Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,656 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,319
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Guild Wars 2 - Mass info for the uninitiated

10 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Search
185 posts found
  VengeSunsoar

Elite Member

Be Brief, Be Bright... Be Gone.

4/20/13 5:13:29 PM#181
Just loaded up the game for the free weekend.  I thought that there were no defined class roles?  To me that meant either skill based or multi-classing but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I am a ranger right now.  Is it just that I get abilities that let me do other things or is there multi-classing?

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

BeansnBread

Hard Core Member

4/20/13 5:15:55 PM#182
Originally posted by VengeSunsoar
Just loaded up the game for the free weekend.  I thought that there were no defined class roles?  To me that meant either skill based or multi-classing but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I am a ranger right now.  Is it just that I get abilities that let me do other things or is there multi-classing?

There is no multi-classing like in GW1.

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

aesperus

Elite Member

4/20/13 5:19:28 PM#183
Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

There's no multi-classing, but every class can fulfill a variety of roles (support, damage, survivability, control), they just do it in different ways.

i.e. as a ranger you can try and go for pure direct damage (longbow/greatsword), you can try to go conditions heavy (shortbow/axe+torch & traps). You can support w/ spirits / healing spring. However, regardless of what traits / role you pick the class revolves around using a pet, and sustained attacks.

Other classes function differently, and have their own unique ways of handling those same roles.

- Just a heads up, though, Ranger is one of the weakest classes atm (balance wise). It's still playable, but it's one of the most limited compared to other classes. A large part of this is due to their minor traits being significantly better than most of their major ones, making them highly dependant on their weapon & pet choices for build composition.

VengeSunsoar

Elite Member

Be Brief, Be Bright... Be Gone.

4/20/13 5:24:57 PM#184
Thanks for the info.

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

spikenog

Novice Member

5/08/13 11:08:29 AM#185
Great article, thanks for this!
10 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Search