Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,846,180 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,191
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Worth buying GW2?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
69 posts found
  loulaki

Advanced Member

11/09/12 12:39:28 PM#61

best MMO to buy so far..

also the servers are not ghost towns, they are fine, just the zerg crowd now is lost around the maps, only the high -end areas are kinda low populated cause they are hard like hell

Darhamm

Novice Member

11/10/12 7:29:38 PM#62
Yes, it's worth it. Got it for 33.75€ myself, no sub fee and great fun = a must buy. 25% off the already 18% off at greenmangaming :-)
  Underbridge

Apprentice Member

Troll kalla mik!!!

11/10/12 8:47:50 PM#63
YMMV.........If you don't mind the fact that it will probably only last you a month or so depending on how fast you level, then buy it. There are some who will try to convince you differently, but they are the same ones who will tell you that you are playing it wrong. If you don't believe me, just read the threads all over the internet. It isn't a bad game, it just doesn't have a lot of longevity for the average MMO player. It may for you though. If it is one of those games that clicks for you, then you may end up playing for longer. At any rate I got my money's worth since it was only $60.00.
  hockeyplayr

Advanced Member

11/10/12 8:57:29 PM#64
I can't get into it no matter how much I want to.  It just seems childish to me
  shellshockro

Novice Member

11/10/12 8:58:05 PM#65
What is it ? $60US. Pretty sure you can have half a movie and half a dinner for that. Why don't you splurge and get an entire month of your own opinion. Yes , I know, no sub, but was trying to make a point.
  User Deleted
11/10/12 9:02:07 PM#66
Yeah it cost me 35 pounds which is about the same as the average solo rpg game upon release . I've been playing it for about an hour or two a day . Well into my second month and still plenty to do . Havn't even touched pvp yet . Haloween event was the best holiday event I've seen in any mmo  . This is great value for what it offers for the money . I still play Rift as well but the thing about buy to play is you dont feel like you have to play it every day for hours to get your moneys worth .
  MMObro

Apprentice Member

11/10/12 9:05:57 PM#67
only by playing it can you know if you will like it. As for me i played a few alts and it got boring real quick. to each his own.
  lalartu

Novice Member

11/10/12 9:10:50 PM#68

love the game

love the fact that I can play as much or as little as I want - no monthly fee is great.

love the fact that there's always something to do somewhere

love the fact that even after 1 month of quite intense gaming, i haven't covered everything even close

loved the halloween event and looking forward to nov 15

love the lore

love the graphics

love the class balance

love the fact that if i just stand in one spot and press 1,2,3 I wont survive long even as a guardian

my Gaming Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/lalartu

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

Duvious

Novice Member

11/12/12 5:32:57 PM#69

Totally worth it.  Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go pick this game up.  I hate the fantasy genre and absolutely won't play it until this game.  This is the first fantasy game I've played since UO (not to be confused with that sandbox as they are nothing alike, just saying as far as genre goes).  Since my UO days I've played EQ2, WoW, City of Heroes, CO, EVE, SWTOR.  I still play EVE (paid sub) and CO (lifetime sub) and SWTOR (with F2P) but the only game I actually "play" is GW2.  EVE I just train skills, CO / SWTOR I never login.  GW2 is the first game since CoX and UO to give me that feeling of playing a MMORPG for the first time again.  Worst case what you are out, $60?  JUST DO IT ALREADY!!

EDIT:  and before I get hated on I listed WoW but I only get to like level 5 so I don't count it against my fantasy genre games since UO comment ;)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search