Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,569 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,877
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
109 posts found
  Doogiehowser

Novice Member

Joined: 3/14/12
Posts: 1939

1/26/13 11:02:51 AM#61
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by JoeyMMO
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

Wow, great input, make it more like every other trinity game out there. If it doesn't follow the WoW path then it can't be any good, only Wow clones are good. I guess that's why they sold over 3M copies, because the game can't improve without giving up what they had in mind and make it into just another WoW-clone.

Seriously, get real!

Even SWTOR sold lots of boxes. GW2's saving grace is that it has no monthly fee. So you buy it and play it like a console game and your certainly get your money's worth. However, i have played COD and Battlefield games longer that GW2.

if GW2 had monthly subs it would be a different story so i see nothing to brag about 3 million boxes sold of a buy to play game.

However as far as imprving GW2 i don't know if it is an improvement or but if they ever decide to bring GW skill system back to GW2 i know a lot of people personaly who will be very happy. There is a reason why most of our guild went back to GW and still playign it after so many years.

Now imagine how many boxes GW2 would sell if it was called SWTOR and how few boxes SWTOR would sell if it was called GW2.

GW sold 6.5 million boxes last time i checked so not as if GW2 didn't have its fanbase. And if we are just talking about IP popularity considering SW fans tanscend beyond the boundaries of MMOS and video games, they should have shattered world records but they didn't.

IP alone won't be enough to expand a game - it will help the initial sales (just like warhammer, lord of the rings and conan helped) but then the game need to do its part.

And clearly SWTOR wasn't good enough to break the fact MMORPGs is mostly a niche in the west market (outside WoW).

And after the initlal 3 million sales how do you tell for a B2P game if it is doing its part? when it comes to P2P game atleast you can gouge the performance by how many subscribers the game was able to retain after initial box sales.

But like i mentioned earlier, given the size of fan base of GW2 and 6.5 million sales of GW, 3 million is nothing to brag about.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

  Rohn

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/02/08
Posts: 3739

1/26/13 11:05:12 AM#62
Having a meaningful gameworld, and meaningful interactions between players, instead of the soulless, sanitized world, which is broken into several sub-themeparks.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

1/26/13 11:30:46 AM#63
Originally posted by itgrowls
Originally posted by Aerowyn
for me i would create an entire new skillset just for PVP.. then i would take the current weapon skillset and use the current utility system and add that to weapons allowing you to mix and match differn't weapon skills as well. Then i would put in a system to aquire tokens to buy new skills by doing various events and encounters throughout the world.. I would also add in guild halls and completely flesh out the guild system adding in guild skills and equipment and guild activities.

this kind of thing is despirately needed for engineers.

yea they compensate engineers with the toolkits obviously but problem is if you dislike any toolkit like for instance I hate the grenades as I really dislike having 5 gtaoe skills it really makes the class feel more limited... also don't care for elixir builds so it really sort of kills the class for me.. had same issue with nexro.. luckily there's a couple classes i enjoy all the weapon sets

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  eyelolled

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 3086

I am more than some of my parts

1/26/13 11:34:32 AM#64
Originally posted by Rohn
Having a meaningful gameworld, and meaningful interactions between players, instead of the soulless, sanitized world, which is broken into several sub-themeparks.

by meaningful interactions between players, are you referring to OWPvP (a.k.a ganking, greifing, and that sort of thing)?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

  Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

Joined: 5/04/12
Posts: 2589

1/26/13 1:24:33 PM#65
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by JoeyMMO
Originally posted by Alber_gamer

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

Wow, great input, make it more like every other trinity game out there. If it doesn't follow the WoW path then it can't be any good, only Wow clones are good. I guess that's why they sold over 3M copies, because the game can't improve without giving up what they had in mind and make it into just another WoW-clone.

Seriously, get real!

Even SWTOR sold lots of boxes. GW2's saving grace is that it has no monthly fee. So you buy it and play it like a console game and your certainly get your money's worth. However, i have played COD and Battlefield games longer that GW2.

if GW2 had monthly subs it would be a different story so i see nothing to brag about 3 million boxes sold of a buy to play game.

However as far as imprving GW2 i don't know if it is an improvement or but if they ever decide to bring GW skill system back to GW2 i know a lot of people personaly who will be very happy. There is a reason why most of our guild went back to GW and still playign it after so many years.

Now imagine how many boxes GW2 would sell if it was called SWTOR and how few boxes SWTOR would sell if it was called GW2.

GW sold 6.5 million boxes last time i checked so not as if GW2 didn't have its fanbase. And if we are just talking about IP popularity considering SW fans tanscend beyond the boundaries of MMOS and video games, they should have shattered world records but they didn't.

IP alone won't be enough to expand a game - it will help the initial sales (just like warhammer, lord of the rings and conan helped) but then the game need to do its part.

And clearly SWTOR wasn't good enough to break the fact MMORPGs is mostly a niche in the west market (outside WoW).

And after the initlal 3 million sales how do you tell for a B2P game if it is doing its part? when it comes to P2P game atleast you can gouge the performance by how many subscribers the game was able to retain after initial box sales.

But like i mentioned earlier, given the size of fan base of GW2 and 6.5 million sales of GW, 3 million is nothing to brag about.

Not getting people fired for starters.

You can also see the NCSoft financial reports.

 

And GW1 took 5 months to reach 1 million sales. GW2 did 3 millions in the same period.

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

  eyelolled

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 3086

I am more than some of my parts

1/26/13 2:30:54 PM#66
Originally posted by Doogiehowser

 

And after the initlal 3 million sales how do you tell for a B2P game if it is doing its part? when it comes to P2P game atleast you can gouge the performance by how many subscribers the game was able to retain after initial box sales.

But like i mentioned earlier, given the size of fan base of GW2 and 6.5 million sales of GW, 3 million is nothing to brag about.

It's interesting how you accidently used gouge in the same sentence as P2P. Freudian slip perhaps?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

  jpnz

Elite Member

Joined: 6/29/06
Posts: 3544

1/26/13 3:28:30 PM#67

Actually, the best improvement from me is the bloody Trading Post.

I thought the original SWTOR AH was pretty average. Compared to the TP, the SWTOR AH is a modern wonder.

What the heck ANet? My lord is it a steaming pile of STUFF!!

 

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  Doogiehowser

Novice Member

Joined: 3/14/12
Posts: 1939

1/27/13 3:59:25 AM#68
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
 

Not getting people fired for starters.

You can also see the NCSoft financial reports.

 

And GW1 took 5 months to reach 1 million sales. GW2 did 3 millions in the same period.

Yes because GW was virtualy unknown back then and was a surprise hit. GW2 on other hand had  a huge hype build up over the years and a very large  fan base thanks to success of GW. NCSOFT should thank the stars and ANET that they decided to go B2P or we would be discussing about how many subs are left instead of bragging about 3 million box sales.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

  Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

Joined: 5/04/12
Posts: 2589

1/27/13 6:09:01 AM#69
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
 

Not getting people fired for starters.

You can also see the NCSoft financial reports.

 

And GW1 took 5 months to reach 1 million sales. GW2 did 3 millions in the same period.

Yes because GW was virtualy unknown back then and was a surprise hit. GW2 on other hand had  a huge hype build up over the years and a very large  fan base thanks to success of GW. NCSOFT should thank the stars and ANET that they decided to go B2P or we would be discussing about how many subs are left instead of bragging about 3 million box sales.

GW2 was built as B2P title, their costs and revenues were projected as a B2P title.

Sure WoW made tremendous amounts of money during their life.

But how many other P2P games didn't meet their projections in the last few years and closed or had readjustments in their studios (read layoffs)?

A sub isn't needed to make expansions and an expansion cost significantly less to make.

 

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

  User Deleted
1/27/13 9:33:42 AM#70
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
 

Not getting people fired for starters.

You can also see the NCSoft financial reports.

 

And GW1 took 5 months to reach 1 million sales. GW2 did 3 millions in the same period.

Yes because GW was virtualy unknown back then and was a surprise hit. GW2 on other hand had  a huge hype build up over the years and a very large  fan base thanks to success of GW. NCSOFT should thank the stars and ANET that they decided to go B2P or we would be discussing about how many subs are left instead of bragging about 3 million box sales.

When you decide to run marathon and have exquisite results, no "yeah but what about 100m sprint results" are relevant.

  Kuppa

Novice Member

Joined: 9/24/10
Posts: 3443

The problem with censorship is ********

1/27/13 9:37:48 AM#71
@op
It would be nice to see them books upon wvw. More tools for organization and communication.


  ArzhAngel

Novice Member

Joined: 11/02/04
Posts: 428

1/27/13 9:40:06 AM#72

Drop the forced gameplay, add rewards for stuff players do as in adventure, and rvr. Add random unike items. Remove the stealth part or there isant attack system(Daoc), and lower the insant 2h damge and lower the 2h users defence rate, and add a meaning for using shield. And drop the asisan event stuff as Xmes ect.

Its not all but its a start :)

  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Joined: 1/13/10
Posts: 12113

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

1/27/13 9:41:18 AM#73
Letting me play that bird race would improve the game for me. 

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

  azzamasin

Elite Member

Joined: 6/06/12
Posts: 2718

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/27/13 9:50:23 AM#74
  • more skills
  • Untie the rigid weapon skill system and make it identical to the utility system so we can mix and match
  • player housing and a fleshed out "home Instance"
  • more loot drops and more gold drops, remove magic find
  • guild systems instead of a system where only the guild leaders/officers get to take advantage of the influence allow each member to spend earned influence
  • more dungeons
  • make the dragon bosses harder and require more cooperations and team work
  • increase the drop rate on rare items, having to accumalate 250 lodestones that have a .01% drop rate is insane
  • remove the bot farming code.  having to move after 30 mins of farming is insane especially considering theres very few places to farm as is.
  • new weapon armor skins
  • new system to spend your skill points
 
 
Theres alot that can be done to increase the replayability of GW2.  Its an outstanding game but as a PvE'er Ive exhausted most of the content and am on standby mode now.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

  Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/13/10
Posts: 1869

1/27/13 9:53:27 AM#75

WvW

-needs a complete overhall in  concept and design. It needs:

-huge maps

-extensive anti zerg design changes

-elimination of the point system

-elimination of que's

Crafting

-needs to be more than resource gathering and pushing a button

-needs to have predictable sources for all the crafting components.Having to grind for hours for random drops of certain materials is awful.

 

(yes,I've stopped playing the game for the WvW reasons cited above)

  darkhalf357x

Elite Member

Joined: 1/25/12
Posts: 1108

I'm only playing the role chosen for me. Who you supposed to be?

1/27/13 10:45:53 AM#76

More immersive content. Give the NPCs more to say about Tyria.  Give me a reason to (re)visit the zones/towns in the past.   Add collectibles/scavenger hunts.   Add sandpark like elements.   Allow mounts (or at least boats).  Allow travel by water.

I want something that keeps me wanting to run around the world regardless of zone.

  Doogiehowser

Novice Member

Joined: 3/14/12
Posts: 1939

1/29/13 4:56:41 AM#77
Originally posted by mikahr
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
 

Not getting people fired for starters.

You can also see the NCSoft financial reports.

 

And GW1 took 5 months to reach 1 million sales. GW2 did 3 millions in the same period.

Yes because GW was virtualy unknown back then and was a surprise hit. GW2 on other hand had  a huge hype build up over the years and a very large  fan base thanks to success of GW. NCSOFT should thank the stars and ANET that they decided to go B2P or we would be discussing about how many subs are left instead of bragging about 3 million box sales.

When you decide to run marathon and have exquisite results, no "yeah but what about 100m sprint results" are relevant.

Mike O Brian wants to beat WOW and become number one..sorry bro but marathon is long over for GW2. That pipse dream will always be a ..pipe dream.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

  User Deleted
1/29/13 5:03:46 AM#78
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by mikahr
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
 

Not getting people fired for starters.

You can also see the NCSoft financial reports.

 

And GW1 took 5 months to reach 1 million sales. GW2 did 3 millions in the same period.

Yes because GW was virtualy unknown back then and was a surprise hit. GW2 on other hand had  a huge hype build up over the years and a very large  fan base thanks to success of GW. NCSOFT should thank the stars and ANET that they decided to go B2P or we would be discussing about how many subs are left instead of bragging about 3 million box sales.

When you decide to run marathon and have exquisite results, no "yeah but what about 100m sprint results" are relevant.

Mike O Brian wants to beat WOW and become number one..sorry bro but marathon is long over for GW2. That pipse dream will always be a ..pipe dream.

How many MOP sold and how many GW2 sold?

  Doogiehowser

Novice Member

Joined: 3/14/12
Posts: 1939

1/29/13 5:10:31 AM#79
Originally posted by mikahr
How many MOP sold and how many GW2 sold?

First week sales of MOP 2.7 million (i don't know what is total now) and GW2 3 million so far.  And remember MOP is an expansion. By the way Mike O Brain goal is to beat WOW (not one of its little expansion) . His target is to is to beat WOW's total numbers.

“We’re in it to win it this time,” said O’Brien. “We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them.

One has to be really really drinking way too much GW2 cool aid to take what Mike Said seriously. if it was any other company said same thing people would be ripping it apart...oh wait they already did!! ;)

By the way that was a quick reply. I post after 2 days on GW2 forum and you reply with in minutes. Do you live here or something?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

  Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

Joined: 5/04/12
Posts: 2589

1/29/13 5:24:32 AM#80
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by mikahr
How many MOP sold and how many GW2 sold?

First week sales of MOP 2.7 million (i don't know what is total now) and GW2 3 million so far.  And remember MOP is an expansion. By the way Mike O Brain goal is to beat WOW (not one of its little expansion) . His target is to is to beat WOW's total numbers.

“We’re in it to win it this time,” said O’Brien. “We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them.

One has to be really really drinking way too much GW2 cool aid to take what Mike Said seriously. if it was any other company said same thing people would be ripping it apart...oh wait they already did!! ;)

By the way that was a quick reply. I post after 2 days on GW2 forum and you reply with in minutes. Do you live here or something?

MOP is the current WoW.

First week GW2 was 2 millions.

2 millions vs 2.7 million is in the same league.

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search