Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,071 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,009
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » Watch the Fight vs Watch the Addon!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Dwigo

Novice Member

10/09/12 8:25:26 PM#21
 Just because you can't play WoW without addons doesn't mean everyone else is using them. I have been doing just fine without using any addons at all. Also GW2 bossfights are nothing special.
  AegisSaga

Novice Member

10/09/12 8:29:35 PM#22

The bias on that picture comparison is astonishingly evident. Let's ignore the fact GW2 has its UI hidden there. You can make a very minimalistic, yet perfectly functional UI on WoW with the correct AddOns and the patience to customize them; to the point where it becomes even BETTER than GW2's default UI for some people's tastes. Besides, you do have to remember that raid fights in WoW are much more complicated than in GW2, whose dynamic events are zerg-fests with no tactics whatsoever (trust me, I did all cathedral events, none requiered more than "I died, someone rez pls"). 

Contrary to what people believe, you actually need to be more aware of what the boss does in WoW than in GW2. So much so, that players rely on UIs to help them stay aware of the fight's elements. GW2's PvE combat had no real depth, I liked the PvP very much, but PvE had nothing for me. 

Harttz

Novice Member

10/09/12 9:10:55 PM#23

So, in one game you need to use specially designed addons in order to perform at the highest level against challenging and complex encounters. And in the other game you press 1 repeatedly trying to get as much damage in as you can before the boss dies to the zerg of players spamming their 1 key. 

Which would you prefer?

(And yes, my comparison is just as ridiculous as the comparison in this picture.)

saxifr

Apprentice Member

10/09/12 9:13:50 PM#24
Originally posted by itgrowls

I also do NOT miss the boss dances it's retarded having to do all that crap to fight something...

you have to put you're elbow in you have to pull your elbow out you have to put your elbow in and shake it all about

a thousand +1's for you, sir or madam!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

User Deleted
10/09/12 10:02:42 PM#25

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I think the UI thing is a matter of choice, I have always kept my raid addons to a minimum just for this reason here, but I never really had a problem keeping it minimal. I will grant the UI watching as an issue. At least I hated that about healing in WoW. Felt like I was watching timers and health bars more than the boss.
was same for me in Rift and most other themeparks and really turned me off from healing in any of those games.. although in Rift chloro healing is fun

Chloro with mouseover macros is in my top 3 classes ive played in an mmo.

As far as the op's pic. Its just a tad bias. But i guess thats the point hehe.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search