Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,157 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,678
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » WoWstunlockrogue v GW2 1shot thief

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Masa1

Novice Member

12/03/12 11:57:30 AM#21
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by Masa1
I prefer wow stunlock rogue. Perma invi, 1hit thief in GW2 is just lame as hell.

Actually - just look - not invisible - you can see them. It looks like a heat shimmer, not hard to deal with. People just like to complain and then learn how to play ther prefession later.

People forgot about all the complaints of Saboteurs in Rift - people complaining about how OP they were. They were glass cannons but people complained and Trion listened and nerfed them to oblivion.

Nothing new about people complaining about being killed in PvP when they are not observent.

They should also nerf thieves into oblivion. Thieves are just way too OP.

botrytis

Elite Member

12/03/12 11:59:59 AM#22
I prefer wow stunlock rogue. Perma invi, 1hit thief in GW2 is just lame as hell.

Actually - just look - not invisible - you can see them. It looks like a heat shimmer, not hard to deal with. People just like to complain and then learn how to play ther prefession later.

People forgot about all the complaints of Saboteurs in Rift - people complaining about how OP they were. They were glass cannons but people complained and Trion listened and nerfed them to oblivion.

Nothing new about people complaining about being killed in PvP when they are not observent.

They are not - just have to learn what defeats them. Traps, my favorite skill Chaos Storm from mesmer (always whacks them). Again, people complain but learn your profession - every profession has an achilles heal.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Masa1

Novice Member

12/03/12 12:31:04 PM#23

They are not - just have to learn what defeats them. Traps, my favorite skill Chaos Storm from mesmer (always whacks them). Again, people complain but learn your profession - every profession has an achilles heal.

There are only a handful of skills to defeat thief for each profession... and before you try to say that each profession is similar to thief in that sense: NO, you can defeat other professions with almost any skill set, only thief needs specific skills.

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

12/07/12 3:49:27 AM#24
Marks and Wells - thieves don't lika da necro...
  Greyhooff

Novice Member

12/07/12 5:20:44 AM#25

hi

Only bad players have problems with thieves in GW2.

First of all, don't run glass cannon. There is almost no reason to run full glass cannon, ever. Get some toughness (don't even need much to get a lot of benefit), get some useful utilities.

Burst/backstab thieves are -very- easy to counter, the only way they can even apply their burst is if you're distracted by someone else and they intervene as a roamer without being detected. In which case it's 2v1 and you didn't expect to always win those right?

Condition/evade thieves who slowly whittle away at people with conditions and caltrops are much, much stronger.

User Deleted
12/07/12 6:47:50 AM#26

The worse of both is definitely the "stunlock rogue". Anything "stunlock" is utterly bad anyway. No class should be able to make another class totally unable to fight back.

This said, on my Feral druid (tank specced), I've always been laughing at rogues... ;)

AsalzSy

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 7:56:32 AM#27

After watching that video i wonder if we must really L2P lol. That guy plays the weakest class according to many an Ele DD and he fights 1vs3 1vs5 1vs8 and he win almost all fights..I cant do that with my *OP* classes guardian and mesmer lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXz5nVpS3Ds

Maephisto

Novice Member

12/08/12 1:59:30 AM#28
Originally posted by Dietengu
After watching that video i wonder if we must really L2P lol. That guy plays the weakest class according to many an Ele DD and he fights 1vs3 1vs5 1vs8 and he win almost all fights..I cant do that with my *OP* classes guardian and mesmer lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXz5nVpS3Ds

Fellas/Ladies.......I need to distract you from your expert analysis of quarterly financial reports, xfire analysis, and other matters that are far above your pay grade and/or scope of understanding. 

I EMPLORE you to watch this video (linked above).  However, I need you to pay attention to the people who are fighting the Ele....not the ele itself. 

I need confirmation that these are quite possibly the worst pvp'ers ever to grace a mmo.......ever.

Thank You.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search