Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,367 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,577
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Lost Shores Event Boycott

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
121 posts found
  ExpiredLife

Apprentice Member

11/15/12 10:23:00 PM#81
Originally posted by SirFubar

Well, thanks alot for the links, but it's irrelevant for me since there's some items on this site that are really in the game but have the stats wrong (some Legendaries especially). So I really doubt the stats are right and even if they were, from the links you gave me, the only difference in stats to those rings are a small +7 to stats. You call this enourmous?? When you have around a 1000 points in this stat, getting +7 to it won't change anything at all. Bear in mind that the stats you see at the bottom of the red ring of death (the stats in white) are the upgrade slots integrated into the Ascended items. So yeah even if they had a +15 difference in stats, its still nothing when you have 1000 points in those stats. It's nothing game breaking whatsoever.

Again, you're leaving out the infusions.

Along with the fact ANet refuses to promise that Ascended is the last tier.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

xpiher

Advanced Member

11/15/12 10:31:08 PM#82
I'm going one better. I'm uninstalling the game.

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

11/15/12 10:32:29 PM#83

Gw2 being a btp game makes it difficult to boycott. With a subscription game you are more likely to be listened to as you can cancel your subscription in protest and get better service and results. Arenanet will do whatever they like.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

SirFubar

Novice Member

11/15/12 10:35:23 PM#84
Originally posted by ExpiredLife

Well, thanks alot for the links, but it's irrelevant for me since there's some items on this site that are really in the game but have the stats wrong (some Legendaries especially). So I really doubt the stats are right and even if they were, from the links you gave me, the only difference in stats to those rings are a small +7 to stats. You call this enourmous?? When you have around a 1000 points in this stat, getting +7 to it won't change anything at all. Bear in mind that the stats you see at the bottom of the red ring of death (the stats in white) are the upgrade slots integrated into the Ascended items. So yeah even if they had a +15 difference in stats, its still nothing when you have 1000 points in those stats. It's nothing game breaking whatsoever.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

That still doesn't change anything. I said +15 exactly because of the infusions that may add some +5 here and there. Don't tell me you think +15 out of a 1000 is still a big deal...Hell even +30 isnt really a big deal when you think about it.

As for their refusal to promise that Ascended is the last tier, it surely won't be since legendary is the ultimate goal and they didn't release any legendary armors yet. And the legendaries that will be released later will be on par with the Ascended gear.

ExpiredLife

Apprentice Member

11/15/12 10:42:38 PM#85

That still doesn't change anything. I said +15 exactly because of the infusions that may add some +5 here and there. Don't tell me you think +15 out of a 1000 is still a big deal...Hell even +30 isnt really a big deal when you think about it.

As for their refusal to promise that Ascended is the last tier, it surely won't be since legendary is the ultimate goal and they didn't release any legendary armors yet. And the legendaries that will be released later will be on par with the Ascended gear.

Go get yourself a superior sigil of bloodlust. Get 250 more power, see how much of a difference it makes for high coefficient skills.

Banquetto

Advanced Member

11/16/12 3:18:21 PM#86

Originally posted by fundayz
It's funny to see people overreadting like this.

The ascended gear has been shown to be only a few stat points higher than exotics; not even stronger than Legendaries.

I'd love to know how you figured that, given that (a) legendaries and exotics have identical stats, and (b) there are no gear slots which have legendary items available (weapons) which also have ascended items available (rings and cloaks).

So, basically, no such thing has been shown, you're either lying or repeating a lie that was told to you.

deakon

Novice Member

11/16/12 3:22:14 PM#87
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by Phry
if your serious about it, you should take a leaf out of the goonswarms book, when they take action, its not to stay away, its to turn up in a highly disruptive fashion, usually in a highly public and interesting way.. in game of course

That was tried in GW1 to the detriment of the game (the healer protests at THK for example).

The point is, is that no matter what people complain about in forums, official ones or otherwise, it can be ignored as a 'vocal minority' thing, which often may well be the case, for it to be really taken seriously, then a massive in game protest of some kind has to take place, but yeah, no guarantees it will have the desired effect.

That could also be called terrorism - not a good play in my book. Just saying....

A protest isnt terrorism, not even a little bit

Searias

Advanced Member

11/16/12 3:25:19 PM#88
Originally posted by Meleagar
To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

You do realize that the majority of the players don't visit or post on forums right :P.

Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Corsair Hydro H110 Extreme Liquid Cooler
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.80GHz
Asus Maximus V Formula
G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 pro Series 256GB SSD
Western Digital RED NAS 3TB Storage Drive
Hitachi 2TB Data Storage Drive
2xASUS GTX TITAN SLi
Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution ST1200-G Modular Power Supply

Silentstorm

Hard Core Member

11/16/12 3:26:32 PM#89
You realize majority of the players rofl at this post lol......Good luck with the drama queen parade its gonna be lonely judging by how full the servers are.
  Hefaistos

Apprentice Member

11/16/12 3:26:39 PM#90

Loged in. Ported to Lions Arch. Event Started...so do lag. The ammount of lag was so freakin HIGH!!! After 10 mins of laging ive loged off

Nobody is messing with my brainz on my spare time. Fix your game before anything!!!

Kenze

Novice Member

11/16/12 3:28:11 PM#91

Originally posted by Z3R01
Dude my friends list has over 40 people on it that havent logged in since hitting max level.

I know A-net is trying to offer a different experience in GW2 but we need some type of pve progression.

Just be happy it isn't raiding...

or maybe you and your friend should change your mindset and stop being slaves to the treadmill

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Torvaldr

Elite Member

11/16/12 3:31:39 PM#92
Originally posted by Tayah

Gw2 being a btp game makes it difficult to boycott. With a subscription game you are more likely to be listened to as you can cancel your subscription in protest and get better service and results. Arenanet will do whatever they like.

I've never had a subscription game listen to me because I've unsubbed.  LotRO - still going... RIFT - Trion could give a shit.  Sub games already have your money too.  I paid my box prices plus years of subs.  I don't get some magical sub-refund (that would be sweet eh?).  Just saying, it doesn't really make a difference one way or the other.

If a community is united enough to stage a protest the CCP saw with EVE last year, then maybe.

----------------------------

As for me, I plan on playing the hell out of this event.  I have relatives visiting on the free trial and a guild ready to lay waste.

Curse you AquaScum!

User Deleted
11/16/12 3:33:41 PM#93
What are you going to do?  Cancel your sub?
  SirFubar

Novice Member

11/16/12 3:34:17 PM#94

Originally posted by xpiher
I'm going one better. I'm uninstalling the game.

[mod edit]

Go get yourself a superior sigil of bloodlust. Get 250 more power, see how much of a difference it makes for high coefficient skills.

Irrelevant. This has nothing to do at all with what we talked about. Ascended gear won't ever give you a +250 to stats compared to exotics, even with full gear. Try harder next time.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

11/16/12 3:34:43 PM#95

The fact that so many people stopped playing is most likely why they are adding this gear now. 

So if more people stop playing after they add ascended gear you have a chance!

Gaia_Hunter

Elite Member

11/16/12 3:48:27 PM#96
Originally posted by FrodoFragins

The fact that so many people stopped playing is most likely why they are adding this gear now. 

So if more people stop playing after they add ascended gear you have a chance!

Have you seen what happened in Halloween?

Servers broke.

What is going to happen with Lost Shores and free trial?

Servers will break.

Basic differencial diagnosis:

Test 1 variable at a time.

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

Dkompoze

Hard Core Member

11/16/12 4:45:27 PM#97
Im not boycotting and the event has started - come kill the giant crabs and get your loots from the new dungeon. dont waste time reading a QQ thread,come in game and get your stuffs
  MosesZD

Novice Member

11/16/12 6:15:25 PM#98
To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

Good, that'll help cut down the lag.  

Beacker

Novice Member

11/16/12 6:18:22 PM#99

LMFAO makes no difference man. You already paid for the game so they got you wheather you log in or not. It really makes no difference..

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

11/16/12 6:19:36 PM#100
Why NOT have some kind of gear to work for? I do feel that it should be seperate from WvW at least, but still it gives people something to do besides just grinding the same mobs over and over repeatedly as a sort of pve aspect.
7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search