Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest | Landmark

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,580 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,914
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Official Forums?

10 posts found
  ashleymorrow

Novice Member

Joined: 9/19/10
Posts: 176

 
OP  1/13/13 10:25:56 AM#1
I normally stay far, far away from official forums for a game (which is why I like this site). There is just too much negativity in most cases. Is GW2's any different?
  Eunuchmaker

Novice Member

Joined: 10/08/07
Posts: 203

. . .

1/13/13 10:30:53 AM#2
What?  You come here to stay away from negativity?  I almost spat out my coffee at the screen when I read this.
  botrytis

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 2564

1/13/13 10:37:11 AM#3
Originally posted by Eunuchmaker
What?  You come here to stay away from negativity?  I almost spat out my coffee at the screen when I read this.

This is the most negative site about GW2 I have seen. If it were up to people on this site, the A.Net developers would be tarred and feathered.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  dadante666

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/07/11
Posts: 400

you stop laughing when hear the same joke ,but always cry for the same thing...

1/13/13 10:38:52 AM#4

no ofence but itho you was on drug by write that post...imean in all forum or website theres no negative comment let just call it OWN PERSONAL COMMENT wish is what any individual think of theyr point of view wish in normal case we are all diferent and alwais gonna complain from all the game til the end,cause we as human dont know how to acept think how it is other than alwais try to find something to add .

and yes its sad ^_^ gw2 is great and one of the best game i ever play only think illsay its that it run out of things to do faster unles syou like to do thing over and over again wish in normal case is what we do in all mmo (being realistic) but still ...wating on new content  patch or expantion .

  Scalpless

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/22/07
Posts: 1355

1/13/13 10:43:36 AM#5
The official forums are alright. Their mods are very trigger-happy, but it seems to promote actual discussions instead of endless flame wars.
  Myria

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/07/09
Posts: 550

1/13/13 10:56:47 AM#6
Originally posted by botrytis

This is the most negative site about GW2 I have seen. If it were up to people on this site, the A.Net developers would be tarred and feathered.

The injustice of it all brings a tear to my eye...

  ashleymorrow

Novice Member

Joined: 9/19/10
Posts: 176

 
OP  1/13/13 11:27:16 AM#7
LOL :). OK, there might be some truth to what you all are saying. I guess I simply trust this community to give me honest opinions and feedback. If / when someone is overly negative I tend to pick up on it fairly quickly and move on to the next post.
  Malevil

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/10
Posts: 477

1/13/13 11:29:56 AM#8
Originally posted by ashleymorrow
I normally stay far, far away from official forums for a game (which is why I like this site). There is just too much negativity in most cases. Is GW2's any different?

Why dont you check it yourself ? You dont need account to do it. You believe others ppl opinion more than your own ?

  cptndunsel

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/26/12
Posts: 128

1/13/13 7:37:19 PM#9

anet mods are very heavy handed, banning people for making posts to their forums for any or no reason. Its gotten very idiotic such that people have to preface their comments with garbage like "I really love the game and this is not a complaint..." just to question how a mechanic works or why end game is missing from the game etc.

Anything posted to their forums can and often is quickly deleted if anet mods don't like the tone or the question.

So - to answer your question - no, their forum is not overly negative as they won't allow constructive dialogue. I view the bulk of their forums as totally worthless now - a refuge for fanbois and syncophants versus a place to discuss the game as you never know what the anet mods will take offense to... so why bother posting anything of any value?

  ashleymorrow

Novice Member

Joined: 9/19/10
Posts: 176

 
OP  1/14/13 2:01:24 PM#10
Originally posted by cptndunsel

anet mods are very heavy handed, banning people for making posts to their forums for any or no reason. Its gotten very idiotic such that people have to preface their comments with garbage like "I really love the game and this is not a complaint..." just to question how a mechanic works or why end game is missing from the game etc.

Anything posted to their forums can and often is quickly deleted if anet mods don't like the tone or the question.

So - to answer your question - no, their forum is not overly negative as they won't allow constructive dialogue. I view the bulk of their forums as totally worthless now - a refuge for fanbois and syncophants versus a place to discuss the game as you never know what the anet mods will take offense to... so why bother posting anything of any value?

 

I've also seen this happen in other games (not just MMOs) and it's one of the reasons I prefer "neutral ground" forums as it were like these here. 

Yeah, you are going to have your haters and fan boys and trolls, but it is fairly easy to spot them. When people are allowed to speak freely without fear of recrimination there is always going to be some white noise, but also a lot of helpful advice. ymmv