Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,185 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,569
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » Terrific game! Insanely good PVE

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
50 posts found
  TheeLord

Advanced Member

OP  1/17/13 9:04:52 PM#1

I tried LOTRO back in beta and was not impressed.  But just recently I downloaded it with a friend after seeing the Hobbit.  I very highly recommend this game!!  Take your time to learn the game, level up to level 20 or 30, really give it a chance and check out the dungeons etc...  Can't believe how good the PVE is in this game, good crafting system, and so surprised you don't hear more about it.  Me and my friend and also my wife just subscribed as VIPs.

Join on the Windfola server if you do!!  Great and friendly / mature server!

Tokken

Advanced Member

"I'm your Huckleberry!"

1/17/13 9:06:46 PM#2
are you getting paid for this plug?

UO, EQ, DAoC, SWG, WOW, EQ2, CoH, CoX, VG, Aion, STO, CO, DCUO, LOTRO, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, DP, NW, TSW, MH, DDO, Rift, WS, ESO, Trove, LM

David_Lopan

Novice Member

"There is no progress. Everything is the same as it was. Form changes. The essence does not." RLS

1/17/13 9:09:20 PM#3
It really is a good game. Great community and atmosphere. I played it for 2 years on and off, f2p has kept the pop decent too. It denfiently has its flaws, but what game doesn't.
  TheeLord

Advanced Member

OP  1/17/13 9:09:44 PM#4
lol no just think the game needs more attention
  TorreyH

Novice Member

1/20/13 2:16:18 AM#5
It really is.  I can't speak to the later expansions, as I have only gotten as far as Mirkwood, but the original game and the Mines of Moria are excellent PVE, well worth the ride.  Especially if you appreciate the setting - Turbine has done a great job at recreating Middle Earth as a game world.  The epic quests, which follow the main story line, are especially good.  The community on my server is mature and friendly and supportive of role-playing, which is a refreshing change from other MMO's.  I did find the cash store annoying at first, but I seldom notice it anymore.  My main complaint is that  it can be hard to find groups at lower levels, so you end up soloing a lot of content that was clearly designed for a group.  Like a lot of older MMO's, the population is skewed toward the end game.  But other than that, LOTRO has a lot to offer.  Even the crafting is good.  :-)
  PaRoXiTiC

Hard Core Member

1/20/13 2:21:14 AM#6

Always sat around and thought about downloading this game, but I just don't like getting late starts into games. Had I played it from the get go I bet I would love it. After all the LoTR is my favorite 3 movies of all time.

Can't bring myself to start the game though. Like I said I like to start from launch.

Cherise

Novice Member

1/20/13 5:42:17 AM#7
Definitely is my favorite PvE mmo at the moment.  They've made some good changes over the years, and that combined with finally having a pc that can run it well, brought me back to playing last year.  I love the huge open landscapes, the slower leveling pace, and the incredible detail in the zones and structures.  Really is a beautiful game.  Mounted combat has been incredibly fun.  And shout out to Landroval for being such a wonderful server community.
  InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

1/20/13 5:47:05 AM#8
Deosn't feel like lotr. A good company should make a new mmorpg called Middle Earth

User Deleted
1/20/13 7:11:19 AM#9
Originally posted by InFlamestwo
Deosn't feel like lotr. A good company should make a new mmorpg called Middle Earth

Haha. You are funny. What is the lotr feeling? 

Zorgo

Advanced Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

1/20/13 7:16:53 AM#10
Originally posted by mymmo

A subjective intangible feeling the reader develops independently from others by interpreting the words of Tolkein in their own mind's eye.

Thillian

Advanced Member

1/20/13 7:19:40 AM#11
Yeh, Rohan was definetly a great expansion compared to Isengard. They still need to do something about the combat, it's kinda clunky; allowing movement during casting and using abilities would help tremendously.

REALITY CHECK

Asamof

Apprentice Member

1/20/13 7:20:40 AM#12
great game sure, but insanely good pve? please, it's a well made WoW clone 
  Po_gg

Elite Member

1/20/13 7:21:48 AM#13

There's a good Company but they're on an adventure right now (at least according to Jackson) - and I don't think dwarves are good programmers anyways :)

Amjoco

Elite Member

1/20/13 7:28:34 AM#14

This is an excellent game to get friends that aren't familiar with mmorpgs started in. It is a great way to get a wife or a girlfriend involved in you nerdiness. :)  It has an awesome story if you read the quests and get involved. 

It's a good game but it needs a better PvP/Faction system. The entire book screems of good and evil. IMHO the monster play restricts the game, and needs to be opened into an entire playable faction.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

darkbamy

Novice Member

1/20/13 7:36:15 AM#15
Originally posted by mymmo

Simple

get 4 large midgets with hairy feet...send them on a quest to throw something in a vulcano, allong the way they meet all these weird ppl including some old guy who think they are kids and follows them allong and bring them in all sorts of trouble.

THAT is the lotr feeling! =P

Anyways LOTRO is indeed a very solid PvE game, i mean it has its flaws (stupid house rent) but besides that...its just a good game

Broomy

Advanced Member

1/20/13 7:57:18 AM#16
I recently resubbed and am a VIP.  I played the game soon after launch and found the combat restrictive.  The biggest problem I had was being unable to complete the Books due to lack of groups.  Now that you can solo the Books with the "inspiration" buff I no longer feel like I'm missing half the game.  LOVE IT!  Picked up my Captain and caught up on the books and ready to move to Moria!

Current Games: WOW (what else?)

Mari2k

Novice Member

1/20/13 8:00:13 AM#17
However , the grafics and espacially the animations are so old that you cant play this game anymore. Even WoW feels better.
  Gdemami

Elite Member

1/20/13 8:08:16 AM#18

Sadly the turn off for me is character models and animations. I find combat very static, unappealing and killing the game for me. :(

kevjards

Advanced Member

1/20/13 8:09:08 AM#19
Originally posted by Thillian
Yeh, Rohan was definetly a great expansion compared to Isengard. They still need to do something about the combat, it's kinda clunky; allowing movement during casting and using abilities would help tremendously.

^^^^^^ this..that is  the only thing that lets the game down..the combat.

Thenextbigthing

Apprentice Member

1/20/13 8:13:29 AM#20

How original. I'm sure i've read this on another thread on here...

Are you playing it... no? What a surprise.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search