Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,840,266 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,149
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » New WvW Map/Lobby: Edge of the Mists

2 posts found
  Siphaed

Elite Member

OP  10/18/13 11:02:48 AM#1

Source:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-edge-of-the-mists-a-new-map-is-coming-to-wvw/

What's this, WvW is actually getting a whole new map?    And it'll have overflows?  And it's in the sky?  Am I drunk?

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  And no.

This is a new system that A.Net is going to be putting in-game (after selective invite-only guild testing) to help alleviate the queues that go on with WvW.  Based on the popularity of WvW increasing because of all the changes, the queues are starting to stretch longer and longer.   And nobody likes just waiting for hours on end for the action.

The new map will not effect the overall server-scores related to the main 4 maps.  However, players will still be able to obtain the normal WXP as well as some "unique rewards"  (new skins?, who knows).

flizzer

Hard Core Member

10/18/13 11:06:32 AM#2
Holy Tyria!   I haven't heard about this yet.  Have to say this looks amazing.   WvW is sooo much fun. I think I have been in there every day at least for 20 minutes or so last few months. I can't get enough.  More maps!   More awesomeness.