Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,636 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,717
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Lost Shores what a mess .

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
63 posts found
  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

11/18/12 10:11:00 AM#61
Originally posted by TheIronLegion
Originally posted by Daddydazzle

one time event that is unplayable. unfreekin real..

i even tried to fraps the event yesterday for those that missed it, but i think i would have rather missed it. it was so bad i didn't even post it to my youtube channel.

only bright side i can see to this whole thing is that i don't pay a sub.

anyone else remember Anet saying, "we wont put out anything until it's ready."   ???

time to upgrade your pooter bro. No lag on my end. Also...frapsing during what could be classified as a massive raid. The game is already graphically intense and demanding of our systems, next throw 100+ people in a CITY with its npcs and other nonsense happening - not even in an exploreable area or in WvW, and then you want to add fraps to that?

I'd reseat your GPU and CPU just to make sure that nothing went wrong during all that. I've seen GPU's loose them selves from pci express slots from being overworked or from bad overclocks. Despite populare belief there are electric charges moving through your motherboard. And alot to your GPU.

But really. I had no lag. FPS was between 40-60 the whole time. GW2 plays incredibly well on my system.

i5 2400k 4.0ghz

GTX 460 2GB + GTX 460 2GB

512GB SSD - which is what GW2 sits on

16GB RAM - not that it matters.

Except the fact that the lag during the event was either serverside or network based.

It will take some time for arenanet to figure out all the bugs in theeventscripting.but with the first expansionpack that should work flawlesly  , no more hanging npcs that ruin events.  But the serverside lag during mass events will be a much harder nut to crack.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Daddydazzle

Novice Member

11/18/12 11:33:39 AM#62
Originally posted by TheIronLegion
Originally posted by Daddydazzle

one time event that is unplayable. unfreekin real..

i even tried to fraps the event yesterday for those that missed it, but i think i would have rather missed it. it was so bad i didn't even post it to my youtube channel.

only bright side i can see to this whole thing is that i don't pay a sub.

anyone else remember Anet saying, "we wont put out anything until it's ready."   ???

time to upgrade your pooter bro. No lag on my end. Also...frapsing during what could be classified as a massive raid. The game is already graphically intense and demanding of our systems, next throw 100+ people in a CITY with its npcs and other nonsense happening - not even in an exploreable area or in WvW, and then you want to add fraps to that?

I'd reseat your GPU and CPU just to make sure that nothing went wrong during all that. I've seen GPU's loose them selves from pci express slots from being overworked or from bad overclocks. Despite populare belief there are electric charges moving through your motherboard. And alot to your GPU.

But really. I had no lag. FPS was between 40-60 the whole time. GW2 plays incredibly well on my system.

i5 2400k 4.0ghz

GTX 460 2GB + GTX 460 2GB

512GB SSD - which is what GW2 sits on

16GB RAM - not that it matters.

my PC set up isn't slacking at all. 3570k, 670ftw, 16g ram, ssd, and a hefty power supply. thanks Quiz for the buying tips.

the server lag is mentioned all over the gw2 forums.

i killed the fraps after about 3 min. and kept tryin to play for another 30 before i just got pissed off and posted event lag issues in the mega thread that was already on the gw2 forums.

edit: should add that was all day one. day two consisted of no event popping up in my overflow server. love these one time events. glad i didn't set time aside for these or anything..

Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Banquetto

Novice Member

11/19/12 5:14:28 AM#63

Gave up on the earlier stages of the quests because every damn NPC was bugged out.

Missed the big event because it was while I was at work (Monday morning in my timezone).

Checked the forums at lunchtime and saw that exotics, 20-slot bags and legendary precursors had been handed out like candy.

Yeah, I'm impressed with this event. Really.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search