Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,852 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,633
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Rumor: VIP Membership

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
107 posts found
  rodingo

Elite Member

1/13/14 11:48:15 PM#101
Originally posted by Meowhead
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
The few times I have logged in over the past few months my server has been kinda dead. Empty zones and all. I have seen a few post where people are saying the same about their servers. Would not shock me if this is a needed cash infusion if that is the case. Their B2P model needs people playing to pay the bills. With subs you can not play a month here and there and still they get ya with that 15 bucks a month. 

That isn't a subscription service, or at least, not the way you would recognize one (Flat 15 dollar fee)

IT's a tiered service.  I doubt that even if Arenanet wanted to, that they could get away with such an exceedingly Chinese system of payment, nor should anybody WISH that they do.

Imagine if one of the bigger games (GW2 IS one of the bigger MMORPGs) tried such a system and found it extremely profitable.  .... and lots of games started switching to a tiered P2W system where people who pay hundreds of dollars for higher level tiers have a noticable advantage and premium status.  That's the type of system that China is using. z.z

Yeh Snail thought they could do that in the west with Age of Wushu.  They are very much regretting that move now considering their dwindling population and talks of another server merge.  Bigger games like GW2, FF(I forget the number again), and WoW can make subtle changes here and there with various content updates to keep players playing and buying gems.  Small niche games like Wushu are just suffering due to poor planning on the Chinese Devs and believing their VIP system and cash shop rentals would survive very long in the West.  Western devs are smart enough to know to adapt their payment models when publishing a game in the East. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

bcbully

Elite Member

1/14/14 1:12:43 AM#102
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by djazzy
They will need to do something. ESO is going to hit GW2 hard. AvA is a better product than WvW. I do not know the percentage of WvW only players in GW2, but that percentage will leave.

with ESO's current combat? not a chance

IMO I would rather ESO combat hands down. GW2 twitch style and no trinity just has not done well for what I want in a MMO. ESO trinity is at lest an option, not the only one but its there. Also you dont need to spam dodge, you can block as well. Watching vids of dungeon runs in GW2 looked more like an acrobatic game then combat. Ya ESO over GW2 combat any day.

Do you spam dodge in GW2?

I could swear that was a recharge (endurance) on dodge.

I could also swear there are blocks in GW2.

If you never played with an active block button, it hard to understand how much more dynamic it makes combat.

Doesn't the block in ESO have a cooldown mechanism (stamina drain or something)?

Or are you saying that you can spam block and that is somehow superior to spamming dodge?

Again, GW2 has active blocks.

You can hold block as long as you want. Blocking attacks take stamina. No, GW2 does not have an active block system like ESO or Wushu. I see you swing, I can put up my guard block your attack. All players, all classes can do this at any time. In or out of combat. It's very different trust me.

djazzy

Novice Member

1/14/14 1:25:07 AM#103
They will need to do something. ESO is going to hit GW2 hard. AvA is a better product than WvW. I do not know the percentage of WvW only players in GW2, but that percentage will leave.

IMO I would rather ESO combat hands down. GW2 twitch style and no trinity just has not done well for what I want in a MMO. ESO trinity is at lest an option, not the only one but its there. Also you dont need to spam dodge, you can block as well. Watching vids of dungeon runs in GW2 looked more like an acrobatic game then combat. Ya ESO over GW2 combat any day.

Well to each their own. I found ESO's combat god awful. They really need to have some feedback additions to the player and add in impact to the mobs. Most of the time I felt like I was swinging at air, could only tell that I hit them by looking at their health bar. Almost everyone I've talked to that has played has had my opinion so you are probably in the minority in that.

Gaia_Hunter

Hard Core Member

1/14/14 4:58:22 AM#104

Do you spam dodge in GW2?

I could swear that was a recharge (endurance) on dodge.

I could also swear there are blocks in GW2.

If you never played with an active block button, it hard to understand how much more dynamic it makes combat.

Doesn't the block in ESO have a cooldown mechanism (stamina drain or something)?

Or are you saying that you can spam block and that is somehow superior to spamming dodge?

Again, GW2 has active blocks.

You can hold block as long as you want. Blocking attacks take stamina. No, GW2 does not have an active block system like ESO or Wushu. I see you swing, I can put up my guard block your attack. All players, all classes can do this at any time. In or out of combat. It's very different trust me.

I can put the block before you attack and block multiple  attacks in GW2, but it is dependent on the particular skills of the weapon.

So I can be there blocking attacks for an hour in ESO?

Currently playing: GW2
Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, King of Tokyo

Naqaj

Novice Member

1/14/14 10:32:16 AM#105

I can put the block before you attack and block multiple  attacks in GW2, but it is dependent on the particular skills of the weapon.

You can hold up your shield in anticipation of an attack for an hour. You can't continuously block all incoming attacks without running out of stamina.

Gaia_Hunter

Hard Core Member

1/14/14 10:57:32 AM#106
Originally posted by Naqaj

You can hold up your shield in anticipation of an attack for an hour. You can't continuously block all incoming attacks without running out of stamina.

How many attacks/period of time under attack do you reckon you can block?

Currently playing: GW2
Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, King of Tokyo

Naqaj

Novice Member

1/14/14 11:27:51 AM#107

How many attacks/period of time under attack do you reckon you can block?

No idea, bcbully wanna take this one?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search