Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,052 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,217
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » Mesmer » Mess Necro and Ele Slot One - I just started help me understand please

9 posts found
  Kryziz

Apprentice Member

MMO's are okay, just don't let them run your life.

OP  8/28/12 8:08:42 PM#1

In slot one It appears I have ether bolt, ether blast and ether cone for my mess. How come you don't get this type of rotation with elementals or necros...

Can I also allow it to just spam one of those and not all three they seem to rotate?

just1opinion

Smart-Alek

8/28/12 8:19:17 PM#2

I'm sorry but I don't really understand your post.  Is it an ele or a necro you're talking about?  It sounds like you're actually talking about a third class which you don't list, and that you're upset with ele and necro first slot spells lacking a rotation factor.  Am I understanding you?  If so....what class are you playing that HAS the rotation factor?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Kryziz

Apprentice Member

OP  8/28/12 9:33:19 PM#3
Originally posted by just1opinion

I'm sorry but I don't really understand your post.  Is it an ele or a necro you're talking about?  It sounds like you're actually talking about a third class which you don't list, and that you're upset with ele and necro first slot spells lacking a rotation factor.  Am I understanding you?  If so....what class are you playing that HAS the rotation factor?

Sorry was typing while playing. I have a mesmer. I son't understand the attack in slot 1 it almost looks like 3 attacks are rotating.

zevni78

Elite Member

8/28/12 9:37:16 PM#4

I imagine that is what is happening, my ranger when using 1 handed sword has 3 different attacks that chain automatically as the first skill, and the 3rd hotbar skill goes from a jump back to a jump towards atk after the first is used and you press 3 again. There are no boring filler skills. The first skill is often an auto attack for certain wepons, they just make it several different attack types both visualy and for the icon on the hotbar.

sajah

Apprentice Member

8/28/12 9:38:32 PM#5
It's because it's a chain skill. Chain skills are 3 part skills, some weapons have them, some don't. The elementalist doesn't have any chain (because of the 4 element switchs), the necro has 2 (scepter and dagger), the mesmer has also 2 (sword and scepter).
  Thornz2000

Apprentice Member

8/28/12 9:39:10 PM#6

Some rotate and others you select using CTRL+Mouse2.

My engineer turret I can have it auto ot rifle. It does not rotate, I have to pick.

The one you pick will have a outline around what you are picking to use for attack.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
Look up Agenda 21 as well.

Kryziz

Apprentice Member

OP  8/29/12 8:52:51 AM#7
During the rotation, are you able to select one of the other skills, or does the chain just happen? I noticed when I click h i only see one of the chain skills listed in my weapon skill area?
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

8/29/12 4:55:33 PM#8
Originally posted by Kryziz
During the rotation, are you able to select one of the other skills, or does the chain just happen? I noticed when I click h i only see one of the chain skills listed in my weapon skill area?

There are two types of rotating skills: automatic and manual.

The Mesmer 1 attack with scepter which has 3 rotating skills is automatic, at least when you have auto-attack, which is the default setting.

Other skills are manual. Like, the Mesmer has a spell, which "blocks": your char goes into block for a certain time, during that time the block icon changes into another, and you can either wait for you to be attacked during the block and block, OR you can press the button again, and the 2nd skill is unleashed. It's a bit tricky, took me a while to understand too.

Since by default the attack 1 is always auto attack (and should remain so IMO), the attack 1 is always rotating and doing the effects over and over.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

just1opinion

Smart-Alek

8/30/12 8:07:24 AM#9

With an axe and sword equipped my ranger has a chain attack in the first slot.  I don't think there's any way to change the chain attack other than equipping a different weapon.  I don't believe you can only make part of the chain work and not the other parts.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club