Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,561 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,877
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » So We Are 80? - S2/Ep.2 "The Pact is Back" Complete

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
85 posts found
  Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

8/23/13 12:36:51 PM#21
Originally posted by Kenaoshi
I am kinda mad with this update. everytime i try to go the invasion i get trown in overflow >.<

As long as you're in in the first few minutes there will be an invasion in the overflow as well. At the top of the hour, see where the new one pops up and go. Overflow or not, you'll be fine.

Oderint, dum metuant.

observer

Elite Member

First came pride, then envy.

8/23/13 3:56:31 PM#22
Originally posted by Volkon
According to Colin, the invasions are going to be a permanent part of the game. They'll be less frequent after this two week cycle, but they're not going away altogether.

This will be a nice addition, along with the other world events in the game.  GW2 needs more permanent worldwide events like this.  I just wish most of these events required coordination and tactics, instead of having zergs beat a timer.

Gaia_Hunter

Hard Core Member

8/23/13 4:25:27 PM#23
Originally posted by observer
Originally posted by Volkon
According to Colin, the invasions are going to be a permanent part of the game. They'll be less frequent after this two week cycle, but they're not going away altogether.

This will be a nice addition, along with the other world events in the game.  GW2 needs more permanent worldwide events like this.  I just wish most of these events required coordination and tactics, instead of having zergs beat a timer.

Actually small groups will fare better than big zergs.

And I had more than a couple fights against Pirate captains and Molten Shamans where the boss was focusing on my warrior for large periods so had to be doing more than spamming keys.

Currently playing: GW2
Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, King of Tokyo

Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  8/27/13 12:09:32 PM#24
To be fair invasions is so aka Rift. But they work in this game. If you can get the server to not zerg mindlessly everywhere.
  Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  8/28/13 1:01:08 PM#25
Return of the box yea :)
  Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  9/02/13 6:05:42 AM#26
Never thought I'd have a day. I actually say too much content too fast........
  Jackdog

Novice Member

9/02/13 11:04:37 AM#27
Originally posted by Silentstorm

I hate the box LOL, seriously I really do. I did not care for the gameplay or the rewards in it's first iteration and doubt the second time around will be any more fun for me. That ok I will be busy farming mats and lvling alts, and hitting world bosses

I run hot and cold on the crafting changes. Still looking at the new crafting updates and trying to decide whether to celebrate or cry . Mixed bag and think it  will be both good and bad for my playstyle. With my personal gear I am happy with my exotics so really feel no need for ascended. Pissed about how much it will cost me in mats to get my exotic recipes back and if I will even bother relearning them. On the plus side I have buttloads of mats in the bank along with 100 + exotic  containers and various green through yellow ones. I see making a small fortune farming and selling mats and blue/green items for the magic find potions and stick with my current gear. Temple gear will be plenty good enough for any alts that hit 80 and whatever fancier trinkets I can buy with laurels. If things get tougher than the exotics can handle I can buy my way to crafting ascended later on. A couple of points in attributes is not worth the effort in my opinion. Should make the gear elitists happy though

I miss DAoC

observer

Elite Member

First came pride, then envy.

9/02/13 3:23:48 PM#28
Originally posted by Jackdog

I hate the box LOL, seriously I really do. I did not care for the gameplay or the rewards in it's first iteration and doubt the second time around will be any more fun for me. That ok I will be busy farming mats and lvling alts, and hitting world bosses

I run hot and cold on the crafting changes. Still looking at the new crafting updates and trying to decide whether to celebrate or cry . Mixed bag and think it  will be both good and bad for my playstyle. With my personal gear I am happy with my exotics so really feel no need for ascended. Pissed about how much it will cost me in mats to get my exotic recipes back and if I will even bother relearning them. On the plus side I have buttloads of mats in the bank along with 100 + exotic  containers and various green through yellow ones. I see making a small fortune farming and selling mats and blue/green items for the magic find potions and stick with my current gear. Temple gear will be plenty good enough for any alts that hit 80 and whatever fancier trinkets I can buy with laurels. If things get tougher than the exotics can handle I can buy my way to crafting ascended later on. A couple of points in attributes is not worth the effort in my opinion. Should make the gear elitists happy though

I'm so glad this patch is coming out on the 17th, because i didn't really like SAB that much.  It was fun the first time, but as a recurring event, it's bound to get old fast.

It's about time they are making world dragons more challenging, so i'll be doing that along with using the new LFG tool.  It's also going to be interesting getting crafting up again.

AmbrosiaAmor

Novice Member

9/03/13 1:26:53 AM#29

Tequila 2.0!

It better not be a watered-down version!

RizelStar

Novice Member

We all breathe and we all die.

9/03/13 11:41:13 AM#30
Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

Tequila 2.0!

It better not be a watered-down version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiUKKE8mhwE

Doesn't sound like it! However the guy makes a point on the cons.

Nor looks like it after looking at the stream

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  9/03/13 9:52:13 PM#31
If you watch the people during the fight. You see just how many guys still stand in fire lol...I hope that wasn't all devs playing.
  Jackdog

Novice Member

9/04/13 9:29:01 AM#32
looking forward to the meta events upgrades. I did Teq, Claw, Golem, and Behemoth this morning for the new craft drops. Got bored after 4 and went farming in Orr. Just hope these guys won't be completely impossible after the changes. I want it to be harder just not to the point to where no one bothers to even try because  it is impossible. In the meantime I am going to farm at least 50 Dragonite Ore per day and bank it

I miss DAoC

Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  9/09/13 3:02:20 PM#33

Episode 16 is up 

I'm having fun this patch how about you guys?

Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  9/17/13 5:46:43 AM#34

Ep 17 up you guys ready?

Somethings coming lets see if its more Dragon then Roar.

Kaleston

Novice Member

9/17/13 6:00:37 AM#35
looking forward to the meta events upgrades. I did Teq, Claw, Golem, and Behemoth this morning for the new craft drops. Got bored after 4 and went farming in Orr. Just hope these guys won't be completely impossible after the changes. I want it to be harder just not to the point to where no one bothers to even try because  it is impossible. In the meantime I am going to farm at least 50 Dragonite Ore per day and bank it

Low level events only give you a few ores, so they are not worth it. So you're stuck with teq, claw, golem and shatterer. If you want to spice it up a bit, you can go for Orr temple, chests give you about 20 ores, too.

I think teq can be hard... even very hard (even though I'd expect difficulty around Claw's event, maybe slightly higher). The main point is, to make reward worth it.... if he drops a chest, the same as any other dragon, people will try it a few time, fail and after that no one will be going there. I hope developers learned their lesson with latest iteration of SAB and give player proper reward for the hard content.

Jackdog

Novice Member

9/17/13 11:47:24 AM#36
Originally posted by Kaleston

Low level events only give you a few ores, so they are not worth it. So you're stuck with teq, claw, golem and shatterer. If you want to spice it up a bit, you can go for Orr temple, chests give you about 20 ores, too.

I think teq can be hard... even very hard (even though I'd expect difficulty around Claw's event, maybe slightly higher). The main point is, to make reward worth it.... if he drops a chest, the same as any other dragon, people will try it a few time, fail and after that no one will be going there. I hope developers learned their lesson with latest iteration of SAB and give player proper reward for the hard content.

from what I have read is that Teq 's loot will be tiered. Get him down to 75% health you get a chest, 50% and the chest wil be better, 25%  and even more loot and if you kill him you get a back piece skin, a title and a chest that may contain ascended gear

Anyway I made it to 500 Weaponsmith , now working on my Artificer and Huntsman

I miss DAoC

Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  9/21/13 12:21:11 PM#37
Episode 18 out Twilight Assault gets a look
  elitero

Novice Member

9/21/13 1:22:23 PM#38
Silent great work and dedication. Subbed!
  Silentstorm

Advanced Member

OP  9/24/13 6:09:16 AM#39

Ep 19 is out and I don't think people trust the new lfg yet.

@Elitero thx :)

muffins89

Apprentice Member

9/24/13 6:12:11 AM#40

Ep 19 is out and I don't think people trust the new lfg yet.

@Elitero thx :)

where do I go to watch the episodes?  or hear them? 

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search