Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,787,662 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,374
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » Warrior » Downed state #3 skill makes no sense (Warrior).

14 posts found
  STDB

Novice Member

OP  9/06/12 9:47:29 AM#1

(Sorry for my bad English). I haven't been downed with my Warrior in forever, I think only twice during my 65 lvls and it was a while ago, and I don't know if this is a bug, but the #3 skill (Vengeance or something) makes no sense to me. It gives me 10-15 (?) seconds to come back from downed state and fight normally. That's all nice, but I noticed when my time is up I die even if I kill the mob! It happened both times I was downed, came back, killed the mob and when my time was up I was dead and had to go to a waypoint. :( It makes no sense to me. It's the crappiest #3 skill imo. Is / was this a bug? I haven't died in a week or so, I don't know if it still works like that, I just try my best not to die at all.

stayBlind

Novice Member

9/06/12 9:50:09 AM#2

You can trait it to rally you when you kill something.

Obviously it is not as good when it is not traited, but it can still turn the tide of fights. If you go down in a fight and your team has almost won the fight you can come back and help them finish it, and then your friends can res you after. It shines more in PvP though untraited, as you can coem back and perhaps take down the person who killed you before you go down again.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

STDB

Novice Member

OP  9/06/12 10:02:07 AM#3
Hmm, I didn't know about the trait. Sadly, I know which traits I want and that one is not among them... I can't give up my plans, I love my build. :( I don't PvP much, I was killing a veteran alone when I died and it only had like 5% HP left, I came back, killed it, then I died after that... We should at least go back to downed state and heal with #4 but no, I was dead. But oh well, at least it's not a bug and I rarely die anyway...
  Fadedbomb

Spotlight Poster

9/06/12 10:05:43 AM#4

I mainly play PvP / WvWvW with my Warrior so I've never seen the ability to "Trait" the #3 downed state to anything so it most likely is PvE only.

If it were PvP able my warrior would never technically "die" as when he goes down in PvP it's normally a 1v4 happening. So If I could trait it to rally me away from death by taking someone down i'd constantly be taking full groups without issue as long as I concentrate on the same person.

;)

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

9/06/12 10:06:49 AM#5
Probably a bug. I had the same issue a few times, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Fdzzaigl

Hard Core Member

9/06/12 10:07:56 AM#6

It's one of the most annoying downed state skills in PvP and hugely powerful when traited.

Everything has it's disadvantages and advantages.

Fadedbomb

Spotlight Poster

9/06/12 10:08:49 AM#7
Originally posted by InFlamestwo
Probably a bug. I had the same issue a few times, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

No, it isn't a bug. It is intentionally supposed to kill you after your time runs out.

It's meant as a "Last Ditch" thing to take down your enemy so your allies don't have to deal with them.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

timeraider

Advanced Member

9/06/12 10:09:48 AM#8
Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I mainly play PvP / WvWvW with my Warrior so I've never seen the ability to "Trait" the #3 downed state to anything so it most likely is PvE only.

If it were PvP able my warrior would never technically "die" as when he goes down in PvP it's normally a 1v4 happening. So If I could trait it to rally me away from death by taking someone down i'd constantly be taking full groups without issue as long as I concentrate on the same person.

;)

Not done enough PvP then.. cause the trait exsists and is used. Its lets you rally whenever you use Vengeance and kill someone.

And killing is not taking down.. killing is killing

DO YOU WANT 4K CREDITS FOR WARHAMMER ETERNAL CRUSADE?
Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade Referal link: EC-TPLE9H9OPVXV4

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-TPLE9H9OPVXV4

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

9/06/12 10:10:10 AM#9
Originally posted by InFlamestwo

As far as I know it's working as intended. 

"Rally and fight normally for a brief time. When the rally ends, you are defeated."

yaoming36

Novice Member

9/06/12 10:12:13 AM#10

How the downskill #3 for warrior works is like this:

You go downed and when you press that #3 you come back to life for a short time.

This is useful for a number of reasons, you can run away from boss so your allies can revive you easier.

Now say you don't have this skill traited then there is a big chance that you will be defeated after this timer runs out, although I've had times when I didn't have this skill traited but I still managed to "stay alive". I think this case only works if/when you defeat all monsters attacking you.

Of course if you trait it there is a 100% chance to "staying alive" so long as you defeat your opponent.

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

9/06/12 10:32:36 AM#11

Why does it not make sense? You have the option of possibly defeating a mob, thereby completing a skill challenge or an event. Even if you're defeated after that, why would it not make sense?

It's an option, it's not llike you have to use it. It's not a free rally as long as you kill the mob.

STDB

Novice Member

OP  9/06/12 12:00:40 PM#12
The only reason why I think it makes no sense is because I die even if I kill the mob. Yes, it's still useful in some situations, but I'd prefer downed state instead of death (without the trait). But I rarely die, so I don't really care. I was just wondering if it's bugged and / or how it works. Thanks for explaining it!
  stayBlind

Novice Member

9/06/12 12:03:12 PM#13
Originally posted by STDB
The only reason why I think it makes no sense is because I die even if I kill the mob. Yes, it's still useful in some situations, but I'd prefer downed state instead of death (without the trait). But I rarely die, so I don't really care. I was just wondering if it's bugged and / or how it works. Thanks for explaining it!

Hehe, but then you could indefinetly get up from downed state! 

The trait was actually built into the skill during the stress test I played; I'm assuming they removed it because it is quite powerful.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

heavy3p0

Novice Member

9/06/12 12:24:07 PM#14
It makes plenty of sense. That 10-15 seconds might be all you need to help your team cap the point, or at least get revenge.