Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Shroud of the Avatar | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,288 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,420
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » [Poll] Will You Buy the First GW2 Xpac?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
68 posts found
  Ginaz

Hard Core Member

12/12/12 5:33:26 PM#21
Nope, esp. now that TSW has gone B2P, too.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

12/12/12 5:53:29 PM#22
Nope. Didn't have fun with the game as it was and the things that didn't make it fun are the base components, specially the combat (far to clunky/simple for ym liking)  in the game, so the likelyhood of that being changed at all is slim to none. 
  Badaboom

Hard Core Member

12/12/12 5:57:15 PM#23
If darkfall uw ever comes out I probably won't buy a gw2 expansion. 
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

12/12/12 6:01:27 PM#24
Originally posted by livespartan
Hell YES

You beat me to it, but I'll second the Hell YES!

Curse you AquaScum!

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/12/12 6:07:13 PM#25
No I love my mass pvp first, more than satisfied with ps2 (though WvW was a good effort)

If only gw2 had released 2003 - 2011 would have been my goty any of those.
  aerinndis

Novice Member

12/12/12 7:44:06 PM#26
Yes. I am sure I will. I'm still enjoying the game very much.
  Wickedjelly

Novice Member

The Dude abides

12/12/12 9:31:35 PM#27

Maybe.

Depends on what they add PvP wise because far as PvE goes this game is pretty weak.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

lqw6843128

Novice Member

12/12/12 9:37:40 PM#28

I will wait and see what 's in the expansion first.

Kuro1n

Advanced Member

12/12/12 9:41:55 PM#29
Not a game I'm very in love with as it is too limited and the game holds your hand all the way through a la WoW. But It is wellmade and they derserv the money so yes.
  TweFoju

Tipster

12/12/12 9:52:40 PM#30

nope, although i would love to see what it has to offer, but this game is not for me altough i love the graphics to death

So What Now?

evolver1972

Novice Member

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

12/12/12 9:58:27 PM#31
Surprise, surprise!  I voted yes.  Absolutely I will buy all the expansions!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

User Deleted
12/12/12 9:58:44 PM#32

I know people will pass out at their chairs when they see this but, I'm on the fence.

They did a great launch, they had a good thing going then suddenly something changed and with that change they still have not convinced me they have the organization or leadership skills to properly update patch and adjust the game's features. So far this past month and 1/2 alone it's been very disappointing. From the loot issues, to the glaring in your face profession problems since BWE3, and the sheer lack of  communication on any of it they've been less then stellar in their community relations.

even the AMA was filtered.

someone on reddit actually managed to ask about loot before it was over, and Chris said they would investigate, it's been a week and a half and still no word, just some nonsense about the war on bots.

KhinRunite

Novice Member

12/12/12 10:05:40 PM#33
Originally posted by itgrowls

I know people will pass out at their chairs when they see this but, I'm on the fence.

They did a great launch, they had a good thing going then suddenly something changed and with that change they still have not convinced me they have the organization or leadership skills to properly update patch and adjust the game's features. So far this past month and 1/2 alone it's been very disappointing. From the loot issues, to the glaring in your face profession problems since BWE3, and the sheer lack of  communication on any of it they've been less then stellar in their community relations.

someone on reddit actually managed to ask about loot before it was over, and Chris said they would investigate, it's been a week and a half and still no word, just some nonsense about the war on bots.

I wasn't surprised at all to see familiar names like bcbully and Purutzil saying 'No' to the expansion. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future claiming boredom within weeks, revealing that they actually bought the expansion.

But yeah, you surprised me lol.

stygianapoth

Advanced Member

12/12/12 10:07:46 PM#34
no. gw1 was much better with pvp. gw2 is a joke.
  User Deleted
12/12/12 10:09:34 PM#35
Originally posted by KhinRunite
Originally posted by itgrowls

I wasn't surprised at all to see familiar names like bcbully and Purutzil saying 'No' to the expansion. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future claiming boredom within weeks, revealing that they actually bought the expansion.

But yeah, you surprised me lol.

their leadership since launch has been weird and absent. I dunno what to make of it.

Latronus

Novice Member

PC is not political correctness, it means Political Cowardice!

12/12/12 10:09:41 PM#36
No.  The game got boring fast and I can't imagine spending anymore money on it.

Tolmos

Novice Member

12/12/12 10:58:09 PM#37

If they don't increase the level cap(example: Guild Wars 1)- yes. If they do increase the level cap(example: World of Warcraft)- no.

http://imgur.com/a/kU0qS
Players of Balmung- a compilation of different characters I've come across during my adventures in FFXIV ARR.

User Deleted
12/13/12 3:23:40 AM#38
I will buy it the day it's released, no ifs, no buts.
  Magnetia

Hard Core Member

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

12/13/12 4:16:40 AM#39

Possibly on some conditions:

Underwater combat overhauled / extra weapons

Guild Halls

Polymock and other side activities (which i expected on release)

Needs at least those things

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Raekon

Novice Member

12/13/12 4:16:51 AM#40

Yes!

I think that the first Xpac will probably hit around April or later, so it will be a good time for everyone since

Wintersday starts tomorrow and January and February contents are coming aswell.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search