Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,754 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,304
ChangYou.com US Inc. | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 2010)  | Pub:ChangYou.com Ltd.
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon Oath Forum » General Discussion » How does this rank among other similar MMORPGs? Please answer =)

2 posts found
  Alpheia

Novice Member

"It is not sufficient that I succeed -- all others must fail." - Genghis Khan

OP  1/29/10 12:17:25 AM#1

To be honest, I've only played one MMORPG (RO) and it was incredibly intuitive and easy to understand. I found DO very confusing at first -- tiny text and VERY difficult to chat (you are limited to a certain number of characters --  type too much and *boom* your words magically disappear! Also, you must click on the textbox to type; I have oh-so-many times forgotten this, and have been severely punished by all the random help, info, etc. screens that pop-up when you press "h", "i", etc.). Also, unlike RO, there doesn't seem to be many people engaging in normal chat (normal chat as actual interesting social interaction, NOT "lvl18 pm 4 prty" etc.). Is this typical in other similar MMORPGs like WoW or Perfect World? Do I just have unreasonable expectations? 

Welcome to Disaster.

lugal

Hard Core Member

1/29/10 12:25:32 AM#2

THese days, you are better off joining a clan/guild when playing a mmo. Just find one that has people you fit in with. Age  shouldnt be a barrier to you. Most clans/guilds prefer mature gamers than to some kid or some no life teen who obsesses about every little thing.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The reviewer has a mishapen head
Which means his opinion is skewed
...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley