Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,704 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,395
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » High End Graphics Guide for Guild Wars 2 *Nvidia*

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  2/24/13 2:10:51 PM#21
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Just for info... GW2 already has SSAA built in.

When you set "Render Sampling" to "Supersample", that's exactly what you turn on.

yea but thats a basic form of SSAA which is basically downscaling(rendering at higher resolution then downscaling to your current resolution).. sgssaa is a differn't form as it effects both regular and transperant textures as ssaa does not..

SSAA (SuperSampling AntiAliasing) affects the whole image, including transparent textures.

The quality depends on the number of times the image is rendered larger than the screen before being reduced to fit. The size in the GW2 renderer doesn't seem very high.

SSAA when set ingame seems to have little to no effect on shimmering or cleaning up transperancy AA in my experience at least for this game.. sgssaa on the other hand has much more profound effect on taking care of shimmering overall which is what i'm very sensitive to. It is true SSAA effects the whole image guess I should of been more clear in this game I noticed SSAA has little to no effect on them as you said it doesn't seem to render the picture much higher than your normal res when setting ingame.. another benefit of sgssaa it generally has a much smaller performance hit overall than standard SSAA

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Dren_Utogi

Novice Member

2/24/13 2:43:32 PM#22
weird how Nvidia users got to do all this crap to get games to look good, when AMD video cards,just work .. owell..

reviews are !@#$ing stupid. Play what you love.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  2/24/13 2:54:53 PM#23
Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
weird how Nvidia users got to do all this crap to get games to look good, when AMD video cards,just work .. owell..

nothing im doing is required for anything.. it just allows better form of AA(sgssaa) which afaik doesn't even work with AMD but I haven't followed AMD in awhile so could be wrong on that.. also Sweetfx is just a filter that allows differn't color effects mostly so that has nothing to do with the video card type..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

elitero

Apprentice Member

3/04/13 12:57:00 PM#24
Hey Aero so I wasnt able to get my hands on the DAMNDED titan but I did pick up 2 gtx 670s 4gb. My question to is how much of hit is it taking on your system with these settings, the reason I ask is, when I am doing WvW I need to stream and there are usually 50+ people from my guild that are running together and also facing same sized enemy. Wondering if I can do these settings and maybe have  a simple verion of turning these settings of and on.
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

OP  3/04/13 1:00:39 PM#25
Originally posted by elitero
Hey Aero so I wasnt able to get my hands on the DAMNDED titan but I did pick up 2 gtx 670s 4gb. My question to is how much of hit is it taking on your system with these settings, the reason I ask is, when I am doing WvW I need to stream and there are usually 50+ people from my guild that are running together and also facing same sized enemy. Wondering if I can do these settings and maybe have  a simple verion of turning these settings of and on.

my suggestion would be don't worry about the nvidia inspector part just use the in game supersampling then in PvP turn supersampling back to native...shaders and reflections are the two biggest performance killers in my experience so anytime you need more frames its good to turn shaders to low and reflections to off

oxycam

Novice Member

4/12/14 5:27:13 PM#26
Hello, could you repost your Nvidia Inspector and in game screenshots because the first one are outdated on freeimagehosting. It would be really helpful for me. Thanks a lot :)
2 Pages « 1 2 Search