Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,839,236 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,042
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » [Interview] with Colin - huge content updates in the coming months

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
85 posts found
  IPolygon

Advanced Member

12/12/12 5:51:17 AM#81
Originally posted by Celcius

Content designers are not the guys who actually code the content or script anything. The tools are made so that people WITHOUT prior coding knowledge can design new content. The guys who created the tools are the ones responsible for fixing the bugs with them. That is all they do. These guys are not affected by the pace or prioritization of content development on the rest of the game. Only a couple of guys are going to be responsible for dealing with the code for large parts of the game. Anyone who has done any coding knows that if you throw too many coders at any piece of coding language (ie: more then 2-3) that it is just a disaster waiting to happen.

What? Yes, content designers script content. That's what they usually do. And knowledge of general programming is often welcome. They fix the bugs that affect the content itself, the programmers of the codebase and tools fix the bugs in the codebase and the tools. When something is broken in an event, the problem may be found somewhere in the codebase, but unless it is a general issue, it is fixed by the content designer.

I think you got something mixed up. If you don't believe me just take a look at job openings for content designer.
  STDB

Novice Member

12/12/12 10:02:09 AM#82
New update = better gear than the fractal stuff so people can grind more. Haha!
  Raekon

Advanced Member

12/13/12 3:09:54 AM#83

Exciting news! :)

What I'm missing the most are the guild halls and I really hope we will get them in january or february.

Though since they will probably be connected with the GvsG content, I might be hoping a bit too much cause it's a thing that will probably come at a later point.

Though since we don't know what comes our way yet I think I can still hope. :p

The additional mini games would definately be a great addition aswell and another spvp mode like team arena (not the random type we have right now) would help for sure, cause people could get in as a team and stay as a team (I know there are tournaments but they are barely taking place since it needs several teams).

For now though I'm gonna enjoy the wintersday that is starting tomorrow. :)

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

12/14/12 11:26:27 AM#84
Originally posted by STDB
New update = better gear than the fractal stuff so people can grind more. Haha!

Considering the only ascended gear available are rings and back pieces (require crafting) I'd say you're practically full of... misinformation.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Tiller

Guide

12/14/12 11:37:50 AM#85
Originally posted by Badaboom
Originally posted by Volgore

Sounds good, but i guess alot of players would prefer them to fix their basic game in first place.

The state of many mechanics, systems and classes is still embarrasing, while ANet's communication (or shall i say "attitude") is just unprofessional.

Got my money's worth though, but no amount of content is going to bring me back as long as they don't get their basic game together.

I think you overstate the problems. Nothing you mentioned is "game breaking". Look at any of the other mmos that have been out for 5 years or more and they still are balancing classes. 

Yeah. There are some  issues, but they are minor compared to other games I played (and I have played a lot). They have a team ironing out bugs, and a team developing content, both need equal attention, and that is what they are getting. All and all this has been a smooth gaming experiance for me, hence why I'm still playing after capping at 80, 100% world completion and story arch completion.

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search