Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Moonrise | Pirate101 | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,608 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,270,113
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » I hated the personal story...

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
49 posts found
  Vannor

Novice Member

2/23/13 5:49:59 PM#41

I enjoyed the personal story the most...

I wish they'd put more effort into that system instead of the 'dynamic' events system. The event were great for a couple weeks.. but then got pretty boring. I would have liked more story.. like.. if each zone in the game had a personal story series of it's own. That would have been great.

AzurePrower

Advanced Member

Ahh yes, "Hypers." The people who praise and hate every MMORPG... We've dismissed that claim.

2/23/13 6:30:19 PM#42

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Karteli I applaud you for having the endurance to suffer through GW2's story.  I got maybe halfway and was already looking for a new game to play.  Very bad acting, lifeless characters staring off into nothingness, yet somehow engaging in a conversation.  Missions that needed to be zerged via run in do damage, die, run back do damage, die, over and over, until it was complete.   Very sloppy design.   SWTOR has far more gripping storylines, was more immersive, and has better acting.
VO is subjective but I'd say it'shardly worse(and id say much better overall) than most other MMOs with only swtor and TSW being an exception

i don't think many of these people who complain about VO have watched many american dubbed anime.. you want some horrible VO some of those are... well yea..... of course there are exceptions as there have been some good american dubbed anime:)

Trahearne says hi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0W2j-XWR8

Alber_gamer

Apprentice Member

2/23/13 6:35:32 PM#43

I actually feel very discouraged when I read young players are impressed by Guild War 2's main story. It shows a bit the standards of character depth and narrative that we're getting from a few years back to these days.

In the age where Hollywood movies are measured by the visual appeal of special effects and sexy cleavages, it's likely that shameful pieces of brain vomit with bland and untalented voiceovers like GW2's main story will triumph. Very, very sad.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

User Deleted
2/23/13 7:00:17 PM#44
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

I actually feel very discouraged when I read young players are impressed by Guild War 2's main story. It shows a bit the standards of character depth and narrative that we're getting from a few years back to these days.

In the age where Hollywood movies are measured by the visual appeal of special effects and sexy cleavages, it's likely that shameful pieces of brain vomit with bland and untalented voiceovers like GW2's main story will triumph. Very, very sad.

Same way i felt with SWTOR. Though i was expecting much more from SWTOR since it was to be highlight of the game, while GW2 just "had it" and never claimed it was "the thing"

Originally posted by mikahr

Yah, its light, fun and non-obtrusive.

Dont think MMOs are genre where anyone should look for some ultra deep top stories. Go read War&Peace for that ;P

Magnetia

Advanced Member

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

2/23/13 7:00:48 PM#45
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

No stable characters, no relationship with bad guy, jumpy, confusing and with terrible pacing.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Aerowyn

Novice Member

2/23/13 9:57:04 PM#46
Originally posted by AzurePrower

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Karteli I applaud you for having the endurance to suffer through GW2's story.  I got maybe halfway and was already looking for a new game to play.  Very bad acting, lifeless characters staring off into nothingness, yet somehow engaging in a conversation.  Missions that needed to be zerged via run in do damage, die, run back do damage, die, over and over, until it was complete.   Very sloppy design.   SWTOR has far more gripping storylines, was more immersive, and has better acting.
VO is subjective but I'd say it'shardly worse(and id say much better overall) than most other MMOs with only swtor and TSW being an exception

i don't think many of these people who complain about VO have watched many american dubbed anime.. you want some horrible VO some of those are... well yea..... of course there are exceptions as there have been some good american dubbed anime:)

Trahearne says hi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0W2j-XWR8

i don't have any major problems with Trahearne as a character or his VO.. main issue i have with Trahearne is the story focus shifted more towards him than me towards the end... i liked Tybalt and Sieran 100x better though and wish they were in it through the end instead of Trahearne

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

shingoukieh

Apprentice Member

2/25/13 1:42:40 AM#47

i was human and noble and picked sister. order of whisper

started out great!!!! discovers plots and even went to court etc...felt like you were actually important and royality. By the time i got to the find your lost sister it lost some appeal but wasnt too bad..

order of whisper was ok....some cool missions...

the last chapter was the worst ever...u were second in command

just felt like the flow was one sec im with quinn and he dissapears and now im fighting for the earth...

jpnz

Advanced Member

2/25/13 1:51:46 AM#48
Other than the objectively bad "make no sense" parts, you got no char that was above "I am good guy X or I am bad guy Y"

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Wickedjelly

Novice Member

The Dude abides

2/25/13 5:19:16 AM#49

Incredibly weak portion of the game.

Especially considering how it ends.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search