Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,641,042 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,633
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  1/23/13 4:01:36 AM#1

I'm playing at GMT +9 -- I guess that fits into an Oceanic timezone. I got a couple of toons up to level 10 on Landroval, but realized there may not be many people for me to play with when I play. I've just rolled on Elendilmir and I'm working up a couple of toons there now. I'm asking because I just shelled out for a mount on Landroval and realized, I should better consider what server I'm going to be playing on before I buy more stuff. 

If there are any LOTRO players in the Oceanic timezone or Asia who have any advice on choosing a server, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

MMOGamer71

Advanced Member

1/23/13 10:24:10 AM#2

See here for Estimated server populations.

http://lux-hdro.de/

Use the HDRO Live link.

My mains are on Brandywine and it does get full and it's listed has having 10% of the population.

The "issue" with MMO development is that there are TOO MANY suits and not enough gamers making games.

User Deleted

OP  1/23/13 10:58:43 AM#3
Thank you for posting. It's nice to see clear data!
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

1/23/13 11:23:46 AM#4
You should ask in their main forums where the Aussies and other Oceanic players hang.  Nimrodel and RIddermark are two that have a decent Oceanic crowd, but check their forums and get the answer from them.
  User Deleted

OP  1/23/13 7:56:22 PM#5
Originally posted by Torvaldr
You should ask in their main forums where the Aussies and other Oceanic players hang.  Nimrodel and RIddermark are two that have a decent Oceanic crowd, but check their forums and get the answer from them.

Duh. I should have thought of that. 

Good idea. Although, I have already bought another mount for my toon on the "unofficial" Oceanic server. I was impatient .. :D

Skooma2

Hard Core Member

1/23/13 7:59:16 PM#6
When the game first came out, Elendilmir was the unofficial AU/NZ server.  You may want to check there as well as the other suggestions made above.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.