Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,588 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,496
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » Turbine threatens to ban players for pursuing refunds of their new expansion

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search
156 posts found
  zyklonian

Novice Member

6/17/12 11:55:36 AM#101

Turbine has been in damage control since they announced Mirkwood.  The quality has gone down and the price has gone up.  (real actors for cutscenes lol wtf i still can get over this)

Hurvart

Novice Member

6/17/12 12:03:09 PM#102
Originally posted by Ryukan

So Turbine posted in the original preorder faq that the instance cluster would be free to all purchasers of the expansion, then changed it and claimed that they "made a mistake"...OR they just flat out misled people under the guise of a "mistake". Now the shit is hitting the fan and Turbine is acting butthurt over the refunds being sought. Suck it up Turbine.

How did the statement that the instance cluster would be free to everyone who preordered the expansion evre make it into the original preorder faq? Either it's a rope-a-dope by Turbine which is equal to lying and fraud, or it is a colossal fuck up by Turbine which they should have just rolled with rather than redact it, attempt pathetic damage control and then act butthurt when people are pissed and want their money back.

Frankly, my money is on the rope-a-dope because I have a hard time believing they just "accidentally" left that part in the original preorder faq. If so, they are incompetent as all hell.

I'm just glad I quit playing after RoI (disappointment), I just wish I quit playing before RoI because I could have saved myself $40.

It really makes no difference if it was intentional or a mistake. It was misleading and false. The customer must have the right to a refund. At least in most countries the law will support that. And if turbine is trying to somehow  punish people that want a refund they are just digging a deeper hole for themselves. But they have been digging for years...

User Deleted
6/18/12 5:08:21 AM#103

There's a sign on the official forums and the biggest fan forum too... some people I know for years (since release in 2007), who have always been die hard fanatic defenders of Turbine (what people here call "fanbois"), are turning their back to Turbine and have stopped defending them. When that happens, you know the game is doing really bad. I was co-running LOTRO Vault at release and was a big fan of the game myself, but LOTRO started to "die" slowly just after Moria and has never gone back to the design quality and community from Shadows of Angmar. The dictator style moderation only shows the insecurity of Turbine about that situation.

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself.  It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.  ~Potter Stewart"

User Deleted
6/18/12 5:28:12 AM#104
Originally posted by Teala
Originally posted by Thillian

How can anyone be surprised by Turbine's (powered by our fans™ ) behaviour after its fiasco around Asheron's Call 2 (selling paid boxed expansion and claming the game is in healthy state a month before they announced to shut down all servers with no compensation whatsoever)?

Oh yeah, I remember that.   They had the expansion, released it, then shut the game down.   People had bought and paid for it, just a month before it was shut down.  That incident totally slipped my mind.   Maybe that is why I refuse to play any game by Turbine ever again.    Same goes for SOE.    Or Funcom.     At the rate these game companies are getting on my ban list, I'll be playing "Go" and "Chess" board games primarily here in the future.

Yes, you're right. Now because of this thread, Turbine goes on my list. That makes #4 along with (1) EA,  (2) Funcom, and (3) ----I hate to do this but I have no choice if D3 actually turns out to be designed around the RMAH after the next patches -- Activision-Blizzard.

As far as SOE, I just don't like any of their games, so I haven't had a chance to be burned by them. But I will be circumspect based on what I've read about them.

Fortunately, there are lots of other games out there to choose from by different developers!!!

zyklonian

Novice Member

6/18/12 7:46:40 PM#105

i think they had a strong "fan" base during the SoA days... enough so that i would have payed a little more a month to keep the same quality. i would have payed 20 dollars a month to support them if they were honest but now they are nothing more than a scam. isengard has been the most dissapointing xpac ever for me personally. every aspect of their game is a money pit for them.

thekid1

Apprentice Member

6/18/12 7:54:39 PM#106

Another company then on my black list.

At this rate I'm better of making a white list instead..

Hurvart

Novice Member

6/19/12 2:56:29 AM#107
Originally posted by thekid1

Another company then on my black list.

At this rate I'm better of making a white list instead..

The are owned by Warner Brothers actually. Just like EA owns Bioware... The greed , cash grab mentality and P2W have gradually become worse since WB took over.

VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

6/19/12 3:03:17 AM#108

Wow... I can't believe there are so many people defending this kind of behavior.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

DaezAster

Advanced Member

6/19/12 4:00:44 AM#109
Wow... I cant believe people paid for a game, a sub, expansions, and a cash shop...

Glad I'm not a lotr fan...

avalon1000

Apprentice Member

6/19/12 4:09:22 AM#110
Originally posted by zyklonian

To the OP cut your losses and move to another game.  ive played Lotro since SoA and i can tell you the quality of their product is a mere shadow of its former self.  Their new "hybrid" (lol) ftp is a scam and everyone knows it.  The isengard xpac is still broken in every aspect.  PvP is pay to win.  the dragon raid is still broken after multiple attepts to fix it.  ( how hard is it to fix a 2 phase fight with 3 mechanics)  and dont even get me started with the T2 tower raid.  everything started going downhill with MoM and i can only imagine RoR state will be a disgrace.  Turbine is adding a new engine for mounted combat when they can even get the current engine to run smoothly.  What a joke.  Great game idea run by a horrible company.

PS real actors for rohan cut scenes?  how much did that cost?  put that money into your dev team

The current engine has serious problems (as well as hardware problems). I had to turn off game audio in order to quest in parts of RoI. Lag in the LL area is horrible. I fondly remember SoA days and hope they can return to at least close to those days. As it is I can barely log in these days and the game is just dead (even on the big E).

FrodoFragins

Advanced Member

6/19/12 4:47:02 AM#111
Originally posted by VassagoMael

Wow... I can't believe there are so many people defending this kind of behavior.

mmorpg.com ignores Turbines antics vecause they are and important advertiser.  I have no idea why so many Turbine supporters stil ldefend them.  It must be because they'd play any MMO that was set in Middle Earth.

sadboy

Apprentice Member

If I am not here tell my shadow

6/21/12 11:14:52 AM#112

I quit the game after F2P as the game is just rubbish now. I had played it from closed Beta but would never return to it again.

Gaborik

Advanced Member

6/21/12 4:55:10 PM#113
So let me get this straight someone is all pissy they didn't get their money back, comes on a site that all people do is complain about others games and everyone is supposed to run away from the game screaming how bad it is?  RoR is including instances maybe at a later date but big deal.  Why do I still support Turbine well because after 5 yrs I still enjoy the game I still have a great group of people in my Kin that also enjoy the game.  Next time read the fine print that says no refunds before you purchase anything.

So when a new game comes out all we hear on this site is how horrible it is and how its not as good as game "X" because it didn't include a certain aspect whether it be the sun not coming up to no reason to explore.  Well i made a little list why I still play LOTRO and why I support paying to play LOTRO because it has all these little aspect everyone cries the new games don't.

Day Cycles with snow and Rain
very good instance mechanics with Tier system
Still good graphics (ok char models are so so)
Exploration, kill, emote, just any deed you can think of,
Player housing that you can put in trophies from your exploration or instance achievements
Cosmetic clothing with colored dyes
Player music (what other game would throw something like Weatherstock IV Look it up)
I bet with ROR which will have instances included (big deal added at a later date) even though people spew ignorant garbage saying it won't but that will push the total number to around 30 instances in game.
One of the best communities in any game. 
A great story that is continuous
Multiple ways to play each class
  xalvi

Novice Member

6/22/12 10:58:20 AM#114
Originally posted by Gaborik
So let me get this straight someone is all pissy they didn't get their money back, comes on a site that all people do is complain about others games and everyone is supposed to run away from the game screaming how bad it is?  RoR is including instances maybe at a later date but big deal.  Why do I still support Turbine well because after 5 yrs I still enjoy the game I still have a great group of people in my Kin that also enjoy the game.  Next time read the fine print that says no refunds before you purchase anything.

So when a new game comes out all we hear on this site is how horrible it is and how its not as good as game "X" because it didn't include a certain aspect whether it be the sun not coming up to no reason to explore.  Well i made a little list why I still play LOTRO and why I support paying to play LOTRO because it has all these little aspect everyone cries the new games don't.

Day Cycles with snow and Rain
very good instance mechanics with Tier system
Still good graphics (ok char models are so so)
Exploration, kill, emote, just any deed you can think of,
Player housing that you can put in trophies from your exploration or instance achievements
Cosmetic clothing with colored dyes
Player music (what other game would throw something like Weatherstock IV Look it up)
I bet with ROR which will have instances included (big deal added at a later date) even though people spew ignorant garbage saying it won't but that will push the total number to around 30 instances in game.
One of the best communities in any game. 
A great story that is continuous
Multiple ways to play each class

Clearly you have not read the posts on this thread you just took the OP post and jumped to conclusion. All i can say to this one sided post is that you're the only one with a positive comment about this game. You still enjoy this game? cool, well most of the loyal customers didnt because of what happened to them try to respect their opinions, not to mention they gave well thought out reasons why they decided to leave.

Everyone knows turbine screwed people with their false advertising, even the fanboys went wild. Troll better 

JeroKane

Elite Member

6/25/12 3:24:37 PM#115

This whole debacle has a huge effect on the ingame population.

A lot of people are burned because of it.

My guild has been very steady the last years population wise. Even through various new MMO launches.

But now it's dead as can be. After all these years. 

It's just sad that this wonderful game has been ruined by corporate greed and mismanagement! /shrug

Flaming_MMO

Novice Member

6/26/12 8:01:17 AM#116
Originally posted by sadboy

I quit the game after F2P as the game is just rubbish now. I had played it from closed Beta but would never return to it again.

I dont see how it is currently the number #2 rated mmo behind Rift currently here.

Liknvi

Novice Member

8/08/12 3:46:15 PM#117

Hullo, all. OP of screenshot here. Felt like adding some closure to the situation.

I have indeed cut my losses and have not logged in since this ended. Turbine failed to respond to my BBB complaint, and the BBB, per usual, sided with Turbine in the end, stating that 'Turbine made sufficient effort to resolve the issue'. Yeah. Right.

I've lost the enthusiasm to pursue this further. I could have done a lot with it, but with college and life, it's just... Not worth it.

I've watched the forums, and after the apparel dummies, I'm glad I haven't logged back in.

To anyone who can enjoy the game, I envy you. I've been a Tolkien fan ever since I could read, and I wish I could go back to LotRO.

But, this is the end of the road. /salute

leojreimroc

Apprentice Member

OP  8/09/12 10:29:38 PM#118
Originally posted by Liknvi

Hullo, all. OP of screenshot here. Felt like adding some closure to the situation.

I have indeed cut my losses and have not logged in since this ended. Turbine failed to respond to my BBB complaint, and the BBB, per usual, sided with Turbine in the end, stating that 'Turbine made sufficient effort to resolve the issue'. Yeah. Right.

I've lost the enthusiasm to pursue this further. I could have done a lot with it, but with college and life, it's just... Not worth it.

I've watched the forums, and after the apparel dummies, I'm glad I haven't logged back in.

To anyone who can enjoy the game, I envy you. I've been a Tolkien fan ever since I could read, and I wish I could go back to LotRO.

But, this is the end of the road. /salute

If you're not planning on playing anymore, you could try a chargeback.  Your account will probably get banned for it though.

kol56

Novice Member

8/09/12 10:53:29 PM#119

We really need this game to go down.

The F2P propaganda has to come to an end.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
-Seinfeld

Ausare

Novice Member

8/09/12 10:58:51 PM#120
Nah. The game is doing fine and they put the cluster back in.
8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search