Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,024 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,441
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » PvP » WvW February update

1 posts found
  skorner64

Apprentice Member

OP  1/04/13 4:29:44 AM#1

Let me start off by saying I LOVE Guild Wars 2, from the graphics to the gameplay, PVE, PVP and everything in between…But I haven’t played in months. The sole reason for me not playing anymore is do to my favorite part WvW, missing consequence or meaning.

I love pvp games with risk v reward, meaning battles that reward the winner with the spoils of victory and give the loser a stinging loss that motivates them to get better, improve tactics and extract revenge.

Guild Wars 2 WvW while being the best seige mechanics and most smooth feeling pvp combat I have ever played, lacks these features that I crave. The pvp is FUN, but it does not give any sense of meaning or conseuqnce for constantly taking or defending these keeps. A scoreboard with tiny small bonuses to your home server is NOT the kind of reward I was looking for.

Let me make it clear I DO NOT want to be handed an item that will give me any advantage over the other team from taking a keep. But I do want to feel a sense of accomplishment after an epic battle, more than maybe keeping the keep for 10mins before we lose it again.

I know Guild Wars 2 is not the type of game that can give a stiff consequence to the losers nor a large reward to the winners, since it is catering to many casual players. Also they can not make it so the capturing side gets to have the keep uncontested for long because it would break up the non-stop push/pull action.

But after watching this video, http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/12/18/guildcenter-121712-special-guests-habib-loew-matt-witter-anet-wvw-devs/

The two devs mention that the update in February involves progression & rewards to keep people motivated in WvW.  What do you think these might be?