Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | Neverwinter

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,843,646 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,498
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » WvW dislike pay for transfer

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  Eir_S

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4700

GW2 socialist.

2/04/13 12:50:49 PM#41
Originally posted by Volkon
Originally posted by Eir_S

You're wrong for a different reason than you stated.  First of all, you said you need to pay for bank slots.  No, actually.. you don't.  It's a gem store service just like any other one and for only a handful of gold depending on transfer rates, you can get it for free.  The ONLY money-only charges for the game are the box and server transfers.  You're still going on and on about nothing.  But you're right, you were wrong.

Does Forsaken World allow you to earn cash shop services through just playing the game like GW2 does?  Don't cast stones from a cheap F2P glass house.

 

Server transfers cost gems as well, so you can get those for free.

Geez, you're right.  So essentially, after all those months of whining, GW2 is a B2P game without even the slightest need to buy with real money.  Notice how all of those people who got so offended by it are now silent?  Yeah, me too.

  Eir_S

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4700

GW2 socialist.

2/04/13 12:56:12 PM#42
Originally posted by Acidon
[mod edit]

Why thanks, I am.

  User Deleted
2/04/13 4:02:14 PM#43
Originally posted by Acidon
[mod edit]

Ehm, this was known before launch, its not their fault people are ignorant.

  korent1991

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/01/09
Posts: 1405

2/05/13 4:49:26 AM#44
Originally posted by Eir_S

You're wrong for a different reason than you stated.  First of all, you said you need to pay for bank slots.  No, actually.. you don't.  It's a gem store service just like any other one and for only a handful of gold depending on transfer rates, you can get it for free.  The ONLY money-only charges for the game are the box and server transfers.  You're still going on and on about nothing.  But you're right, you were wrong.

Does Forsaken World allow you to earn cash shop services through just playing the game like GW2 does?  Don't cast stones from a cheap F2P glass house.

The main thing you were wrong about was that they "announced" 5 months in that a service would become payable.  Maybe you haven't read the scores of other people's posts correcting you, so just in case:

NO THEY DIDN'T.  IT WAS ALWAYS KNOWN THAT IT WOULD BE A PAID SERVICE, YOU JUST DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION AND NO ONE IS TO BLAME BUT YOU.

There we go.

you can still pay gold for server transfers because they cost gems, and you can get gems with gold always :)

So as you said you can get everything for free but the box. :)

Everything else, I agree with you.

 

EDIT: damn, I see someone else posted the exact thing, well.. xD nvm

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

  Eir_S

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4700

GW2 socialist.

2/05/13 8:25:34 AM#45
Yeah, thanks to both people who corrected me.  I only remembered seeing the gem amount on server transfers after I read those posts.  Essentially, if you want to work a little extra and save money, it's doable.. heck, it's not even that hard.  I bought a guaggan backback and the gold to gem transfer rate at the time was only like, maybe 5 gold.  That's easy to make.  You'd save 5 bucks or so just selling the mats in your bank.
  Volkon

Novice Member

Joined: 9/14/10
Posts: 3813

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

2/05/13 8:30:14 AM#46
Originally posted by Eir_S
Yeah, thanks to both people who corrected me.  I only remembered seeing the gem amount on server transfers after I read those posts.  Essentially, if you want to work a little extra and save money, it's doable.. heck, it's not even that hard.  I bought a guaggan backback and the gold to gem transfer rate at the time was only like, maybe 5 gold.  That's easy to make.  You'd save 5 bucks or so just selling the mats in your bank.

If I recall it's a variable rate as well... something like 800 gems to transfer to a low pop server, 1300 or so for in the middle and 1800 to get to a high pop server. But with guesting in place the only reason you'd need a full on transfer is for WvW.

Oderint, dum metuant.

  elitero

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/30/12
Posts: 296

2/05/13 9:57:34 AM#47
  • Medium: 500 Gem.png
  • High: 1000 Gem.png
  • Very High: 1800 Gem.png
 
 
Oh BTW this person is not posting these links of the threads created of the 100s of players mad because there I think 2 threads with like 5 posts lol 
  Volkon

Novice Member

Joined: 9/14/10
Posts: 3813

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

2/05/13 10:56:49 AM#48
Originally posted by elitero
  • Medium: 500 Gem.png
  • High: 1000 Gem.png
  • Very High: 1800 Gem.png
 
 
Oh BTW this person is not posting these links of the threads created of the 100s of players mad because there I think 2 threads with like 5 posts lol 

 

Ah, thanks for that. I'm on a high pop server so was only confident of the 1800 it would take people to get to JQ. 

 

 

Oderint, dum metuant.

  ESSKA

Novice Member

Joined: 11/08/06
Posts: 105

2/05/13 2:48:10 PM#49
Why do people even read what lovely_laly types up. Its always bashing in broken english untill someone calls him/her out then the game isnt so bad.
  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

Joined: 11/02/10
Posts: 736

game is also real

 
OP  2/06/13 8:34:55 AM#50


Originally posted by TCTC
Why do people even read what lovely_laly types up. Its always bashing in broken english untill someone calls him/her out then the game isnt so bad.

feel free to put me to ignore and enjoy your game w/o to know what going on there.

P.S. why someone need to tell all others what to do?

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  Bad.dog

Elite Member

Joined: 5/20/10
Posts: 961

2/06/13 4:17:39 PM#51
Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

 


Originally posted by TCTC
Why do people even read what lovely_laly types up. Its always bashing in broken english untill someone calls him/her out then the game isnt so bad.


feel free to put me to ignore and enjoy your game w/o to know what going on there.

 

P.S. why someone need to tell all others what to do?

Everyone has an opinion ...the problem with the OP was you made statements as facts ...and then you couldn't supply any proof when called on the facts .

P.S. I'm sure if we want to know what's going on in GW2 you being put on ignore really won't effect things one way or the other

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search