|7 posts found|
OP 12/22/12 6:40:16 AM#1
Assured Mutual Destruction - Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (AMD-ICBM)
Guild Wars 2We have been a guild within the game since the first beta weekend event, April 2012. Our community is strong and dedicated to the server world we play on. We have been on Isle of Janthir since April and have no plans to go anywhere; we are not a guild that server hops and leaves its members in the dust.
Our humble community is simply looking for some new friends to play with. Keeping things fun and active is what we want to maintain within the game. Our guild members are helpful and teach each other about the game; by having conversations, we can learn from what others have experienced. We have members with a wide range of progression throughout the game, ranging from those just starting out to others with multiple level 80 characters and world completion.
Here's the bullet points of what we do, have to offer, requirements and contact information.
US Worlds – Isle of Janthir
Daily Game Play Style
Weekly/ Monthly Guild Events
What [ICBM] Has & Offers
1. Leadership with more than 6 years experience running a guild in Guild Wars and since beta within Guild Wars 2.
2. 60 plus active guild members with 90 total, average 10-20 online concurrently, with 90% choosing to represent at all times.
3. Guild website with a private forum & news section updated daily.
4. Community VoIP Servers (voice chat), Team Speak 3.
5. North American based community, who welcome people from all over the world, as play times may vary.
6. Daily guild events that cover all aspects of PvE during the week. A advanced calendar system on the website to easily keep track of these events. Able to comment, subscribe and has multiple different viewing options.
7. A Guild bank, with a system in place for convenient deposit and withdraws. With discount perks given to members, why pay the Black Lion tax, when you can earn interest back with ICBM.
8. Group of people who are willing to play, teach, learn and just have fun.
9. A community infrastructure that allows you to be a part of something more than just a game. We have a system in place that allows people to contribute to the community and be recognized for said contributions.
What We Are Looking For?
If one of the following apply to you, then you may just fit right in.
1. Want to be part of a community not just a guild drone. We will never force you to farm or join in on anything you don’t want to.
2. Are actively working towards achieving your in game-goals but would sometimes like support from a friend or party.
3. Are willing to not only learn, but teach and help others when you can.
4. Log in monthly, weekly or everyday, does not matter as long as you enjoy playing the game.
What Are The Requirements?
1. Guild Rules
2. Website: Must Make an Account First.
3. Voice Chat
How to Join a Guild?
1. Log into the website (amd-icbm.com).
2. Go to and fill out the "Join a Guild" form, choose any guilds from within the games we support.
3. Please allow 1-2 days for your game account to be processed by an administrator.
1. If you would like to give our community a try, you can make an account on our website at http://amd-icbm.com/icbm/registration/
2. If you wish to apply to become a rostered guild member, please use the contact form “Join a Guild”, you can do so by clicking here http://amd-icbm.com/icbm/contact-us/join-a-guild/
3. If you have any questions feel free to Private Message me on this site/forum or through the Contact Us form on our site by clicking here http://amd-icbm.com/icbm/contact-us/
updated: August 27, 2013
OP 12/22/12 6:43:14 AM#2
This post has been reserved for future usage.
OP 1/18/13 5:02:50 AM#3
Being apart of this community as brought me many friends, if it wasn’t for the people who I talk to, help me, and overall just find ways to have fun, in a game that can get very tedious and repetitive if you don’t switch up things you are doing.
I have been with this community for 5 years and this guild for 6 months (beta weekends) within Guild Wars 2 . Even though I am the guild leader, I choose to be so. For the very fact that this community as been a positive presence in my life.
We are always changing and evolving to improve things, but the core principles which as kept the community strong for so many years remains.
OP 2/08/13 4:26:26 AM#4
My time spent and how I have fun in World vs World is not tied to what tier our world is on, so I don’t really care about the score. Killing yaks, sentry’s, taking camps, towers and defending those positions as long as possible is how I have a good time. When online I try my best to communicate in chat and ping points where I see the enemy and if more bodies are needed to repel the invaders.
My guild and the people I support in game, try to help the best we can. We do not always succeed in taking a tower or castle, but we have fun doing it.
OP 3/19/13 6:09:04 AM#5
Only guilds with insecurity issues say they’re friendly. What!? You’re looking for one?
Join us we’re friendly!
OP 8/24/13 8:22:14 AM#6
Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM] – Doing the meta event, Thaumanova Reactor Fallout and the secret boss found in behind us, in the glowing hole.
OP 9/20/13 7:58:10 AM#7
After 6 years of gaming and making friends from all over the world. One thing I regret is not playing Guild Wars sooner when it first came out in 2005 to have my gaming community experience be longer than it is now.
Here is some of the guild having some fun at the Moa races.