Trending Games | ArcheAge | Swordsman | World of Warcraft | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,747 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,189,046
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » How do people level so fast?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
27 posts found
  Crusix221

Novice Member

OP  12/26/12 9:54:20 AM#1
My current lvl 22 character, I've probably spent about 15-18 hours and hes only that far. How is that people have gotten characters to lvl 35+ in a day? Or even Max level in just a few? Am I missing a fast way to gain exp? I do hearts, gathering, story line quests, eat food and even use XP pots here and there. I'm also an elementalist and can AOE 4-5 mobs at a time with no downtime. Whats goin on here?
  botrytis

Advanced Member

12/26/12 9:56:16 AM#2
Originally posted by Crusix221
My current lvl 22 character, I've probably spent about 15-18 hours and hes only that far. How is that people have gotten characters to lvl 35+ in a day? Or even Max level in just a few? Am I missing a fast way to gain exp? I do hearts, gathering, story line quests, eat food and even use XP pots here and there. I'm also an elementalist and can AOE 4-5 mobs at a time with no downtime. Whats goin on here?

Crafting can get you leveled very quickly.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

User Deleted
12/26/12 10:03:39 AM#3

Dynamic events, instances, WvW. But if this is your first character, you will be slower because you are enjoying the process and learning.

Maephisto

Novice Member

12/26/12 1:23:21 PM#4

Since you are level 22 I can give you one tip. 

When you reach ~ lvl 35, get a couple XP and kill streak boosters.  Then go to hirathi hinterlands.  Kill everything in sight.  There is a DE chain that resets frequently in a mob dense area (the chain leading to killing the centaur king/leader).  It is located in the NE quadrant of the map. 

You will level really fast this way.

Maybe other can chime in, but try to level in zones that are more dense with mobs/hearts/DE's.  Areas link sparfly are pretty dense while places like Mt. Maelstrom are sparse and difficult to navigate.

Use this site to check out all the areas.  GW2cartographer.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

12/26/12 1:23:29 PM#5

Some forum posters lie about it in attempts to make the game appear bad, others actually get alts levelled that quickly with a good bit of gold and craft there way there. The game is designed through normal play to take an estimated hour to hour and a half per level once you hit about 20ish.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Zalmon

Apprentice Member

12/26/12 1:25:43 PM#6

The leveling in GW2 by design is quick. that is why players level so fast.

Br3akingDawn

Hard Core Member

12/30/12 8:26:33 PM#7

Lvl 22 in 15-18hrs isnt bad at all..... thats at least a lvl an hour. Those that lvl really fast might be also doing crafting and have more mats than you since they are on their 2nd chracter or have support form their guild and can craft craft craft. Just try to not get distracted from the beautiful world and finish your maps and be on the constant move. Leveling is actually pretty fast with gw2, also make sure to do your PS along the way for some quick lvls.

User Deleted
12/30/12 8:32:19 PM#8
It's doesn't take very long to level in GW2. Couple that with a few cash shop boosters and you'll skyrocket right to the top.
  Marirranya

Novice Member

12/30/12 8:43:08 PM#9
i think im slow too heh xD

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

dorksmetal

Apprentice Member

12/30/12 8:43:25 PM#10
dont do hearts or map comptetion. events are way faster mixed with crafting and the hearts you complet naturally with the events. i have 5 max toons the fastest i was able to do it was 2 days. wvw isnt viable for fast leveling anymore. start doing story quests on the 7's (ie level 7,17,27..ect) they should take you to the next 10 point. and go to the next area. you can work on map completion and give you more to do at max.

KingJiggly

Novice Member

Definition for innovation is below. Your welcome.

12/30/12 8:58:54 PM#11
Yeah, with 150+ hours invested my highest lvl toon is 58... Lol

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innovation

Meriik

Apprentice Member

12/30/12 9:01:57 PM#12
Leveling is far too fast to begin with, why would you want to level faster?
  PaRoXiTiC

Advanced Member

12/30/12 10:24:37 PM#13
Playing from the start made very very easy for me to level to 80 in about a week. I mean, everywhere you went there were 3 or 4 events going on at all times. It was like a non stop EXP chain of events all day everyday.
  Finit

Novice Member

12/30/12 10:27:07 PM#14

Crafting got my brother on an alt from 1-80  in a single weekend with only much less than expected playtime.

If you prefer not to craft, you do indeed level a lot quicker with a friend or two.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

User Deleted
12/30/12 10:29:21 PM#15
Doing the daily achievement will get you a lot of bonus xp too and you can do it at any level.
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

12/30/12 11:38:22 PM#16
But ask yourself, what's your hurry to level, there's not much to do at the top once you get there. Enjoy the ride until then.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

12/31/12 1:25:44 AM#17
Two months later and I am only level 56 lol. People who level up quickly usually play a lot, something like 4-8 hours a day.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Br3akingDawn

Hard Core Member

12/31/12 1:56:29 AM#18
the truth is just play at YOUR pace and enjoy the game. If others level too fast, then THEY need to slow down so they can play with you. ;)

spizz

Apprentice Member

12/31/12 5:27:53 AM#19

People who really level fast used hacks, wandering around with speed hacks under the map to gain area points and other stuff. But crafting will level you up quiete fast. Donno if those botter and hacker got removed already from the game and they actually did implement a better anti cheat protection, in the first weeks after release GW2 had issues here and I dont play anymore. Have fun ingame.

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

12/31/12 5:58:21 AM#20

Don't think that you're doing it wrong because others are leveling faster. They probably don't do the map completion and only do the story quests that are really worth it for the xp. If you team up with a fixed group you can kill faster while still getting all of the rewards. If you're solo, you're solo. There is no wrong way of leveling if you're having fun doing it.

The fastest to level 80 got there through crafting with the help of guildmates providing the mats. If reaching level 80 in a minimum of time is some kind of goal for you, then you should be looking into crafting.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search