Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,902 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,125
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Guild Wars 2 - The best way to play

9 posts found
  Orange_Z

Novice Member

OP  12/13/12 6:39:51 AM#1

Guild Wars 2 is an awesome project , but do you play now, after 3 months after release ? 

Do you stop playing until adding of a new content ? Or do you play all of your time without a breaks ?

Is there something what keeps you comming back for more ? Or is this game too boring for giving a second chance to the game ?

As for me, I think its the best game ever for spending free-time with your friends, but its difficult to play in Guild Wars 2 without a little breaks :) It's a game for rest, not for work

Naral

Advanced Member

12/13/12 6:47:20 AM#2

My wife and I finally just sort of quit playing, not really intentionally, just began to lack the desire to log in anymore, and sort of went out with a fizzle. Exactly like we did in SWTOR.

DMKano

Elite Member

12/13/12 6:52:37 AM#3

The best way to play is whatever is fun for each person at that point in time :)

The lack of feeling attached to my character combined with lack of skill progression kept me away after I hit 80. I just felt done with the game without any real pull to go back and play more, so I just moved on to different games, 

Last time I logged on was October, haven't touched the game since, lots of other stuff to play -storm legion, Planetside 2, now TSW, also EQ1, Vanguard.... 

Archeage beta starts in Jan.... So much stuff is around the corner that there's not enough time.

Maybe one day ill come back to GW2, the option is always there. Maybe not, I quit WoW for example before Burning Crusade launched 6 years ago, I never went back, still have no desire to play.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

12/13/12 6:58:30 AM#4

I'm finally easing off a bit on WvW and getting back to PvE. I've gone a different path, taking a ranger through the Order of Whispers path (as well as running up the eastern map through Charr lands) and I'm surprised at the stuff I missed the first time through with my mesmer. Zones I've been through already have events I've never seen so far, and a couple I haven't are all fresh. It's a huge freakin' world... just go explore.

Oh, and the Wintersday content releases tomorrow... another distraction from my PvE. In a good way, of course. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

hikaru77

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 6:59:44 AM#5
I played for like 15 days, then quit.  I´ll be back if they finally make some decent PvP, now is just too casual, easy and boring. I dont really care too much about the PvE, from my point of view is just  bad copy of warhammer and rift. 
  drtack1

Advanced Member

12/13/12 7:02:32 AM#6

I enjoyed the game alot the first few months!  Played non stop lol! I have 3 lvl 80's..........I was taking a break from work (looking for a new contract) and finally signed a contract and started working again and I just kind of.....stopped playing. I have logged back in a few times and did some WvW, but I just cannot seem to get back into it. 

I have been playing a FireFall, and played the AoW beta....but honestly the past few week I have spent more time playing "Photoshop/Illustrator" then I have any video game. Myabe sub conciously my mind is telling me I should get back into graphic design and leave the software consultant industry?

lol.........who knows.

Bad.dog

Elite Member

12/13/12 3:29:24 PM#7
Originally posted by hikaru77
I played for like 15 days, then quit.  I´ll be back if they finally make some decent PvP, now is just too casual, easy and boring. I dont really care too much about the PvE, from my point of view is just  bad copy of warhammer and rift. 

You should check your own post history before making a post like this ....now I'll never be sure when your telling the truth ?

" Logon yesterday on my ¨full server¨, but ingame the game was petty much dead, less than 5 players on the myst, 6 Spvp games running and a PvE world just empty"

cujo603

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 3:45:18 PM#8
I still play it like a single player game with the ability to team for wvw.  I have yet to team at all in pve
  eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

12/13/12 3:56:07 PM#9
Originally posted by Bad.dog
Originally posted by hikaru77

You should check your own post history before making a post like this ....now I'll never be sure when your telling the truth ?

" Logon yesterday on my ¨full server¨, but ingame the game was petty much dead, less than 5 players on the myst, 6 Spvp games running and a PvE world just empty"

I play it like I want at the time. If I want easy time burner - map completion. If I want casual but good pace - DE grinding. If I want more difficult - dungeons. I save WvW for party's and guild nights. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.