Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,529 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,174,748
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » NCSoft Earning call conference: GW2 xpac and China release in 2013

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
64 posts found
  PaRoXiTiC

Advanced Member

2/09/13 12:13:58 AM#61
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by Eletheryl
2,9 millions of copies but how many active players the game have?, financially GW2 was a huge success same as D3 with 12 millions of copies, but the player retention for both games was an huge fail, and that is the real problem. But if the people is just happy because NCsoft and Anet are making a lot of money instead of working in a better game for everyone, is ok after all is a B2P game. 

My GF was just telling me "damn commander group going around in a big mob killing every mob!".

Sometimes I wished there was a bit less people.

Elethryl obviously doesn't do Dragon fights or World vs. World.

rodingo

Elite Member

2/09/13 12:31:14 AM#62
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
2,9 millions of copies but how many active players the game have?, financially GW2 was a huge success same as D3 with 12 millions of copies, but the player retention for both games was an huge fail, and that is the real problem. But if the people is just happy because NCsoft and Anet are making a lot of money instead of working in a better game for everyone, is ok after all is a B2P game. 

My GF was just telling me "damn commander group going around in a big mob killing every mob!".

Sometimes I wished there was a bit less people.

Pshhh,...that's easily manipulated in Photoshop using the clone stamp tool ! 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Celcius

Novice Member

2/09/13 3:31:49 AM#63

The game is pretty awesome and has a substantial value. I expect alot of people to buy an expansion for the simple fact that the original game has more value then 99% of singleplayer games if you liked it at all. Some of the people saying they won't even in this thread probably will end up playing again. Thats just how it is with expansions. Yeah sure, they won't sell as many expansions as there is copies of the game sold, but neither can pretty much every other MMO. 

The game is highly successful and people just hate that on these forums. Just a heads up to those guys --usually the people who are attacking something the most are the same guys who feel the most threatened by it. 

Aside from all that, I sorta doubt the expansion will hit this year. I think they will announce it but not officially date it until 2014. I am not sure what the quarters look like for NCSoft though, so Q4 2013 could end in Feb/March 2014 which would make it more reasonable.

User Deleted
2/09/13 4:53:12 AM#64

That goes for ANY MMO in existence except EvE (which makes exact numbers public).

Take WoW fro example. 2,7m MoP sold, but how many people are actually still active? We know that sub =/= active player, China numbers dont affect western servers...yadda...yadda....yadda And if someone actually want to contest this point, please show us WoWs login numbers, or dont even TRY

You can only log into a game and look for yourself, and by all means my server is VERY healthy. And i can hop on 2 other servers anytime anyway (guesting), so (if we disregard money making) all GW2 needs is enough people to fill 1 server

And, just to picture some things, my gaming community that started playing at launch and limited guild number to 150 still has around 90 people loging in daily.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search