Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,726 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,271
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » PvP » The Amazing Mesmer, a WvW clip

14 posts found
  Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 11:07:42 AM#1

Was searching around youtube for some mesmer clips and came across this persons videos. This one in particular has some great fights but i really enjoyed this one in particular. I think it really shows how great a well played mesmer can handle multiple people solo in PVP.. This person is known for the "shatter cat" build as they call it... enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXw97Wz7R8&t=1m35s

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Vorch

Apprentice Member

2/24/13 4:25:29 PM#2
I'd like to see a mesmer counter video. I'm getting better at killing and finding the right one, but I really would like some tips. Especially for WvW

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 6:56:42 PM#3
Originally posted by Vorch
I'd like to see a mesmer counter video. I'm getting better at killing and finding the right one, but I really would like some tips. Especially for WvW

mesmer counter video,  you mean as in a video that shows people how to defeat mesmers?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Zeroxin

Advanced Member

My words are not here to sway you,they are here to make you understand.

2/24/13 7:12:27 PM#4

The truth is Mesmers in WvW have a lot of space to do their tricks and in order to bea them you have to have a build that is heavy on CC which then won't be conducive for WvW because what most of the builds that are viable in WvW don't have that much CC.

In PvP, it's a different case entirely. My tips (that may translate into WvW) are;

Dodge towards their clones when you notice them coming at you. This will ensure that you evade all shatters

When they go invisible, count 1 second and dodge.

And have good CC abilities.

Ranged condition damage builds deal with them pretty well as well.

This is not a game.

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 7:23:11 PM#5
also learn to use "Call Target" it is your friend when trying to deal with clones.. mesmer is really tricky though as there are many very differn't ways to play mesmer and you never really know which build they are running.. best advice is run and get help:P

Vorch

Apprentice Member

2/24/13 9:50:27 PM#6
Originally posted by Aerowyn
also learn to use "Call Target" it is your friend when trying to deal with clones.. mesmer is really tricky though as there are many very differn't ways to play mesmer and you never really know which build they are running.. best advice is run and get help:P

Definitely...I usually run if I can't catch them by surprise and stun lock them before Hundred blades.

From what I've seen with mesmers, the longer the fight, the more likely you are to lose to them.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 9:52:27 PM#7
Originally posted by Aerowyn

Definitely...I usually run if I can't catch them by surprise and stun lock them before Hundred blades.

From what I've seen with mesmers, the longer the fight, the more likely you are to lose to them.

depends on build but yea overall mesmer has so many tricks and with a good amount of space can pull off some incredible things.. main reason they are my favorite class right now:)

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

2/24/13 9:54:48 PM#8

Eh its okay video, dunno I find it more so a 'are those people really that dumb' video, the only one that didn't seem clueless was the big guy kind of following along at least a small portion of the time.

Well as someone who when they did spend their time on this game and did play mesmer, your best bet simply is to spot the one that is moving around more spuradically. You can often tell based off movement which is the real one and which is fake just with that alone, minus a few abilities that can be used to trick players a bit more easily when done right. If you know AI habits (often times just spamming attacks without much though or random movement) you can easily pick out the real one rather quickly.

Agrias34

Novice Member

2/24/13 9:56:53 PM#9
boring...
  Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 9:58:58 PM#10
Originally posted by Purutzil

Eh its okay video, dunno I find it more so a 'are those people really that dumb' video, the only one that didn't seem clueless was the big guy kind of following along at least a small portion of the time.

Well as someone who when they did spend their time on this game and did play mesmer, your best bet simply is to spot the one that is moving around more spuradically. You can often tell based off movement which is the real one and which is fake just with that alone, minus a few abilities that can be used to trick players a bit more easily when done right. If you know AI habits (often times just spamming attacks without much though or random movement) you can easily pick out the real one rather quickly.

I'm sure if I had a video of a single mesmer taking on an entire army alone you'd say meh.. but anyway guy has a lot of other good fights in this video and his other videos as part of his guides.. all worth checking out for anyone interested in mesmer PVP..

also good mesmers know how to blend in with their clones:)

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 10:00:21 PM#11
Originally posted by Agrias34
boring...

if you got better ones i'd love to see them

mazut

Advanced Member

2/25/13 1:59:24 AM#12
I doubt he/she will survive in open space, but he use the environment wisely. gg
  Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

OP  2/25/13 5:29:24 AM#13
Originally posted by mazut
I doubt he/she will survive in open space, but he use the environment wisely. gg

in a couple of his other videos he does just 1v1 in wide open areas

Marcus-

Advanced Member

2/25/13 6:16:55 AM#14

I've played a condition staff mesmer for most of my time in game, and to be honest, i'm starting to shelve him.

Its gotten almost too easy, and its losing its fun factor for me.

In PvP, as you said, i almost need a two on one for a serious challenge. I don't typically win them, but i certainly have. I win a whole lot more solo fights than i lose. and i know the game isn't about solo, but there it is. The only two classes i have trouble with are a heavy condition build necro, as i don't usually run with Null Field, and that new popular Elementalist build with the healing and DPS (i think). In WvW, if i get in trouble, escaping is somewhat easy as well, as mesmers can cause a lot of confusion.

I'm no uber pvp player by any stretch, but i get a whole lot closer playing this class.

A lot of folks say the aren't good in PvE, and i don't see that either. I can take over a supply camp with the upgraded guards lil quagans)  relatively easily. I'm not sure how other classes fair in the same boat, but i would hardly say thats not good at PvE.

I hate to say they are OP, or need a nerf, because they are a ton of fun. I would much rather say a lot more classes need to be brought up to the mesmers level.