Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,953 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,116
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Angry Joe: Guild Wars 2 is #1 game of 2012!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
58 posts found
  Po_gg

Elite Member

12/30/12 9:06:12 AM#41
Originally posted by Ginaz
Why is he angry?

Because he heard of Pirate101 maybe :)

Jokes aside a buddy of mine is a huge fan, he used to send me the AJ review links of games we both play. Most of the time I disagree with Joe's scores... but that's just imo, different views to everyone I guess.

On the other hand, his style and lines are funny, the ME3 review for example was hilarious :)

Mothanos

Elite Member

12/30/12 9:21:38 AM#42

Angry Joe is one hell of a guy, if your not a hating scrub with no life you should check him out, he always make me laugh with his revieuws.
But then again there is so mucn envy and hate on the forums and ingame in todays world that it doesnt suprise me to read reactions from people who seem to bash any post they are not interested in.

Internet warriors and trolls comming out as they dont care yet are inside any post to show how much they dont care.
2013 seems to increase these scrubs even more.
New generation and all.

Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

12/30/12 9:31:20 AM#43
I guess you'll find find one thing less important than what Angry Joe says... and that is what Pokket says.
  Malvious

Apprentice Member

12/30/12 9:42:53 AM#44

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

12/30/12 9:45:41 AM#45
Originally posted by Scarfe
sincerely Phil Collins.  Direct your hate mail to him. 

I was there and I saw what you did.  I saw it with my own two eyes.

Cue Iron Mike on the drums...but watch his teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKX9bCQp7q0

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

12/30/12 9:58:07 AM#46
Originally posted by Cromica
Never heard of him

one of the best, less biased, more accurate reviewers on the net. CHeck out his youtube channel, Angry joe show. Always makes really good points (or at least most of the time) in a comic-ish yet serious / straight to the point way.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

12/30/12 10:06:36 AM#47
Originally posted by Thebigbopper
 If he was Happy Joe i'd be more likely to believe him.

so you are one of those who believe happy hyper developers even when they deliver crap and want you to pay for them? ...Being happy doesnt mean you're telling the truth, thats the easiest way to trick someone to believe the lie (like developers do lately) lol

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

Maephisto

Novice Member

12/30/12 3:31:58 PM#48

You did Joe no favors bringing his video here.  He may gather a handful of new viewers from here, his vids are pretty good.  On the other hand, because he voted GW2 GOTY, you just gave him a good deal of life time haters and maladjusted folk.

I guess views are views, though.

MaxJac

Novice Member

12/30/12 3:32:24 PM#49
Originally posted by Sciva
[mod edit]

Anet is a company. Of course the money is the aim. Companies are amoral, not moral. The people however are moral. Perhaps some of their morals are that money should be the goal, to take care of the team. Perhaps some are just in it to make people smile, but those people need the ones who want to make money. If a company is making a lot of money it is because a lot of people are paying them, so there is a market that is being filled. It may just not be yours.

Siphaed

Elite Member

OP  12/30/12 3:39:36 PM#50

Originally posted by Yamota
He's a funny guy but does not know much about MMORPGs. He is mostly into console games and such.
Originally posted by Kyleran

Shrug...he plays console games, single player PC titles etc,  makes him a MMORPG tourist in my eyes, not a purist, therefore what he thinks makes a great MMORPG is probably quite a bit different from my view.

That said, GW2 is the best new MMO (not MMORPG) in 2012 compared to titles such as SWTOR, TERA and TSW, but c'mon, 10/10, can't take that serious as it implies there is no room for improvement, which I haven't really even heard the most rabid GW2 defenders state.

Are you both sure about that?  I mean that if he was really a console-only obsessed fan, then wouldn't something like Halo 4 or Dishonored had been #1.  To the contrary, not only is there a PC based MMORPG as #1, but there's 2 others that are also up on that Top 10 list:  Hawken and Planetside 2. 

Now, I'm sorry that you both do not agree with his opinion or that of other people that actually like this game.  However, he (Angry Joe) and all those other fans can then disagree with your opinion.  That's the great thing about opinions: everyone has one and it's never wrong to them.

Also, even if he was only a console-loving, non-MMORPG player....it's kind of a great thing that Guild Wars 2 attracted him into the genre.  The developers originally said, "If you love MMOs, you'll want to check out Guild Wars 2, and if you hate MMOs, you'll really want to check out Guild Wars 2."  That's how they aimed the game towards: Not nessessarily to the elite hardcore that other games have a developed catch to, but instead towards the casuals, normals, and non-MMOers.

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

12/30/12 7:07:22 PM#51
I loved his review of Assassin's Creed 3... someone finally dinged them on those blinding and annoying white screens, and the immersion-shattering futuristic seqments.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

KhinRunite

Novice Member

12/31/12 5:52:17 AM#52

Angry Joe's peg kinda loses its meaning when he reviews positive games. For those unfamiliar with i suggest you watch his rants on the following games:

- Fable 2

- Fable 3

- Mass Effect 3

- Marvel vs Capcom 3

- Ultimate MvC 3

- Battleship

- Star Wars Kinect

- Sonic Freeriders (his most despised title)

I find him funny and agreeable overall. Even when he reviews good games he makes funny parodies about them. I watch his videos for entertainment, if nothing else. I's not like I really need to hear his opinions to judge whether I should get a game or not, but he touches on really good points.

Nekky_Fate

Novice Member

12/31/12 2:10:22 PM#53
Who?
  Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

12/31/12 5:58:17 PM#54
Originally posted by KhinRunite

Angry Joe's peg kinda loses its meaning when he reviews positive games. For those unfamiliar with i suggest you watch his rants on the following games:

- Fable 2

- Fable 3

- Mass Effect 3

- Marvel vs Capcom 3

- Ultimate MvC 3

- Battleship

- Star Wars Kinect

I find him funny and agreeable overall. Even when he reviews good games he makes funny parodies about them. I watch his videos for entertainment, if nothing else. I's not like I really need to hear his opinions to judge whether I should get a game or not, but he touches on really good points.

The slightly good game on that whole list is ME3, and that's debatable. Everything else on his show is spot on. I love how he is relictant to give 8s, 9s, and 10s, and I especially love when he rips into a popular game that actually is sucky when you play it. So, can you cite some things you specifically agree with?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

12/31/12 5:59:06 PM#55
Originally posted by Nekky_Fate
Who?

Youtube's top game reviewer.

KhinRunite

Novice Member

12/31/12 7:01:14 PM#56
Originally posted by Souldrainer

- Fable 2

- Fable 3

- Mass Effect 3

- Marvel vs Capcom 3

- Ultimate MvC 3

- Battleship

- Star Wars Kinect

The slightly good game on that whole list is ME3, and that's debatable. Everything else on his show is spot on. I love how he is relictant to give 8s, 9s, and 10s, and I especially love when he rips into a popular game that actually is sucky when you play it. So, can you cite some things you specifically agree with?

I don't have a 360 so the games I can relate with him are multiplats and PC exclusives.

The things he mentioned about Fable 3 were also the ones I noticed when I played it, and that was waaay before I've ever heard of him. I hated the sanctuary, hated the map system, noticed the imbalance in melee, ranged, and magic systems. I didn't finish the game.

I also agree with his review of LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs. Of course there's also GW2. He didn't originally enjoy that  much MMORPG, but it was part of GW2's hook in the first place to get non MMO players in the genre. As a person who doesn't view MMOs as life in my fantasy world I have formed basically the same opinion as his with regards to this game. GW2 solved my basic gripes in my past MMOs and that's good enough for me for now.

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

12/31/12 7:17:28 PM#57
Originally posted by Souldrainer

- Fable 2

- Fable 3

- Mass Effect 3

- Marvel vs Capcom 3

- Ultimate MvC 3

- Battleship

- Star Wars Kinect

I don't have a 360 so the games I can relate with him are multiplats and PC exclusives.

The things he mentioned about Fable 3 were also the ones I noticed when I played it, and that was waaay before I've ever heard of him. I hated the sanctuary, hated the map system, noticed the imbalance in melee, ranged, and magic systems. I didn't finish the game.

I also agree with his review of LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs. Of course there's also GW2. He didn't originally enjoy that  much MMORPG, but it was part of GW2's hook in the first place to get non MMO players in the genre. As a person who doesn't view MMOs as life in my fantasy world I have formed basically the same opinion as his with regards to this game. GW2 solved my basic gripes in my past MMOs and that's good enough for me for now.

The word was supposed to be "disagree", but being on my droid and all, it autocorrected. Honestly, I liked this response bettee than the other one I would have gotten. I do agree about GW2. They canned a lot of old tired MMO tropes, and it went well. They still have the FOTM trope, and they still use that old school guild creation system, (like most MMOs), but for $40, and no more fees, thess gripes can be tolerated. [ end of paragraph- thanks droid ] I find all of this ironic on a personal level, because I never hyped it, and didn't even pick it up until just recently. The game is awesoke though!

Fion

Novice Member

forums.3305local.com

We are recruiting.

1/09/13 2:55:25 PM#58

Angry Joe is one of my favorite 'youtubers'. His reviews are generally spot on with me and he has absolutely no problem completely trashing a game or the company that made it if he wants... unlike most of the "gaming press" that fall over themselves to praise even the worst games just because it's all an inside game. His rating system is organic and realistic. Games that get an 8-10 are great games, good games can get a 5-7 and any game under a five he won't recommend, and he is willing to give the shitty games very low ratings. For this reason I rely on his reviews above almost all others. That and his special fx use is always great, he's funny as hell and he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

As to his list, I'm pretty much 1/1 with him on this one, save a few differences based on games I did or didn't play.

1: Guild Wars 2

2: Mass Effect 3 (ONLY with the MEHEM mod!)

3: Dishonored

4: Borderlands 2

5: XCOM: EU

6: Torchlight 2

7: Football Manager 2013

8: Planetside 2

9: Max Payne 3

10: FTL

I could 'easily' go to 20, but thats my top 10. It's certainly been one hell of a great year for PC gaming.

I have yet to play Hawken or Walking Dead. I have heard great things of TWD but I bloody hate the tv show. Why? Because I think it's a soap opera with cliched, often poorly acted characters and shit writing compared to the brilliant comic.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search