Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,734 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,441
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

8 posts found
  Mett

Novice Member

OP  11/13/12 7:07:16 PM#1
I am looking to start GW2 as WoW and some of the others are really starting to bore me. I really want to get in on a busy server and was curious to which server that would be.
  eyelolled

Apprentice Member

I am more than some of my parts

11/13/12 7:10:24 PM#2
The server I play on has an adequate amount of people in all zones I've frequented lately. Problem is, that it's full and you probably won't be able to join it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

Mett

Novice Member

OP  11/13/12 7:32:58 PM#3
No queues or anything? Once they are full they stop allowing you to join? Seems odd to me, I would rather wait in a queue to get in on a busy server.
  Fion

Novice Member

forums.3305local.com

We are recruiting.

11/13/12 7:56:17 PM#4

Once a server is full nobody new to the game can join it, but anyone with characters there can play, though youre likely to deal with World vs World queues and overload servers for some zones and cities. Best thing to do is join the game and chose a server early in the day, morning PST would be best, as most servers aren't full yet.

My recommendation? Tarnished Coast. Very good population, solid PvP, and a fantastic community that loves to have fun and if your into RP at all, plenty of those folks around as well. :)

austriacus

Novice Member

11/13/12 7:57:02 PM#5
Originally posted by Mett
No queues or anything? Once they are full they stop allowing you to join? Seems odd to me, I would rather wait in a queue to get in on a busy server.

If you really want to pick a specific server that is full wait for offpeak hours. They do this to balance out population.

eyelolled

Apprentice Member

I am more than some of my parts

11/13/12 9:53:10 PM#6
Originally posted by Fion

Once a server is full nobody new to the game can join it, but anyone with characters there can play, though youre likely to deal with World vs World queues and overload servers for some zones and cities. Best thing to do is join the game and chose a server early in the day, morning PST would be best, as most servers aren't full yet.

My recommendation? Tarnished Coast. Very good population, solid PvP, and a fantastic community that loves to have fun and if your into RP at all, plenty of those folks around as well. :)

Thats my server too, but it's hard to get onto it.  I have a friend that is working at finding a window to transfer in

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

Mett

Novice Member

OP  11/14/12 7:16:48 PM#7
Well if the download finishes I will try to get on at like 5am and see if I have any luck.
  Mett

Novice Member

OP  11/15/12 5:44:34 PM#8
I created a ranger on Tarnished named Marckus, the old guild I played w/ was on Yak's Bend but it look s like most of them quit playing