Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,630 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,700
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » ArenaNet! Please add some social stucture and competitive nature to your game! It's starting to suck!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
62 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/07/12 12:27:28 PM#61
Originally posted by Kuppa
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by Kuppa
Originally posted by bcbully
Corners were cut. I know people don't like to here that, but it can be seen in systems throught the game. A lot of RPG elements just didn't make the cut.

Could you please elaborate??

The little things, they added up for me. Things like going to the "battle master guy" The one you enter into a spvp match. Why does he give you a list of "servers"? It may sound silly, but it was a jarring immersion break.

Blending of the game worlds. This is a step in development where pvp and pve are balanced to create one world. GW2 left that out. You can say that it was because of this and that, but it was a step left out, and again it was a jarring design decision to me, that left the game world being 3 seperate games in one box. 

Emotes, I've never played a game with so few. 

Gear design 1-80. A decision had to be made that variety pre-cap is not that important. 

I could go on, but things like this stand out.

The one part of the game that doesn't need immersion is spvp. In any mmo really. The fact that they have them as servers is to mirror how fps and other genres do it. We both know that bc.

Again, this wasn't "left out" it was a concious decision. They are seperated for obvious design reasons, look at how other mmos are now changing to separate their pvp from their pve as well like GW2. Even your dear TSW is doing this, your gonna tell me that pvp and pve in TSW is one cohesive world??

Sure, Ill give you emotes...

I found gear design to be great. I guess this depends on perspective.

I think you should have more examples that 1. Only happen in GW2 2. Are actually "left out" or "cut corners" instead of part of the design.

tsw was like that all along actually

wHeisenbergw

Apprentice Member

11/11/12 1:28:59 AM#62
Originally posted by Karteli

Inspects are rivalries.  In GW2's case it would be legendaries.

Inspection is also the reason, every goddamned class I had in every MMOs that features Inspect was fucking nerfed to shit. If you want to be nosy & copy someone's style or build, GTFO GW2 to somewhere else.

As for the social factor in GW2, it's great as is. I've tons of friends with which to run dungeons, WvW, SPvP, or just explore. It's not any of our fault, you're socially challenged. I'm not lonely enough to complain on a forum Anet probably doesn't even read, about wanting a more social game. Get a fucking pet if you're lonely, so you can cry to it about your life's shortcomings.

With posts like yours, is it any wonder you're alone...

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search