Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,264 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,343
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » I fear Guild Wars 2 won't ever get guild halls.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  AzurePrower

Hard Core Member

Ahh yes, "Hypers." The people who praise and hate every MMORPG... We've dismissed that claim.

OP  1/14/14 9:11:12 AM#21

Originally posted by Nadia
Guildhalls are on their someday list

posted a year ago

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/What-happened-to-Guild-Halls/first#post1228182

As we have said in the past, we do plan to have guild halls one day, but it’s not a feature we’re currently actively working on.

Which is pretty much Dev speak for "Don't get your hopes up."

Naqaj

Novice Member

1/14/14 9:24:24 AM#22
Originally posted by AzurePrower

Which is pretty much Dev speak for "Don't get your hopes up."

You may want to consult a more recent source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/first

You don't have to read the whole thread, just click through the dev responses.

AzurePrower

Hard Core Member

Ahh yes, "Hypers." The people who praise and hate every MMORPG... We've dismissed that claim.

OP  1/14/14 9:32:19 AM#23

Originally posted by Naqaj

Originally posted by AzurePrower Which is pretty much Dev speak for "Don't get your hopes up."
You may want to consult a more recent source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/first

Could you link the exact post you're wanting me to read? I don't really feel like going through 63 pages looking for a Dev response that may or may not be there.

Naqaj

Novice Member

1/14/14 9:34:35 AM#24

Originally posted by AzurePrower Which is pretty much Dev speak for "Don't get your hopes up."

Could you link the exact post you're wanting me to read?

Under the dev avatar, there's a white arrow pointing down. Clicking on that, you can jump from one dev response directly to the next, a very easy way to quickly absorb the content of the thread. You'll quickly get to a summary by the dev on the topics that are discussed in there. You'll find one that should be to your liking.

AzurePrower

Hard Core Member

OP  1/14/14 10:10:46 AM#25

You may want to consult a more recent source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/first   You don't have to read the whole thread, just click through the dev responses.
  Could you link the exact post you're wanting me to read?
Under the dev avatar, there's a white arrow pointing down. Clicking on that, you can jump from one dev response directly to the next, a very easy way to quickly absorb the content of the thread. You'll quickly get to a summary by the dev on the topics that are discussed in there. You'll find one that should be to your liking.

Let me rephrase. I have no interest in digging through the thread at all.

Naqaj

Novice Member

1/14/14 10:24:41 AM#26

Let me rephrase. I have no interest in digging through the thread at all.

Fair point. The information you're looking for is there. Your choice to read it or not.

bcbully

Elite Member

1/14/14 11:21:12 AM#27
Can't have guild wars w/o guild halls... Unfortunately they would have to make a whole new game world because of the hard pvp/pve split. 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

1/15/14 6:31:32 AM#28

Why?

Because every PVE instance has to have an owner. When the owner is not around. The instance no longer exists. That seems to be hard coded into the game as evident by how dungeons, personal story and living story instances work.

If this weren't the case. Anet would have changed that by now. But their unwillingness seems like they can't.

Not actually true. In the PvE world, the zones go on even if no one is there. The dynamic events progress themselves to certain points, npcs continue to go about their beaten paths if they have them, etc. 

Beyond that, state can be saved when the last person leaves an instance such that when someone comes back in the instance is reformed at the same state it was when it closed down due to being empty. A great example of this is EveOnline, where every system doesn't spawn initially each day until someone actually enters the system. 

Basically, this is no reason at all to not have Guild Halls, the technology is well established already. Hell, the original Guild Wars has guild halls already, so they know how to do it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

1/15/14 6:37:32 AM#29
Originally posted by bcbully
Can't have guild wars w/o guild halls... Unfortunately they would have to make a whole new game world because of the hard pvp/pve split. 

Nah, just use the existing sPvP model and do GvG similar to how they do it in GuildWars. You'd go into the Mists, party up with guild members and speak with an NPC to enter a guild battle with another guild. Challenges would add a little more coding to set that up, as would guild tournaments, but completely feasible within the current paradigm.

Oderint, dum metuant.

seigard

Novice Member

1/21/14 5:49:17 PM#30
its just ironic how you dont even need to do anything with guilds in a game called ''guild wars''. To be honest most of the games retain their core members with the guild bonds, check darkfall for example, if there were no clans in that game and if the game itself didnt push you to get a clan in order to fully experience, the game would have failed at its first day. GW needs to create some sort of mechanic to force people into guilds and maybe create some interaction between other guilds.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search