Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,294 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,590
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » PvP » Will there be dueling?

6 posts found
  Nacario

Novice Member

The real world is roleplay and background noise

OP  1/07/13 2:46:17 AM#1

I truly believe GW2 is a great game, especially compared with todays MMORPG market, not to mention the level of detail Anet has put down with this game.

While they have a trong focus on structured PvP, I wonder if they've ever given any info about implementing dueling? I really dont understand why they haven't added this feature. It would be perfect in the Mist. Has there been any official words on this?

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/07/13 2:56:50 AM#2
Nope, the devs stated several times there will never be dueling because your enemy is out in the field and like most games, 1v1 means nothing so why would they support it.  Doesnt mean you cant duel using the sPvP maps though. 

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Nefera

Novice Member

1/07/13 3:11:07 AM#3

Actually no, the devs have stated that dueling is something that they would want to do, however there has been no official confirmation, nor any time frame for it. So, it is not impossible that we will see duels in the future. They have stated, though, that open world pvp in pve areas will not happen.

Edit: source: http://www.mygw2.com/esclusive-interview-with-eric-flannum-and-jon-peters.html

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

1/07/13 3:36:51 AM#4
Actually, glad to hear they left this out. Currently playing some Aion and quite regularly someone will randomly challenge me to a duel and all I can think of is go out and find some Asmos to smack down you idiot and stop wasting my time.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Nacario

Novice Member

The real world is roleplay and background noise

OP  1/07/13 3:41:11 AM#5
Originally posted by Kyleran
Actually, glad to hear they left this out. Currently playing some Aion and quite regularly someone will randomly challenge me to a duel and all I can think of is go out and find some Asmos to smack down you idiot and stop wasting my time.

Yeah that makes perfect sense, hence why it would make even more sense to have a restricted area in the Mist (where PvP interested folks are heading towards) that allows dueling. This game isnt about 1v1, but learning how to cope in 1v1 would strengthen you in teamplay. by mastering the oposing classes.

Indrome

Novice Member

This is like trying to drive straight through Schroedinger's minefield!

1/07/13 3:45:14 AM#6

Once the guild training zones (read: private sPvP maps) are out, this should take care of itself.

As for dueling outside of PvP zones (i.e. in cities and whatnot): Wouldn't especially mind, but please don't.