Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,733 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,718
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » analyst: Q4 2012 said to be a great quarter for ncsoft

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  aionix

Novice Member

1/12/13 1:47:56 PM#21
Originally posted by Fluxii

You barely see anyone looking for PUG's in LA and overflow anymore at peak times.  And overflow takes about 2 seconds to get out of if there is one (and I'm on one of the busier, well, highest ranked servers).

But keep telling yourselves there's TONS of people playing and dumping money into the game...

No, as an above poster said... that was a one time huge injection.   Sure money will still trickle in, but the HUGE sale they had on the game alone over the holiday showed they were trying to grab as many players as they could already.  That's a big cut into their profits if they didn't need the people.

In a conversation the other day, a bunch of people were going back and forth about the game and one thing someone said struck me as funny...

"at launch I would have given the game a 4.5/5, now I'd give it a 3/5 at best".  How does that happen?  All they've done is added things?  Yet you like the game less now?  Maybe the game wasn't all that in the first place.

I like the game, I just hate the Fanboi's that for the last year and STILL have to keep trying to prove SO HARD something about this game that just isn't there.

EDIT for speilin

I agre with what you said except you forgot to take into account why people are talking less in LA.  This right here:

http://gw2lfg.com/

With the ability to get people cross server, its quicker than spamming LA chat looking for PUGs.  This tool should be incorporated into the game, sadly the servers are cut off from one another communication wise for PvE and that is a design flaw.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/12/13 11:31:35 PM#22
Originally posted by Fluxii

You barely see anyone looking for PUG's in LA and overflow anymore at peak times.  And overflow takes about 2 seconds to get out of if there is one (and I'm on one of the busier, well, highest ranked servers).

But keep telling yourselves there's TONS of people playing and dumping money into the game...

No, as an above poster said... that was a one time huge injection.   Sure money will still trickle in, but the HUGE sale they had on the game alone over the holiday showed they were trying to grab as many players as they could already.  That's a big cut into their profits if they didn't need the people.

In a conversation the other day, a bunch of people were going back and forth about the game and one thing someone said struck me as funny...

"at launch I would have given the game a 4.5/5, now I'd give it a 3/5 at best".  How does that happen?  All they've done is added things?  Yet you like the game less now?  Maybe the game wasn't all that in the first place.

I like the game, I just hate the Fanboi's that for the last year and STILL have to keep trying to prove SO HARD something about this game that just isn't there.

EDIT for speilin

Most everyone is using GW2LFG.com

I can get a dungeon group within a minute thanks to this handy web site.  They even have an IOS App now too.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search