Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Landmark | Villagers and Heroes | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,025 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,651
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » Reviews & Impressions » Worth a 2nd look

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Kaleston

Novice Member

3/21/13 8:20:00 AM#21
Originally posted by Safo

This thread kind of hits a chord with me, as I have been trying to get back into GW2 since playing at launch and not since.

I agree that build diversity is fun and well I do have an Engineer as my main sitting at 61 or so...  I came back having watched stuff around in these forums found a big guild to join.. (CSC on RoS). As the big thing I miss is being social and making friends.  As my small ring of close friends have all moved to non-mmo's or something else... gotta find more peeps!

Anyways, it seems even in big guilds I'm totally lost.  Everyone is pretty much 80 doing whatever 80's do... dungys, events, etc.. The vent server for such a huge guild is basically unused sadly, as I'm a chatty person... I like to interact and all that rot.

I think my biggest issue with trying to get back into GW2 is feeling that I've missed the boat  by not being 80.  Then you feel as you gotta be 80 but, questing solo isn't exactly my cup of tea in a game like this.  Sure I can get into event groups and zerg down events but, thats not exactly social.  Sadly I don't have alot of time to do Dungies as I have a 4month old that can cause me to suddenly AFK at a moments notice and well Dungie groups dont exactly appreciate you afking on them in the middle of a bos fight. :)

I find it strange as normally I can strike up a convo with just about anyone and be on my way but, something is wierd in GW2 and I don't know what is getting to me.  It's almost like I feel out of my element...  and I've been playing MMO's since they were on the AOL and Compuserver Services and not called MMO's..

Eh.. I'm rambling on and just felt like posting. 

Come and join my little guild :)

I think you kinda put quantity over quality :) In my experience smaller "family" guilds are much more chatty and helpful than huge guilds. And I'm talking not only in gw2, but pretty much in any MMO game I've ever played.

As for "I've missed the boat. That exactly where you're wrong. You can't miss the boat with GW2... you can get on top strength of your characters in very short time and there is virtually nowhere else to go. You can go for expensive upgrades (ascended and legendary), but difference to your "normal" top equip is so marginal it's more of a flavor change than power change. Not mentioning PvP where you are automatically bumped to your max level so difference is even smaller.

I wish you good luck in finding nice guild :) If you actually care joining me, I'm on Ring of Fire server.

Loke666

Elite Member

3/21/13 8:32:53 AM#22
Originally posted by Safo

This thread kind of hits a chord with me, as I have been trying to get back into GW2 since playing at launch and not since.

I agree that build diversity is fun and well I do have an Engineer as my main sitting at 61 or so...  I came back having watched stuff around in these forums found a big guild to join.. (CSC on RoS). As the big thing I miss is being social and making friends.  As my small ring of close friends have all moved to non-mmo's or something else... gotta find more peeps!

Anyways, it seems even in big guilds I'm totally lost.  Everyone is pretty much 80 doing whatever 80's do... dungys, events, etc.. The vent server for such a huge guild is basically unused sadly, as I'm a chatty person... I like to interact and all that rot.

I think my biggest issue with trying to get back into GW2 is feeling that I've missed the boat  by not being 80.  Then you feel as you gotta be 80 but, questing solo isn't exactly my cup of tea in a game like this.  Sure I can get into event groups and zerg down events but, thats not exactly social.  Sadly I don't have alot of time to do Dungies as I have a 4month old that can cause me to suddenly AFK at a moments notice and well Dungie groups dont exactly appreciate you afking on them in the middle of a bos fight. :)

I find it strange as normally I can strike up a convo with just about anyone and be on my way but, something is wierd in GW2 and I don't know what is getting to me.  It's almost like I feel out of my element...  and I've been playing MMO's since they were on the AOL and Compuserver Services and not called MMO's..

Eh.. I'm rambling on and just felt like posting. 

I think you should do dungeons  (AC, CM and TA). You have the level for them and it is not so hard to get a group even if you are not 80. Dungeons are a good way to level up and while downleveled 80s have an easier time a lower level character still do fine in them.

Or you could just craft yourself up, jeweler is fast and easy and should give you 10 levels or so.

On my server there is an acceptable population at least in one zone of every level range due to downscaling and people leveling alts so another option is asking people in LA where most players of your level hangs out or guest at the fullest server in your region. 

The most fun way however is to either get your guildies to make an alt or get a few new friends into the game and play with them. Leveling is pretty fast but most players dont mind getting another alts, it never hurts to have a few extra classes maxed out.

Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

3/21/13 11:21:24 AM#23
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by Volgore

I see they STILL haven't adressed class balance and the mesmer still suffer on the same bugs it had when i left the game.

So thanks, but Anet will never get this game together.

i played Rift for 9 months or so and in that time every single patch added a new fotm unstoppable build to one of the classes while completely destroying another class. No game is without its balance issues and especially as new as this game is. Mesmer is still best class in the game imho despite the bugs

What you posted here is just your own perception of things and not necessarily countering my points. Instead, you are even wrong on several levels within this context.

{ Mod Edit }

nolic1

Advanced Member

3/21/13 11:57:00 AM#24
Yes op there are alot of options in this game when it comes to builds I agree. But I dont change builds much just my play style to fit the need sense most of my toons are all around builds or I set them up to be. My toons dont do alot of dmg but they do do everything well and thats how I like to play just be everything I can when needed.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search