NA server

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
113 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  10/05/12 11:03:39 PM#1

SO much for the Doom Talk from the Xfire fringe.  Anet adds another NA server today "Caullie's Crossing" and we all know that a company adds servers to a dwindling population base right

[mod note - reduced image size to fit curent forum]

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

10/05/12 11:17:54 PM#2
Sanctum of Rall still thriving every night i play so no complaints on population here.. guess loads are high if they added another server. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

XeoMatrix00

Novice Member

10/05/12 11:21:42 PM#3
True bro completely agree, nice pic too most servers at high. :P
  Reizla

Hard Core Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

10/05/12 11:25:31 PM#4
Originally posted by Zylaxx

SO much for the Doom Talk from the Xfire fringe.  Anet adds another NA server today "Caullie's Crossing" and we all know that a company adds servers to a dwindling population base right

Where are the other 2 new servers? If one is added, 2 more have to be added for WvWvW

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog
I am Blog ~ Free blogging service

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX660 SLI
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

ABRaquel

Tipster

The air feels damp and oppressive, like a wet nun.

10/05/12 11:28:26 PM#5
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Sanctum of Rall still thriving every night i play so no complaints on population here.. guess loads are high if they added another server. 

I'm also on SoR, my only complaint really is the long queues for WvW, last night I waited for over an hour before I gave up.

bcbully

Elite Member

10/05/12 11:33:03 PM#6

TSW added a server too >.>

User Deleted

OP  10/05/12 11:38:02 PM#7
Originally posted by bcbully

Grats to them, I will recheck TSW next summer when they have alot of content under their belt (well content for all types of players and not just the kind devoted to the upper 10% of the playerbase i.e. gear grinding)  Hopefully by then there should be a ton of new quests and alternate slot 8 weapons to aquire. (and hopefully some new skills)

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

10/05/12 11:42:35 PM#8

Not to be the doombringer, but adding servers doesn't really mean much of anything. Its very easy to add a server in to create a false sense of security with the game. Most likely, the extra server was an overflow server that isn't needed anymore.

Though the poster above brings up a good point regarding the fact that if there is a new server, what would be the other 2 so its a 1v1v1 in wvw?

Clawzon

Apprentice Member

10/05/12 11:42:52 PM#9

How many servers are there now anyway?

:)

XeoMatrix00

Novice Member

10/05/12 11:52:01 PM#10

Looks like was a bug or something i dont see the server in my list for America. Can someone check and post the info here. :)

BTW i count 24 servers for America right now. 

JackFrosty

Novice Member

10/05/12 11:55:39 PM#11

Opening a new server one month after launch doesn't mean anything.

How many that are still playing in 3 does.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Clawzon

Apprentice Member

10/05/12 11:56:01 PM#12
Originally posted by XeoMatrix00

Looks like was a bug or something i dont see the server in my list for America. Can someone check and post the info here. :)

BTW i count 24 servers for America right now. 

So 24 FULL servers, impressive...

:)

XeoMatrix00

Novice Member

10/05/12 11:58:21 PM#13
Originally posted by JackFrosty

Opening a new server one month after launch doesn't mean anything.

How many that are still playing in 3 does.

Guess someone here is blind didnt see the status of the servers :P

Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

10/06/12 12:06:46 AM#14

Cool, what's the name?  I'm glad they're recovering from their horrid launch sales and adding players.  That brings them to 6 servers for NA/EU for English and a german and french server too!

XeoMatrix00

Novice Member

10/06/12 12:16:08 AM#15
Originally posted by Torvaldr

Cool, what's the name?  I'm glad they're recovering from their horrid launch sales and adding players.  That brings them to 6 servers for NA/EU for English and a german and french server too!

I been looking for a mmo with a sub to switch around with gw2 (one of the benefits of a no sub game.) 

Hows TSW so far any dislkes and likes ?

Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

10/06/12 12:24:27 AM#16

I been looking for a mmo with a sub to switch around with gw2 (one of the benefits of a no sub game.) 

Dunno.  I think it's over-priced, but it looks interesting.  I'm not paying subs anymore, but if I was going to keep playing a sub game it would probably be RIFT.  It just depends on what you like though.

I like the designer of TSW, Ragnar Tornquist.  He is the creator of the Longest Journey series and is a great story-teller.

You can do a 3 day trial.  Check their homepage.  If you complete 30 missions then they reward you with another 2 free days.  I wish the game was B2P.

XeoMatrix00

Novice Member

10/06/12 12:35:54 AM#17

Dunno.  I think it's over-priced, but it looks interesting.  I'm not paying subs anymore, but if I was going to keep playing a sub game it would probably be RIFT.  It just depends on what you like though.

I like the designer of TSW, Ragnar Tornquist.  He is the creator of the Longest Journey series and is a great story-teller.

You can do a 3 day trial.  Check their homepage.  If you complete 30 missions then they reward you with another 2 free days.  I wish the game was B2P.

I will check that out. Thanks

Jockan

Hard Core Member

10/06/12 12:36:16 AM#18
They added another server to a game that did not need one. Nice

XeoMatrix00

Novice Member

10/06/12 12:40:52 AM#19
Originally posted by Mannish
They added another server to a game that did not need one. Nice

Considering the queues and the status of most servers i think was a good idea

Daddydazzle

Novice Member

10/06/12 12:42:31 AM#20
Originally posted by Aerowyn

Sanctum of Rall is where i play as well. place is packed everywhere i go. it wasn't even as full as some of the other "higher" pop servers i saw.

Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search