Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,445 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,395
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » My honest opinion

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
82 posts found
  alkrmr

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:28:35 PM#41
Originally posted by Lucrecia

I think previous poster said it best:  You don't want a beta, you want a trial and you will just have to wait. 

very true, and since there is no release date im sure you have plenty of time to get that chance

Purgatus

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:29:37 PM#42
Originally posted by mayito7777

Whatever, many of you are living at the expenses of your mommy and daddy CC, so whatever, enjoy the game. For me I am not paying for  the game until i can test it first.

So:

People that pre-ordered the game = Partents bought it?

Aulliwyn

Novice Member

It is pronounced "All-ee-Win!"

5/08/12 12:29:43 PM#43

Whatever, many of you are living at the expenses of your mommy and daddy CC, so whatever, enjoy the game. For me I am not paying for  the game until i can test it first.

Whooooaaa....Talk about inaccurate judgements.  Individual making claims of how critic of OP have came accross their money and yet OP clearly wants something for free (like how we, as young kids, got stuff for free form our parents [food/cloths/shelter])....

Wow...get your logic in check sir...I think it might be broken.

I also laughed when I saw OP's  age (or at least the age he wrote in) in their profile.....

I was not expecting that....goes to show age and wisdom does not go hand in hand.

kanezfan

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:30:04 PM#44

I can't write what I really want to write as a reply because I keep getting warnings when I do so uuhhhh...

I'm sorry you are sad and that you feel like Anet is treating you badly :(

I... you... OK I'm going to hit "post message" now so I don't get another warning.

Purgatus

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:31:59 PM#45
Originally posted by kanezfan

I can't write what I really want to write as a reply because I keep getting warnings when I do so uuhhhh...

I'm sorry you are sad and that you feel like Anet is treating you badly :(

I... you... OK I'm going to hit "post message" now so I don't get another warning.

^ I feel you

Cause a thread called "My Honest Opinion" could not be trolling. And I'm the one who keeps getting warnings......I swear.....

alkrmr

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:32:23 PM#46

many of us also are adults and have these things called "jobs"

ElderRat

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:33:27 PM#47
Originally posted by Sp1dersbane

A rather disapointing thread. I came here hoping to read an indepth discussion about personal experiances on the BWE and an itemized recount of all the good and bad points of the game.

I almost felt there could have been an attached video, or maybe some screenshots.

I feel like I just bought a bag of tangy cheese dorrito's with only a single slice of lightly salted at the bottom. :(

this is how I feel also.  I would never pre-purchase a game anymore regardless on how much I want to play it, however, since they did attach the bwe to the pre-purchase complaining that you didn't get in even though you did not pre-purchase is kind of pointless.   Perhaps if they want to test the load on their servers you will get in, however, given the hype and total tonnage of fans of this game I doubt it. Nuff said.

PS  I was hoping to see some non-biased reasons to either buy or stay away from this game, silly me.

Currently bored with MMO's.

lilHeala

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:33:59 PM#48

I yhink GW2 is a big Bunch of BS. I signed for Beta I got nothing, no invite, now they pre-order so the only people allowed to beta are those who pre-ordered, what happened to the rest of us that didnt pre-ordered? What about this Big BS about people that can only play few hours a week and they are been discriminated by Arena about buying stuff in the CS.

I contacted ARENA about this issue and the response was NONE, basically was like STFU you didnt pre-ordered so your opinion is BS, if this is the way ARENA is going to operate a lot of players are going to be very disappointed.

2 people I know in RL (1 a colleague and 1 a friend) didn't pre-order and they received an invite for the previous BWE. Aslso there were a lot of key giveaways by fansites in the preceeding weeks, so I call BS on your post, not on GW2.

I don't get what you're trying to say about buying in the CS, what does that have to do with the amount of time one can spent in-game?

SoulOfRaziel

Apprentice Member

5/08/12 12:34:35 PM#49

I yhink GW2 is a big Bunch of BS. I signed for Beta I got nothing, no invite, now they pre-order so the only people allowed to beta are those who pre-ordered, what happened to the rest of us that didnt pre-ordered? What about this Big BS about people that can only play few hours a week and they are been discriminated by Arena about buying stuff in the CS.

I contacted ARENA about this issue and the response was NONE, basically was like STFU you didnt pre-ordered so your opinion is BS, if this is the way ARENA is going to operate a lot of players are going to be very disappointed.

Man its not because u signed for Beta that u will for sure be called to participate.... come on....

Xzen

Novice Member

A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.
- Seneca

5/08/12 12:35:23 PM#50

No need for the attacks. As I said you are looking for a free trial of the game to try it out first and that's understandable and you will likely get to have a free trial eventually. This is a beta. If you were trying to get into it just to try out the game without any intention of beta testing it then it's actually a good thing that you didn't get in.

SoulOfRaziel

Apprentice Member

5/08/12 12:36:37 PM#51

Man u shouldnt talk about things that u just dont know.

kanezfan

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:38:27 PM#52

You can't be serious. I mean I just don't believe you are serious at all with this thread at this point.

Muntz

Advanced Member

5/08/12 12:38:35 PM#53

You do realize that the beta test is for ArenaNet and not for the customers to try it out, right? Don't get me wrong beta testing has grown beyond just this simple begining into trial, marketing and sales. But at it's core you are suppose to be tesing the game.  

What you want is a free trial. I think to get a more accurate assessment you want a finished game trial, not one in beta. The money means alot too you so you are surely doing as much research as possilbe now and waiting for a free trial offer when the game is released. After all, would you ask to try a pair of shoes that were not on the market yet but being developed before you buy them? 

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

5/08/12 12:40:27 PM#54

Little FYI Sparky. I bought the CE at about $150.00.  From an entertainment perspective, this will easily be my best gaming investment EVER. You're absolutely right... you want to play this game. Just the beta itself was an amazing experience. I've lost all will to play any other MMO, period, and cancelled the couple remaining subs I had. It's that good.

If only there were some way for you to experience this same degree of awesome I did. If only. Or... you could wait based on some misguided set of principles, your choice. But Oh MAN! What you're missing out on.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Aulliwyn

Novice Member

It is pronounced "All-ee-Win!"

5/08/12 12:41:53 PM#55
Originally posted by Volkon

Little FYI Sparky. I bought the CE at about $150.00.  From an entertainment perspective, this will easily be my best gaming investment EVER. You're absolutely right... you want to play this game. Just the beta itself was an amazing experience. I've lost all will to play any other MMO, period, and cancelled the couple remaining subs I had. It's that good.

If only there were some way for you to experience this same degree of awesome I did. If only. Or... you could wait based on some misguided set of principles, your choice. But Oh MAN! What you're missing out on.

You too!?  /high5 brother :D

orsonstfu

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:44:26 PM#56

I honestly believe that if 60 dollars is a huge investment for you - then you should probably do other things with your time than play video games. I do not mean this in a cruel way, just in a better yourself one.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

5/08/12 12:44:49 PM#57
Originally posted by Lucrecia
Originally posted by Volkon

You too!?  /high5 brother :D

/high5

Funny... first glance I thought you called me a "tool".

Oderint, dum metuant.

Nevulus

Apprentice Member

5/08/12 12:45:21 PM#58

GW2 withdrawal in 4.... 3.... 2.... 

BigHatLogan

Spotlight Poster

5/08/12 12:46:14 PM#59

You can call me all the crybaby you want but this is not a $10 game, at least for people like me that work and have to pay bills I dont want to make an investment in something that at the end I may not like. I just want a chance to beta, I signed for the beta, I was confirmed for the Beta and I didnt get in the beta unless I pay the whole $59 at front.

It is like going to the shoe store to buy a pair of shoes and the vemdor says to you, I got the best shoes in the world for you. They cost $59 but you cant try them you have to buy them AS IS. Sorry that is unprofessional, crooked, deceiving and disrespectful. I play GW, have all the expansions and at least the least they could do was to allow their past customers entrance into the BETA.

Open BETA's aren't free trials.  They are for stress testing.  No one is forcing you to buy a game.  It's perfectly fine to wait for a game to release and offer a free trial.   You didn't pay anything so your situation is hardly crooked.  You just didn't get to stress test a game that you may not like anyway.  Whining on the internet won't help things.  Just wait for a trial, then the game will be more complete anyway.  You aren't entitled to anything unless you pay for it.  A little patience goes a long way.   

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!

I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Purgatus

Novice Member

5/08/12 12:47:23 PM#60
Originally posted by Nevulus

GW2 withdrawal in 4.... 3.... 2.... 

.....what do you know. A steady drip of awesome.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search