Trending Games | Dragon Age: Inquisition | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,580 Users Online:0
Games:685  Posts:6,081,918
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

14 Pages First « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » Search
280 posts found
  Karelia

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/21/12
Posts: 688

10/04/12 3:05:29 PM#241
Originally posted by caetftl

Just gotta take breaks til you desire to play again... GW2 may not have enough content to be a primary mmo, but it's ok to fart around in for 30 minutes every week.

 

Even the biggest mmos get boring to people... hell pandaria only sold 2.7million copies in its first week... and many say it is the best expansion to date... many people are just bored of wow, though 10 million mark has been re-achieved, but that number will go down in a few months after the panda content has been mostly played through. 

thats true and thats how it was gw1 too, for me and my friends/guild mates

  sirchive

Novice Member

Joined: 12/18/03
Posts: 50

10/04/12 3:20:20 PM#242

Out of 5 relatives and myself only 1 is still playing GW2.

The common theme is that "it just got really boring".  

Pretty only goes so far.

  orion2355

Novice Member

Joined: 8/13/03
Posts: 76

10/04/12 3:30:22 PM#243


Originally posted by sirchive
Out of 5 relatives and myself only 1 is still playing GW2.

The common theme is that "it just got really boring".  

Pretty only goes so far.



Same here, I played since launched took my time, did some pvp, explored, crafted and then hit 80 logged off almost immediately going wth was that all about. I log in every other day or so trying to hit or find that "oh now I likey" moment, so far I roll alts and goof on them to see if I can stomach another 80 levels or take my main out to finish maps for the achievement, but I lose interest sooo fast. I did not rush, please I work full time and am almost 40 I'm not the rushy kind of person nor did I hack,cheat, exploit, or have someone bot me around the game while I was away...I just played the game as is and lost interest. I love the graphics, professions, and even some of the races, but I just can not put my finger on the exact moment in-game where it all fell flat for me...just seems off.


---I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm simply saving you from that hideous costume you're wearing.

  MikkelB

Novice Member

Joined: 2/23/06
Posts: 239

10/05/12 7:48:42 AM#244
Originally posted by Rokurgepta
Originally posted by Randayn

my boredom set in a bit faster....still trying to play the game though cuz I bought it and hate wasting things.

 

have clocked over 100 hours of playtime and haven't gotten a toon over level 22...people say exploration is a strength but I disagree (and I LOVE exploration)....most things are pointed out on the map already and for those things that arent (hidden caves, jumping quests) there is nothing extraordinary about them...just another place where mobs camp and wait for you to kill them.  It is a huge world, but alot of it feels like empty space...even the smaller towns are very bleh...nothing to really do in them.  The best part of the game is the city and that also has everything pointed out to you.

 

It feels like a very grindy, hand-holding adventure....and although i've said this a million times, the DE's are nothing more than waves of mobs over and over sometimes leading to a boss....yay....

The fact that nobody is a tank or healer and everybody is DPS is kinda ridiculous...it wipes out the only way to give people a small semblence of individuality in your toon...no matter what game alot of people will have the same gear, alot of people will have the same build, but when you are in a small 5 man group, you will more than likely be the ONLY tank, the ONLY healer and if you are in a tight knit guild, you will be the person everyone rely's on in dungeon runs...that's gone...now it's a free for-all while hoping you have the right specs and classes to debuff (repetiitiously) and dodge/die your way to victory...no real strat...just stay alive and use debuffs alot.

another uninspiring themepark fantasy MMO...it's a shame...could have been ALOT better...

 You can turn off map icons. This game was never about tyhe holy trinity. Whining about no healer so you can be a special snowflake means you spent no time understanding this game before or during your time playing.

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

  outfctrl

Novice Member

Joined: 11/16/03
Posts: 3630

American by Birth
Biker by choice
Patriot forever

10/05/12 9:48:35 AM#245

I play about an hour a night and love the fact I dont need a healer.  I am basically soloing the game as far as I can get.

Being able to heal yourself no matter what class you play is a plus for me.  I love it.

It's not boring to me.

  IPolygon

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/20/11
Posts: 699

10/05/12 9:54:04 AM#246
Originally posted by Purutzil
Originally posted by medafor
Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

 

Any game gets boring  after 5-8 hours a day. wth do you expect?

Really? I can play games like Ragnarok Online for 5+ hours a day for weeks straight and not get bored., and thats an old school grinding game. Trust me when I say, there are games out there that can take upa  good chunk of time for the hardcore and not get boring, and for many (not all) Gw2 fell very short. It takes a lot for a game to actually bore me after a few hours of playand unfortunately GW2 did just that. I literally got tired of playing after 2 hours THE FIRST DAY. Its not a good thing at all.

 

 

Originally posted by umie214
People devoured SWTOR like no other. This is a sign that BIOWARE made a great game and that many will be back with content updates. Some people are leaving but new players are constantly streaming in, which means that the game's population has not even dipped.

Changed (underline) for lolz since the same could be applied there a month after launch. Population dip HAS occured, it occurs for every single game. Bots don't count as well which there are tons of them around, many owned by a single person. I love rift but when that expansion comes out it will be much more popular again but I'd bet in 3 months the population will be down a good deal. Over-inflated MMO market does that.

 

Just means you prefer the grind games more or this is no game for you. GW2 actually has a lot of grind, if you want to go for legendary weapons and other exotic skins. Everyone who expected GW2 to replace their gear treadmill mmo left, because it is no such game. GW2 begins with character progression until level 80 to teach the basics and then relies on player progression for the rest of the gametime. In GW2 you will reach a power plateau at one point at which you have to carry your own weight and cannot grind for better stats, so gear carries you.
  sapphen

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 912

10/05/12 11:03:49 AM#247
Originally posted by MikkelB

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Thing is, if your group is only looking out for themselves then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.   You guys need to be protecting each other.  Boons, conditional removal and combos fields/finishers are incredibly important in group play.  This is not an easy game, the mechanics are not a simple tank and spank.

 

Originally posted by MikkelB

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

If you're throwing bodies at a boss til it dies then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.  You have every right to enjoy whatever battles you want to but I think it's bias to the fact you haven't taken the time to learn how to play as a group in GW2.  Dungeons are hard but there is a wicked learning curve.  Once you've learned the mechanics you'll find most encounters to be fairly easy.

 

Originally posted by MikkelB

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

If everyone in your group is built the same way then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.  There are many different ways to build your character; you could build tanky, support boons, support regen/healing, support conditional remover, controller, sustained damage, critical/burst damage, AoE damage, or conditional damage.  Everyone SHOULD be doing their part in a GW2 group.

You have to understand this is absurd as me playing a trinity games, going in with 5 dps classes and saying this is stupid - everyone is the same, we're just throwing ourselves at the enemies, it has no framework...  just because you haven't taken the time to learn the roles of groups in GW2 doesn't mean they don't exist.

 

Originally posted by MikkelB

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

That is a lot of time but even playing 3-4 hours a day I've gotten bored with PvE.  I know they have plans for the future so I'm not really in a hurry to get to 80.  I'm still having a great time in WvW and PvP.

  evolver1972

Novice Member

Joined: 3/18/11
Posts: 1126

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

10/05/12 11:12:48 AM#248
*Snip*
Originally posted by MikkelB

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

That is a lot of time but even playing 3-4 hours a day I've gotten bored with PvE.  I know they have plans for the future so I'm not really in a hurry to get to 80.  I'm still having a great time in WvW and PvP.

That is also a lot of time.  That's probably why you're bored with PvE.  At least 21 hours/week (3x7) is basically a part time job.  I'd get bored with most things if I did it that often.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

  dasX82

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/24/06
Posts: 69

10/05/12 11:17:10 AM#249
Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

 

SSSSS you cant say that:)

  Castillle

Forum Bunny

Joined: 10/24/10
Posts: 2673

10/05/12 11:30:44 AM#250
GW2 is getting more and more fun with me.  Its so fun trying out new professions and theorycrafting team comps! Its just...awesome! As awesome as coming up with cheese strats in LoL.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

  austriacus

Novice Member

Joined: 8/28/07
Posts: 622

10/05/12 1:23:45 PM#251
Originally posted by MikkelB
Originally posted by Rokurgepta
Originally posted by Randayn

my boredom set in a bit faster....still trying to play the game though cuz I bought it and hate wasting things.

 

have clocked over 100 hours of playtime and haven't gotten a toon over level 22...people say exploration is a strength but I disagree (and I LOVE exploration)....most things are pointed out on the map already and for those things that arent (hidden caves, jumping quests) there is nothing extraordinary about them...just another place where mobs camp and wait for you to kill them.  It is a huge world, but alot of it feels like empty space...even the smaller towns are very bleh...nothing to really do in them.  The best part of the game is the city and that also has everything pointed out to you.

 

It feels like a very grindy, hand-holding adventure....and although i've said this a million times, the DE's are nothing more than waves of mobs over and over sometimes leading to a boss....yay....

The fact that nobody is a tank or healer and everybody is DPS is kinda ridiculous...it wipes out the only way to give people a small semblence of individuality in your toon...no matter what game alot of people will have the same gear, alot of people will have the same build, but when you are in a small 5 man group, you will more than likely be the ONLY tank, the ONLY healer and if you are in a tight knit guild, you will be the person everyone rely's on in dungeon runs...that's gone...now it's a free for-all while hoping you have the right specs and classes to debuff (repetiitiously) and dodge/die your way to victory...no real strat...just stay alive and use debuffs alot.

another uninspiring themepark fantasy MMO...it's a shame...could have been ALOT better...

 You can turn off map icons. This game was never about tyhe holy trinity. Whining about no healer so you can be a special snowflake means you spent no time understanding this game before or during your time playing.

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

This seems so at first sight, but as you understand the systems more on the game you realize that your role is not defined by  the actions you make but by the profession you are. My role in a party is being a guardian, and with that comes all the abilities at my disposal to be a guardian. This special snowflake thing is even more prominent in GW2 because the interpretation of your role a lot of times varies from person to person A LOT. Very few times have i seen a profesion being played the same way by different people.

Once you understand what everyone can bring to the table in a fight and the mechanics in game to enchance your battle capabilities it stops looking like a zerg.

Its understandable that people feel this way though, when someone is new it is hard to look it more than skin deep since you got so little knwledge of it.

  Grimmx

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/30/11
Posts: 205

10/05/12 2:29:12 PM#252
Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

 

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

This. Very good post and exactly what i feel as well.

Took me 2 weeks to get bored, havent played since.

  stratasaurus

Apprentice Member

Joined: 12/18/11
Posts: 222

10/05/12 2:40:28 PM#253
I miss the days when quests were something along the lines of "find the roaming orcs to the north and get back the stolen necklace"  thats it, no map markers or quest helpers.  You didn't know if that meant 2 min walk to the north or 10 min to the north.  Sometimes you would end up fighting up the wrong group of orcs for a long time before you realized that wasn't even where you were suppose to be.  That was exploring.  And hey if you needed help you would have to actually ask other people and talk to them.
  Stx11

Novice Member

Joined: 11/28/09
Posts: 420

10/05/12 2:57:11 PM#254
Originally posted by stratasaurus
I miss the days when quests were something along the lines of "find the roaming orcs to the north and get back the stolen necklace"  thats it, no map markers or quest helpers.  You didn't know if that meant 2 min walk to the north or 10 min to the north.  Sometimes you would end up fighting up the wrong group of orcs for a long time before you realized that wasn't even where you were suppose to be.  That was exploring.  And hey if you needed help you would have to actually ask other people and talk to them.

Or Alt+Tab, Google, and have the answer in 5 seconds...

Nothing wrong with nostalgia or enjoying the "glory days" of your MMO-youth, but there are reasons why many games have trended away from it. At least you can turn off the Map Markers in GW2 if you prefer.

  Rokurgepta

Novice Member

Joined: 8/15/08
Posts: 2208

10/05/12 5:25:43 PM#255
Originally posted by MikkelB
Originally posted by Rokurgepta
Originally posted by Randayn

my boredom set in a bit faster....still trying to play the game though cuz I bought it and hate wasting things.

 

have clocked over 100 hours of playtime and haven't gotten a toon over level 22...people say exploration is a strength but I disagree (and I LOVE exploration)....most things are pointed out on the map already and for those things that arent (hidden caves, jumping quests) there is nothing extraordinary about them...just another place where mobs camp and wait for you to kill them.  It is a huge world, but alot of it feels like empty space...even the smaller towns are very bleh...nothing to really do in them.  The best part of the game is the city and that also has everything pointed out to you.

 

It feels like a very grindy, hand-holding adventure....and although i've said this a million times, the DE's are nothing more than waves of mobs over and over sometimes leading to a boss....yay....

The fact that nobody is a tank or healer and everybody is DPS is kinda ridiculous...it wipes out the only way to give people a small semblence of individuality in your toon...no matter what game alot of people will have the same gear, alot of people will have the same build, but when you are in a small 5 man group, you will more than likely be the ONLY tank, the ONLY healer and if you are in a tight knit guild, you will be the person everyone rely's on in dungeon runs...that's gone...now it's a free for-all while hoping you have the right specs and classes to debuff (repetiitiously) and dodge/die your way to victory...no real strat...just stay alive and use debuffs alot.

another uninspiring themepark fantasy MMO...it's a shame...could have been ALOT better...

 You can turn off map icons. This game was never about tyhe holy trinity. Whining about no healer so you can be a special snowflake means you spent no time understanding this game before or during your time playing.

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

 I lost my interest in raids in Vanguard. To me nothing was more boring than those. The strategy for every raid boss was just to learn at what % of HP the boss would use a special skill and avoid or interupt it. But since the script was so simple it took no time to learn this.

 

Sorry but not everyone is the same in GW2. I would say the opposite is true.

  laserit

Elite Member

Joined: 3/24/10
Posts: 1282

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

10/05/12 5:32:29 PM#256

ROFL

 

Hey OP if you were spending that kind of time doing a 10/10 poster pin up babe... you would be getting bored of that too ;)

 

Moderation is the key

Zenimax kicked my dog

  Foomerang

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/10/05
Posts: 4294

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

10/05/12 8:35:36 PM#257


Originally posted by myca5John
I think i need break too

Lol even the bots are burning out

If you thought the events were dynamic, you'll think the stories are living.

  Shadanwolf

Novice Member

Joined: 6/13/10
Posts: 1851

10/06/12 12:05:47 AM#258

My wife and I are long term DAOC players.We both left for GW2.She just returned to a 10 year old subscription game....DAOC today.

 

Frankly the current GW2 WvW ..is not acceptable unless you want to feel like a hamster on speed....zerging around  for hours on end only to see a counter zerg undo what you've taken moments before.

 

Me....i'm hanging on...but I haven't played for days.I L O V E faction conflict and am so disapointed in what WvW is ....so far.

  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Joined: 6/10/09
Posts: 5182

Opportunist

10/06/12 12:09:09 AM#259
The game gets more interesting to me every day I play.
  User Deleted
10/06/12 12:52:05 AM#260
Originally posted by Shadanwolf

My wife and I are long term DAOC players.We both left for GW2.She just returned to a 10 year old subscription game....DAOC today.

 

Frankly the current GW2 WvW ..is not acceptable unless you want to feel like a hamster on speed....zerging around  for hours on end only to see a counter zerg undo what you've taken moments before.

 

Me....i'm hanging on...but I haven't played for days.I L O V E faction conflict and am so disapointed in what WvW is ....so far.

There's your problem right there. Get a small group, doesn't even have to be over 3 people, and go do stuff on your own. As long as they are a little bit competent, you'll have way more fun than you ever did in the group. I hated WvW and still hate it unless I play it with friends becuase I can't get stuff done on my own and the zerg is by far the most boring thing known to man, and won't get any better anytime soon.

14 Pages First « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » Search