Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,836,896 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,220,904
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Lack of trinity

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  AIMonster

Apprentice Member

3/20/13 12:03:23 PM#41
Originally posted by Aerowyn
viable is not optimal I have completed every dungeon in the game and up to 15 fractals.. Never once did the group ever need a certain class to complete anything

The point is though, if you are choosing to make a party for dungeons why run anything but 4 Warriors and Mesmer (or 3 Warriors, Mesmer, Guardian/Ele) because the efficiency is much faster than adding a Necro or Ranger or two in place of any of those slots.  If a Warrior can solo the hardest non-fractal dungeon in the game the game is clearly not balanced around PvE.  Also, once you hit 40+ Fractals good luck running things with completely unoptimal group comps (try 5 Rangers or 5 Necros versus Jade Maw post 40) which are mainly Eles and Guardians in full Berserker gear at that point.  Sure, you can bring a Necro up to a certain point in Fractals before they start really bogging you down, and it's possible to carry players with no Agony Resist through post 50 Fractals (been there, done that), but the point is why bother when you can clear it much more effectively without them.

For the record I play a Ranger, which isn't as PvE viable as the 4 professions mentioned here and I've reached high level Fractals, but I always feel like I'm bringing my group down and getting carried in order to do so.  I should just roll one of these, but I own a Sunrise, would have to level all those Fractals again, and do other PITA stuff to catch up.

And again I don't think this is a fault of the no trinity, just poor PvE design and balance.  WvW and SPvP actually work fairly well in the game because it's balanced around it (primarily SPvP where all their balance changes seem to be centered around) where all professions have a clear role and purpose.  I don't think we should point fingers and blame the lack of trinity here which is the point I'm trying to make.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

3/20/13 12:08:06 PM#42
Originally posted by 1vald2

Btw what do you mean by: "and if you have the urge there's always building surfing to break things up a bit."?

Get up as high in Rata Sum as you can near an outside edge where the building angles away from you to the ground below. Step out in that direction. Try to surf all the way to the ground without hitting an obstacle on the way down.

Your first dirt nap makes you smile! :D

Oderint, dum metuant.

Maephisto

Novice Member

3/20/13 12:50:01 PM#43
Originally posted by Volkon
Isn't Trinity that chick from Matrix?

Yes, and she is hot as hell.

God bless that leather suit.

Thx, now I feel like I have to watch the matrix tonight.

Four0Six

Hard Core Member

3/20/13 12:53:24 PM#44
Originally posted by ImperialSun

Everyone knows GW2 has a trinity system, Anet simply renamed it to damage / defense / control or whatever so they could market it back to you as an innovative product with no "trinity".....

See how that worked out?

I thought GW2 was supposed to revolutionise the genre and stomp all competitors into the dust...whereas in reality the game turned out to be en exercise in making a mediocre themepark and abandoning / backtracking on almost every aspect of the original charter that Anet pledged to its fanbase.

I hear D3 has more players than GW2 these days...

/shrug

Driz

+1

So simple I never thought of it. But for sure, since there are the 3 types that would be a "trinity"

Hehehehehehehehehe

doodphace

Elite Member

3/20/13 12:54:55 PM#45
Originally posted by Dakeru

I'm glad that 6 months after the release you figured out that there is no trinity.

Thanks for informing us.

There IS a trinity, they just mask it (as other have pointed out).

Elemenalist/staff/water anyone?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search