Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,678 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,392
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » For Canadians looking to buy from EBGames

1 posts found
  Unlight

Novice Member

OP  4/05/12 12:00:18 PM#1

Just a little warning that these guys seem to be clueless that GW2 is even releasing, let alone that they are the sole retailer in the country that's been authorized to handle it.

I've been in contact with them over the last few days trying to get some information, but without success.  Here is the final response I got from them, just 15 minutes ago:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.ca

Unfortunately at this time we do not have this particular item listed on our website. Since we do not have this item in stock and we do not have any information on products we will be receiving from manufacturers; we would recommend that you keep checking our website as we do update frequently.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Best Regards,
Nicole
GameStop.ca Customer Service

So for me, I'm considering forgoing the full CE in favour of digital, just so I won't have to deal with them.  We're only five days away from pre-purchase going on sale and these guys don't even know about it.  I don't really trust them to be able to get me the actual box on time at release. 

So fair warning, fellow Canucks.  There might be a few bumps on our road to pre-purchase.