Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,606 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,617
ArenaNet | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/28/12)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$49.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars 2 Forum » General Discussion » The price of this game is ridiculous

21 Pages First « 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » Last Search
409 posts found
  garretth

Advanced Member

4/10/12 6:06:36 PM#241
Originally posted by Valua
Originally posted by colddog04
Originally posted by aesperus
Originally posted by Vesavius
Originally posted by Xexv

The price of this game is standard.

PC games do not typically sell for £50 in the UK.

I have said this 5 times today already, but you guys refuse to listen, prefering to repeat the same moan.

I bought the game for £39.99 for the GF today.

Where is your mental block on that information?

Go and look at Play.com.

Guess this needs to be reposted.

Stop crying and read ^

Here, I'll help with a link. This is geting insane.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/31123030/Guild-Wars-2-Pre-Purchase/Product.html?searchstring=guild+wars+2&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

People posting about getting it cheaper from other places in the UK DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS POST AT ALL. Please read my initial post, first post page one.

I am aware that I can purchase the game for £39.99, that's not what is annoying me. 

I am annoyed with the arogance that ArenaNet is selling the game on their website for £60.00.

Are we clear now? By posting that it can purchased elsewhere for cheaper is showing your ignorance and that you haven't read the initial posts. 

Okay, thanks.

Suggestion:  let Anet know your concerns on Twitter or Facebook...since they don't have the forum up yet.

Karahandras

Apprentice Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

4/10/12 6:13:37 PM#242

I have said this 5 times today already, but you guys refuse to listen, prefering to repeat the same moan.

Go and look at Play.com.

Stop crying and read ^

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/31123030/Guild-Wars-2-Pre-Purchase/Product.html?searchstring=guild+wars+2&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

People posting about getting it cheaper from other places in the UK DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS POST AT ALL. Please read my initial post, first post page one.

I am aware that I can purchase the game for £39.99, that's not what is annoying me. 

I am annoyed with the arogance that ArenaNet is selling the game on their website for £60.00.

Are we clear now? By posting that it can purchased elsewhere for cheaper is showing your ignorance and that you haven't read the initial posts. 

Okay, thanks.

Feel the need to point out that the usual price(rrp) on play.com is £49.99, just on sale at £39.99.  Chances are it will go towards the rrp at time of release.

Am i wrong in thinking that the typical price for a pc game was £30(rift etc released at this price) and it's only in the past year or two that the prices have gone up?

BeansnBread

Hard Core Member

4/10/12 6:14:27 PM#243

Okay, thanks.

Oh, right. You mean after you edited the original post.

And in your edit you got the prices wrong btw. So you might want to edit it again.

And if you don't think its worth the money, don't buy it. That's how a transaction works. I ask for money for my product. You decide whether it is worth it. If we can't come to an agreement, then the transaction of money for goods does not happen. You sound like you're part of the entitlement culture.

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

Cammy

Novice Member

4/10/12 6:15:55 PM#244
Originally posted by heartless
Originally posted by jpnz
Originally posted by darkhalf357x

However, both cosmetically and merchant-wise it is definitely pay to win. Although those aspects are not as important as PvE and PvP, they are sufficiently important for a significant amount of people.

How do you 'win' cosmetically?  You have more things to wear than I do?  I fail to see the advantage (other than envy that I couldnt have it without buying) - but thats hardly winning imo.

I think people take the whole cash shop pay 2 win thing too seriously.  I have to grind "longer" then someone who bought xp packs? ok. Guess Im lucky, for me its not the destination but the journey...

Did you play GW1?

For many people the GW1 'endgame' was cosmetic items.

Different faction armors and weapons, not costumes sold in GW1's cash shop.

It'll be the same way here. The costumes sold in the cash shop are not going to be part of the endgame.

Exactly right.... ^ 

Xerith

Novice Member

A monkey poured coffee in my boots

4/10/12 6:16:57 PM#245

Dropped over $250 on the game today. I'm perfectly fine with that. 

Cammy

Novice Member

4/10/12 6:17:53 PM#246

Okay, thanks.

Oh, right. You mean after you edited the original post.

And in your edit you got the prices wrong btw. So you might want to edit it again.

And if you don't think its worth the money, don't buy it. That's how a transaction works. I ask for money for my product. You decide whether it is worth it. If we can't come to an agreement, then the transaction of money for goods does not happen. You sound like you're part of the entitlement culture.

This person should win the internet.... 

Anthur

Hard Core Member

4/10/12 6:25:17 PM#247

OP should probably edit his initial post again. It is not true that you only get one day head start if you do not order from Anet directly.

See here (you have to click on special features).

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/31123030/Guild-Wars-2-Pre-Purchase/Product.html?searchstring=guild%20wars%202&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1334096118_da2f236cb0b7fc318e4ff7d7638d908e

Same for other retailers. And no, I didn't check all.

Good night, it's late over here and this thread is nonsense. ;)

troublmaker

Novice Member

4/10/12 6:46:42 PM#248

I find British people are often being forced to spend more money than Americans for any game.  I can honestly say I think it's just Guild Wars 2 testing the waters to see if they can get away with it.  When the game goes live and retailers get involved the price will drop heavily.  It might not be worth the pre-purchase as you might be able to purchase it cheaper when it goes live.  Kind of weird that a digital copy might just be more expensive than a boxed copy.

By putting it in British pounds people don't really see the problem.  He is saying this game costs 90 American dollars.

Compare this to World of Warcraft in which you get a free month.  This means Guild Wars 2 in Britain is supposed to be worth the same as World of Warcraft with six free months.  Alternatively the normal version is worth the same as the collector's edition of SWTOR or regular SWTOR with four free months.

NCSoft are sharks.  They have no problems milking out Europe and then dropping the price down after.  They know full well that Europe is a first boom people.

To people who claim this game is worth that much and the game developers are spending millions of dollars making it and blah blah blah.  You're full of it.  You are absolutely full of it.  No game is worth $90.  You're not even buying theg ame.  You are technically buying an account and the software is free.  Unlike other games that you can trade or sell to friends MMOs are ones in which you don't actually own anything, you license or rent it.

Saying that it is so expensive because it is buy to play is absolutely bullshit.  In North America the game costs $50-60.  This is just NCSoft trynig to milk Europe for what they are worth.

Website: http://www.thegameguru.me / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/users/thetroublmaker

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

4/10/12 6:50:17 PM#249

Go and look at Play.com.

Stop crying and read ^

People posting about getting it cheaper from other places in the UK DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS POST AT ALL.

Yes, we are clear that you are mystifyingly annoyed at something that you can choose to not do.

What people are trying to relay to you though is that your rage is pointless and a waste of energy because there is an incredibly simple solution.

Honestly... getting annoyed over this moot point is extremely silly. I hope you do at some point understand that, though if not by now...

terrant

Novice Member

4/10/12 6:52:45 PM#250

Games are typically more expensive in Europe...and hell you want to have a REAL reason to complain, be an Aussie. Get everything 3 months later if you're lucky and pay the same prices as Euro or worse. 

Not saying it's fair. It does suck that a Euro player is paying 33% more than I am for the same item. It's fairly common for games retailed overseas though, and I don't think Anet's doing anything super-sneaky.  Just the crappy way things are. I think what should be done is find out why so many retailers have such difficulty with this, and change it.

Or unite the entire world under one common currency and.....OK I'm laughing too hard on that last one. But I wish.

jmcdermottuk

Hard Core Member

4/10/12 7:02:12 PM#251

Game has the pre-order for £34.99. Sounds good to me. I'll look to see if I can get a few more quid knocked off but that's a fair price.

Zeroxin

Advanced Member

My words are not here to sway you,they are here to make you understand.

4/10/12 7:04:42 PM#252

What's up with these self proclaimed british people today? The price of games over here is between 29.99 and 60 pounds! The fact that you don't want to pay 49.99 is no one's beez wax, go sit on your couch and watch Eastenders or something! No need to tell us about your principles of money spending.

This is not a game.

Cammy

Novice Member

4/10/12 7:08:05 PM#253
Originally posted by troublmaker

Compare this to World of Warcraft in which you get a free month.  This means Guild Wars 2 in Britain is supposed to be worth the same as World of Warcraft with six free months.  Alternatively the normal version is worth the same as the collector's edition of SWTOR or regular SWTOR with four free months.

hmm... I really don't understand your math or how you're getting to this at all.

60 + 15 a month x 5 month = 80?

This is interesting....

Edit: Did the exchange rate properly, since the guy I was quoting didn't even use the right figures....

DLangley

Novice Member

4/10/12 7:09:02 PM#254

Hey guys let's remember not to personally attack anyone.

Albred

Novice Member

4/10/12 7:10:08 PM#255

iPads cost $500, Androids cost 200+, but which would you rather have?...well Android cause it's Linux, but you get my point.

Karahandras

Apprentice Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

4/10/12 7:11:19 PM#256
Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

Game has the pre-order for £34.99. Sounds good to me. I'll look to see if I can get a few more quid knocked off but that's a fair price.

Isn't game in administration?  If so may not be around when gw2 gets released.

User Deleted
4/10/12 7:27:39 PM#257

Don't buy the game,  simple as that. That'll be $100.00 please for the sound advice, next!

jmcdermottuk

Hard Core Member

4/10/12 7:29:53 PM#258
Originally posted by Karahandras

No, someone stepped in at the last minute and bought them out. They're staying open.

Xexv

Novice Member

4/10/12 7:40:11 PM#259

Originally posted by Karahandras

No, someone stepped in at the last minute and bought them out. They're staying open.

Irony that of all the retailers GAME is giving one of the best deals...change must've happened quick at the ivory towers.

Xexv Xfire Miniprofile
  troublmaker

Novice Member

4/10/12 7:56:00 PM#260
Originally posted by Cammy
Originally posted by troublmaker

hmm... I really don't understand your math or how you're getting to this at all.

60 + 15 a month x 5 month = 80?

This is interesting....

Edit: Did the exchange rate properly, since the guy I was quoting didn't even use the right figures....

The British pound is $1.6 American dollars.  That means a game that costs 60 pounds costs a little under $100 in American dollars before tax.... not 80.

Once you realize this suddenly you start seeing it differently.  Cataclysm did not pre-order for $60, it pre-ordered for $40.  The $100 six month value I described was getting Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm with the free WoW/BC client and six months of play for free.  If you pay for 3 months at a time it goes down to $10/month.  That means if you pay for a full six months you get to roughly the same $100 value as Guild Wars 2.

That is Guild Wars 2 at $100 will pay off for a person who might also be interested in WoW after six months.

Worst yet a current WoW player will not get the same value until after a year.  But of course if you buy your subscription a year in advance you also got a free copy of Diablo 3 which even further extends the value even higher.

This is of course only if you are British.

Ify ou're North American you can say LoLGAMESARECHEAPERTHANGASLOLOLOLOL.

Website: http://www.thegameguru.me / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/users/thetroublmaker

21 Pages First « 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » Last Search