Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,673 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,501
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Am I wasting my time?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
37 posts found
  Citalss

Novice Member

OP  1/07/13 2:10:03 PM#21

Hardly overrated.

It causes players to feel some importance instead of just hitting for high numbers. It's always fun to heal and feel important.

bcbully

Elite Member

1/07/13 2:22:47 PM#22
Originally posted by Volkon
Here's a review from someone (Athene Wins) that got bored early with Guild Wars 2. If you didn't feel the game right away, well, here you go.

Who was his target for this video? New players? I just don't think old players will buy it. It's the whole "Your playing hte game wrong. You must be confused." thing.

bcbully

Elite Member

1/07/13 2:28:42 PM#23
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by Citalss

Just did my first dungeon, and it's safe to say.. Goodbye Guild wars2

They really have ruined PVE by removing the trio (Imo anyway)

It was just a death and button mash fest. Dungeons are an unorganised mess...

Guess I'll just have to wait for Age of wulin

To all the people who uninstalled the game - why comment - say you didn't like it and move on - please.

To Citalss, it sounds like you won't like that game either. If you want the holy trio (which is overrated makes makes for a simple game mechanics) - go to Rift.

There's certainly tanks in AoW, in a loose since. The rest are support though. Pills do the healing, if your playing well.

Cod_Eye

Advanced Member

1/07/13 2:30:23 PM#24
GW2 is like a treadmill, you keep running and burning energy, but not got any further.

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Cod-Eye-Ragnarok[/video]

BeansnBread

Elite Member

1/07/13 2:33:59 PM#25
Originally posted by Cod_Eye
GW2 is like a treadmill, you keep running and burning energy, but not got any further.

GW2 is the opposite of a treadmill. You don't need to keep running and burn energy to remain competitive.

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

User Deleted
1/07/13 2:35:55 PM#26

Well it is impossible to say really as it differs from person to person. I found the whole thing disappointing really and uninstalled the game after 4-5 weeks, it just didn't do it for me at all. But others are clearly still playing and enjoying it for far longer than that. I guess you will just have to grind it out and find out for yourself which camp you will fall into at the end.

But to answer your question you can look forward to:

Grinding dungeons for tokens.

Grinding DE's/ORR.

Grinding gold.

Grinding legendaries.

Absolutely terrible WvWvW (in my opinion, others no doubt enjoy it).

To be fair though, given you have acutally paid for it and it is just B2P, why the worry? Just progress as and when you fancy a blast at it, so you can have a max level toon to mess about with when they release new content. For me the game seems set up to be played in such a way, not to be played non stop (so to speak) like a typical mmo. If anything that is perhaps where it is being the most "innovative". 

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

1/07/13 2:35:56 PM#27
Originally posted by PieRad

If you're having fun right now, then no... You're not wasting your time.

If you're not enjoying the game right now, and are only lvl'ing to reach end game, then yes, you are wasting your time.

This sums it up quite nicely.

asmkm22

Elite Member

1/07/13 2:37:33 PM#28
As a PvP focused game, it has about as much depth as you get from a CoD game.  As a result, it's arguably not even a reall MMO, in that it has very little to do other than the basic PvP zerging.

You make me like charity

Kuppa

Novice Member

The problem with censorship is ********

1/07/13 2:51:31 PM#29
Originally posted by bcbully
Here's a review from someone (Athene Wins) that got bored early with Guild Wars 2. If you didn't feel the game right away, well, here you go.

Who was his target for this video? New players? I just don't think old players will buy it. It's the whole "Your playing hte game wrong. You must be confused." thing.

I think it's players not familiar with GW2 and/or WoW players.

Ginaz

Hard Core Member

1/07/13 2:54:22 PM#30

Sorry, I don't need to take advice on how to ejoy a game "properly"  from that guy.  Google "Athene" and "WoW" and you'll see what kind of person this sefl proclaimed "best gamer in the world" is.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

SirFubar

Advanced Member

1/07/13 4:09:41 PM#31

That's what happen when you PuG with bad players. If you can't beat a dungeon without someone died a single time, you obviously don't know the dungeons, all the mechanics of the game, how to properly utilise combos, people in your group don't know how to play/build they profession properly and etc. Sure its an unorganised mess when dones by bad players, its the complete opposite when you know what you're doing with a good group.

Originally posted by asmkm22
As a PvP focused game, it has about as much depth as you get from a CoD game.  As a result, it's arguably not even a reall MMO, in that it has very little to do other than the basic PvP zerging.

Most PvP features might not be there yet, but they will. I won't comment on your CoD reference because its just some nonsense. How its not a real MMO? Very little to do other than basic PvP zerging?? Lol you couldn't be more wrong. Sure the sPvP is only a big zerg fest...

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

1/07/13 4:19:10 PM#32
I have been playing on and off since launch and my engineer is only level 43 now. I want to like the game so bad, but I just can't get into it at all. Unlike the others, I will not uninstall it because I am hoping it will grab me at some point. Right now I am bouncing between Lotro, GW2 and AoC. But, I will never give up on GW2. I am sure it will be great someday.
  Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

1/07/13 5:04:44 PM#33
Originally posted by bigsmiff
I have been playing on and off since launch and my engineer is only level 43 now. I want to like the game so bad, but I just can't get into it at all. Unlike the others, I will not uninstall it because I am hoping it will grab me at some point. Right now I am bouncing between Lotro, GW2 and AoC. But, I will never give up on GW2. I am sure it will be great someday.

Try warrior, guardian or elementalist.

Engineer without kits can be boring.

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

1/07/13 5:10:52 PM#34
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by bigsmiff

Try warrior, guardian or elementalist.

Engineer without kits can be boring.

I tried warrior and elementalist. I really wanted to play engineer because that's what I was in the ARMY.  I might try guardian now though...thanks

evolver1972

Novice Member

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

1/07/13 5:25:20 PM#35

Only because your team was....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Maephisto

Novice Member

1/08/13 11:21:31 PM#36

Seriously.......

It's like shoveling shit against the tide.

Yes, OP, you are wasting your time. 

Maephisto

Novice Member

1/08/13 11:30:21 PM#37

lol.....you quit GW2 because you just got your ass kicked by some PvE content, not because of poor mechanics or lack of the trinity.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search